Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
True Love's Darkest Hour by Cassim fan
[Reviews - 1] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +
One afternoon Cassim was coming out of his closet with his King of Thieves outfit on. He was just starting to pull on the cape.

"Where are you going?"

Cassim jumped and looked over, his cape only half over his head.

He pulled it on the rest of the way.

"I'm going for a walk in the marketplace."

"Must you wear your King of Thieves outfit?"

"What do you have against it?"

"I don't know, mabey because it pretty much screams, 'Arrest me!'"

As Carina went on Cassim's temper rose! He tried to hold it back, tried to control it.

Then she went too far, and he snapped!

"That's it!"

Carina jumped at his voice.

"I have had it! For months I've put with you being very over protective of me, and I can't take one more minute of it! You're trying to control my life, trying to cage me in like an animal! Only God can control my life! I can't stand to be caged in *anywhere*! I'm a man that needs to be free! You're just holding me back, trapping me here behind the palace walls! I haven't been able to go out into the marketplace in months!"

Cassim turned and went back into his closet. He came back out with one of his large packs slung over his shoulder!

Carina looked in his closet to see his plainest outfits were gone!

"Cassim, what are you doing? Cassim? Cassim?"

Cassim wasn't in the room anymore!

Carina found him in the sables carrying his saddle over to his horse's stall.

Sabeek, his magnificent, chestnut stallion, nickered at the sight of Carina.

Cassim looked over. When he saw her her looked away again.

"Cassim, what are you doing?"

"I'm tacking up Sabeek."

"I meant why?"

Cassim put the saddle on Sabeek's back, bent down, grabbed the girth strap, and brought it back up towards him.

"I'm trapped here. I'm trapped here because of you. I can't take anymore of it."

"What are you saying?"

"I'm leaving."

"What?"

Cassim went into the tack room and came back with Sabeek's bridle.

"Cassim, what do you mean?"

"I'm leaving, Carina! It's that simple! You keep me trapped here behind the palace walls! I can't stand it any longer!"

Cassim slipped the bridle on Sabeek, attatched his pack to his saddle, led Sabeek out of the stadles, and mounted.

"Where are you going?"

"I don't know! I don't care! Somewhere far away from here, far away from *you*! Someplace where I can live my life without being trapped or controled! I'll go to the ends of the earth if that's what it takes to get away from you!"

"Cassim,..."

"I've already made up my mind. I'm leaving, and I am *not* coming back, *ever*!"

He kicked Sabeek in the sides, and the stallion took off!

Sabeek galloped out of the city and off into the desert towards the horizion!