Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Trouble on the Tenth Year by Cassim fan
[Reviews - 0] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +
Author's Notes:
I don't own Cassim, the gang, Mozenrath, or Xerxes. Isabel, Ahmed, Aden, Ali, and Anna are mine.
Cassim flew on Carpet to the land of the Black Sand. He pushed him faster and faster. Never before had they *ever* gone so fast! For Cassim it seemed all too slow! Finally they reached the Land of the Black Sand. They flew into Mozenrath's throne room.

The sorcerer had ten year old Anna in chains. He didn't know that Cassim and Carpet were in the room. Anna saw Cassim. He quickly put a finger to his mouth, signalling her to be quiet.

"Well?"

The little girl remained silent.

"Tell me Cassim's greatest weakness!"

"I'll never betray Grandpa."

Cassim couldn't help but smile at his ten year old granddaughter's loyalty. He crept closer, hiding behind whatever he could find. Over twenty years of living on the streets paid off! He had learned to hide just about anywhere!

Mozenrath grabbed the chains attached to the shackles around Anna's wrists and yanked on them once. Anna fell flat on her face! She sat up and rubbed her face. She refused to cry in front of the sorcerer and held back her tears.

"Tell me Cassim's greatest weakness if you value your life!" he threatened.

Cassim was a little fearful now.

"I would rather die than betray Grandpa!"

Cassim froze. Mozenrath's gaunlet began to glow. He lifted his hand.

"So be it then!"

Anna shrunk back in fear. Cassim leaped forward and tackled Mozenrath.

"You!"

"Yes me."

Mozenrath blasted Cassim off him. Cassim leaped to his feet and pulled out his sword.

"Don't you dare harm my granddaughter!"

"I'll deal with you first then."

Cassim dodged every blast of magic Mozenrath threw at him! He got in some good blows. Then Mozenrath gathered up all his power and fired a very powerful blast at Anna!

"No!"

Anna could only stare in horror as the blast of magic came at her. Cassim dropped his sword and leaped forward. He knocked the girl out of the way. Her chains disappeared. She hit the floor and looked over to see Cassim fall to the floor, injured by the blast!

"Grandpa!"

The girl rushed to his side. She gently shook his arm. At her touch he weakly opened his eyes.

"Anna?"

"I'm here, Grandpa."

"Anna."

"Yeah?"

"I'm very proud of you for refusing to betray me."

"I will never betray you."

Cassim smiled a genuine smile.

"Thanks, sweety."

Anna suddenly leaned down and placed her head on Cassim's chest. He was surprised for a moment. Then he put his strong, muscular arms around her.

"Anna, honey."

Anna looked at him.

"Yeah, Grandpa?"

"Help me up so I'm leaning against the wall."

Anna did, with a great difficulty, as he said.

"Thanks."

Anna sort of leaned against him, wrapping her little arms around him. Cassim once again put his arms around her.

Anna felt his bearded chin gently rest on top of her head. She looked up at him with tears trickling down her face. Cassim looked down at her and wiped away her tears.

Suddenly a shadow descened over them. The angry glare from Cassim told Anna who it was.

"As touching as this is I need to move on with my plan."

The next moment they were down in the dungeons, zapped there by Mozenrath's magic! To Cassim and Anna's surprise and horror Eden, a female genie that was in love with Genie, was there!

"Eden?!"

"Cassim? Anna?"

Eden glared at Mozenrath through the magical bars that didn't allow her to escape.

"Cassim, you will have someone to look after you."

Anna was pulled away from Cassim!

"Anna!"

"Grandpa!"

Mozenrath threw Cassim into the cell with Eden, who hurried to his side and helped him sit up. The sorcerer shut the door and began to leave, dragging Anna with him, who was fighting.

"Let go of me! Grandpa!"

Cassim, upon not being able to stand, crawled over to the door.

"Anna!"

"Grandpa!"

"Anna!"

Cassim hurled himself against the bar of the cell. Pain shot through his body, and he was thrown back into the wall!

"Grandpa!"

Cassim shook his head to clear his mind.

"Grandpa!"

"Anna!"

Adrenaline surged through Cassim, giving him the strength to get up and run. He rushed over to the door, careful not to touch the bars.

"Anna!"

"Grandpa!"

Anna's voice was becoming quieter as she and Mozenrath got farther away.

"Anna!"

"Grandpa!"

"Anna!"

Then the door leading into the dungeon slammed shut.

"Anna!"

No answer.

The adreneline wore off, and Cassim collapsed!

"Cassim!"

Eden, using her magic, was able to heal him. He sat up, just fine.

"Thanks, Eden. How do we get out of here?"

"We don't."

"What?" Cassim said, turning to her.

"If you touch those bars, well, what happened to you a few minutes ago."

"You mean I'll get thrown back again?"

"Yep."

"Great." Cassim said sarcastically.