Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
A Father's Sacrifice by Cassim fan
[Reviews - 4] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +
Author's Notes:
I don't own Cassim, Aladdin, Jasmine, Genie, Carpet, Abu, Iago, Mozenrath, or Xerxes. They belong to Disney. Aden, Cari, Dirk, the guide, and Dirk's mother are mine.
It had been ten years since Aladdin and Jasmine were married! Now the gang was seeking the help of Cassim and Iago. Mozenrath had captured Aladdin and was going to kill him unless someone willingly took his place.

Carpet flew into the layer of the Forty Thieves. They found Cassim rather quickly.

"Cassim. Iago."

The two looked up.

"Jasmine? Abu? Genie? Carpet?"

Jasmine explained why they were there. Cassim agreed to go with them to the Land of the Black Sand. They flew into Mozenrath's lab about a half hour later.

"Watch out! It's a trap!" Aladdin cried.

Mozenrath hit Carpet with a blast of magic! The gang tumbled to the floor. Abu and Iago landed side by side. Genie had a hold of Carpet. Jasmine landed on top of Cassim!

"Jasmine, could you please get off me?"

Jasmine got off.

"Sorry."

"That's okay."

Cassim got up and rubbed his back.

"You're heavier than you look, no offense."

"None taken."

"Who are you?"

The gang looked at Mozenrath.

"Dad?"

Everyone looked over at Aladdin.

"What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to save you. What do you think I'm doing here?"

"The streetrat has a father?"

If looks could kill Mozenrath would have been dead by the glare he got from Cassim!

"Yes he has a father."

"Well then, you will get the pleasure of watching your son die."

Mozenrath moved towards Aladdin with a dagger he made appear.

"Wait!"

"What is it now?"

"Take me instead of him."

"Dad, no!"

"Very well."

Both Cassim and Aladdin vanished! Cassim reappeared in Aladdin's place, and Aladdin reappeared in Cassim's place. Genie held him back as Mozenrath moved towards Cassim. The sorcerer stood next to the former King of Thieves now.

"Any last words?"

Cassim looked at Aladdin.

"Aladdin."

"Yeah, Dad?"

"I'm sorry I wasn't there for you when you needed me the most. I'll tell your mother you said hi."

Cassim then looked at Iago.

"Iago."

"Yeah?"

"Everything back at the layer is yours."

Cassim looked away from the gang and Mozenrath.

"Are you finished?"

Cassim suddenly looked back at the gang.

"Carpet, get them all out of here. I don't want you to see this."

"If they leave they will not get your body so they may bury you."

"He has a point. We're staying, Dad."

"You take after me way too much! At least close your eyes, look away, something! I just don't want you to see this."

Mozenrath put the point of his dagger to Cassim's chest.

"Enough talk! Prepare to die!"

Tears came to Cassim's dark brown eyes as he looked at Aladdin one last time.

"I love you, son."

Everything happened so fast the gang wasn't sure what really did happen! The next thing they knew Cassim was slumped against the chains, dead!

Tears welled up Aladdin's eyes as he looked at his father's lifeless body. The truth slowly sank into to the gang's minds.

Cassim had sacrificed himself! He had sacrificed himself for his only son!

The gang took Cassim's body back to Agrabah. There they buried him in the menagerie. Aladdin had some guards go with him to the layer and bring what was there back to the palace and welcomed Iago back to the palace.

Aden and Cari, Aladdin and Jasmine's children, mourned the loss of their beloved grandfather. The story of Cassim's sacrifice spread throughout the Seven Deserts.