Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Life of a Father by Cassim fan
[Reviews - 1] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +
Author's Notes:
I don't own Cassim, Aladdin, or Carina. Cassim and Aladdin belong to Disney. Carina belongs to some other fan fiction author.
I was walking home from work. As I neared the hovel I could hear Carina screaming in pain! Full of fear I raced up the stairs, climbed the ladder, and rushed to her side.

"Carina."

She looked at me, and I could see the pain in her eyes.

"Cassim, the baby is coming."

"Now?"

"Yes now!"

She screamed again. I gave her my left hand to hold. I grabbed a small blanket with my right hand. She screamed once more and squeezed my hand.

"Easy, Carina. You need to relax. If you're tense it will only make things more difficult."

She relaxed as much as she could. After a few hours she had to start pushing. It was hard for her since she was so weak, but I was right by her side, encouraging her. Late that night our son was born.

I wrapped him in the blanket and handed him to Carina. She smiled lovingly.

"What shall we call him?"

"How about Aladdin?"

"Aladdin." she repeated.

She repeated the name a few more times.

"I like it. Aladdin it is."

She looked up at me, smiling. I was smiling, too. I leaned down and kissed her. I didn't know how long the kiss lasted, but I did know that I loved every moment of it. Carina did too.

Three months went by. Each night I came home from work to find Aladdin still alive. It helped me keep going.

But then I lost my job! When I told Carina she was shocked.

"Carina, there's something else I need to tell you. My job was at the Skull and Dagger."

"The Skull and Dagger?"

I sighed and nodded.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you. They told me that if I told anyone I'd be fired. I needed the money."

"It's okay, Cassim. You still told me. I'd rather have you tell me the truth now than not ever."

That's when our lives started to go downhill! We had to steal to eat. We only stole food.

Two years passed. Carina was becoming sick. She said she was fine, but I knew otherwise. As another year passed she got worse. Soon I found myself fearing for her life!

Another year went by. Aladdin was growing well. Carina had recovered fully from her sickness. By then I was as agile and stealthy as a cat, as swift cunning, and sly as a fox, and as strong as two champion fighters! The guards couldn't catch me if their lives depended on it!

Five more years passed. Aladdin was learning fast. He could already out smart the guards. He needed to do that since he couldn't out run them.

What Carina, Aladdin, and I hated most of all was being called streetrat!

Before Carina and I knew it, seven more years had gone by. Aladdin was now sixteen! He almost matched his mother in height. He stood at six feet and two inches. He was quite handsome.

His appearance was a combination of both Carina and myself.

He had long, thick, wavy, enbony black hair like me, brown eyes like his mother, and his skin was almost like a mix of my deep tan and Carina's light tan. He was only a little darker than his mother.

His personality was another story! He was almos as stubborn as me, had a quick temper like me, though he had a harder time holding his temper back than I did, he had a bit of an attitude, and he could be cocky sometimes, which I have no idea where he got that trait because he didn't get from Carina or myself!

One day he and I, along with our new monkey friend, Abu, were stealing some bread. The merchant saw us and called for the guards!

"That's the signal to get out of here!" I said.

Aladdin and I turned and ran. We climbed onto a roof top. We skidded to a stop and looked over the edge. There were many canopies.

Little did we know that months later I would have a similar expirience, only at night!