Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Essence by MysticMeg
[Reviews - 16] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +
Disclaimer: This “fanfiction” is based on İDisney’s “Aladdin”. I, in no way, own their original Disney characters. I.E. Aladdin, Jasmine, the Sultan, Genie, Mozenrath, etc. I am making absolutely no profit from this “fanfiction”, except for pride from reviews from non-paying readers.



Essence




By: Megan Hoffer




A lone silhouette walked out onto a large dark balcony, and sighed heavily. He looked out into the starless skies, and his face soon became completely covered in shadow. A groan escaped his lips, and then another fierce sigh. He turned back in towards the balcony entrance. “Xerxes, hurry up!”
The slug came flying out of the entrance and swam up to his master. He carefully balanced a pure silver tray on his head. A goblet wobbled on top, and a dark liquid dripped down the sides. Xerxes tried to not let to much escape, and kept his gaze ahead. Finally, he made it to his unhelpful master’s side. Mozenrath took the goblet hastily and started gulping it up. The little light that escaped from the room onto the balcony streaked his face. He was pale, even more than usual, but there were dark circles under his tired eyes. His lips barely stood any difference compared to the rest of his face. He seemed to be almost wasting away, almost as if he was already dead.
After he finished the drink, he threw the goblet down on the ground and grabbed at his head. His gauntlet started glowing a deep blue as it clung to his pasty forehead. He fell to his knees, the light illuminating his pain. “Ugh,” he moaned, and the pain seemed to be getting worse.
Xerxes watched in frightened amazement, and the silver tray fell to the ground with a huge clatter. It didn’t seem to affect Mozenrath, who still wriggled on the floor. Suddenly, everything went still. Mozenrath stayed in a little ball on the ground, bathed in the candle light of the nearby room. He breathed in and out heavily for a few seconds, his face still covered by the gauntlet.
Xerxes swam around a few times until he stopped near Mozenrath’s covered face. “Master…alright?”
Mozenrath took one more large breath in and then looked up at the slug. Tears stained his face, but it still took on a hardened tone. “Do I look alright?” he growled between his teeth.
Xerxes tried to get away, but Mozenrath reached up and grabbed him around the “neck”. Xerxes began choking, but that only made Mozenrath hold harder. “I asked you a question.”
Xerxes looked around, and then tried to smile. “Master look fine,” he replied, but it sounded almost like a question. He was hoping that his answer would at least loosen his master’s grip on his windpipe.
Mozenrath looked at him for a few moments. A hint of amusement flickered in his eyes before it faded into the darkness. He let his familiar go and turned once again into the darkness. Xerxes looked at him while catching his breath, and then turned and flew quickly back into the castle.
Mozenrath pretended not to notice, he just leaned against the railing and looked out over his destroyed city. A few undead mamlucks trampled their way through the streets, but other than that the city was empty.
Just like everything else, Mozenrath thought to himself. This city is just as empty as my own palace, my own thoughts and my own body. He turned around and kicked the tray Xerxes had left hard up against the railing and it cracked in two. He grabbed his forehead and silently cursed himself for the extraneous movement. This isn’t fair! I shouldn’t have to limit myself to such little activity! He looked down at his gauntlet and grimaced. You were supposed to bring me unlimited power; you were supposed to make sure that I took the world by storm without any problems. I gave my flesh for you, I gave my life for you! And, now, you quit on me? It’s just not fair.
“Wasn’t there some guarantee?!” Mozenrath yelled into the sky. “Wasn’t there supposed to be something that said that I would have the power until the day I was killed?” He sat down on the balcony and rested his arm on his knee, and examined the gauntlet.
There was absolutely nothing wrong with it. It looked just like it did when he had first obtained it, and hadn’t gotten even one smudge after all he’d put it through. How could I have thought that something so destructive was so remarkable? How could I not have seen right through it and realized the price I was giving for it. He sighed heavily. Now I’m going to die with even less then I had before I obtained it. He didn’t move for a few moments. There has to be a way to get more time, some way that I haven’t thought of before. There has to be something… something I haven’t seen before. There has to be a way to *take* what I need! He snapped his fingers and looked up to the balcony entrance.
“There is a way!” He stood up and flew through the entrance and right through his room. He threw the door open and stormed out. “I know how to take the power I need, I know when to take the power I need, and I know *who* from to take the power I need.” After a short villainous laugh, he disappeared down the corridor and into his own personal library.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Aladdin…Aladdin…”
Aladdin could hear a soft voice calling his name. His dreams began to blur together, and soon they faded into darkness altogether. He opened his eyes and blinked a few times as his vision cleared. Then, Jasmine’s face came into full view. She smiled at him, and kissed him on the forehead. “Good morning,” she whispered.
Aladdin sighed, and stretched as Jasmine slid out of bed. He turned to his side and watched as she walked over to the balcony entrance and opened the curtains.
“I don’t see the sun,” Aladdin said as he laid his head back down on his pillow.
Jasmine looked out, “So?”
“It’s too early,” Aladdin responded as he pulled the covers back up on his chest.
“It’s going to storm.”
“No way, it never storms here,” Aladdin replied as he looked back outside. Just as soon as he had finished his sentence a huge crack of thunder began to ring across the sky. Jasmine jumped, startled, and grabbed her robe from a hook on her vanity. She crawled back over on the bed and laid her head on Aladdin’s bare chest.
“It’s rare for it to storm here in Agrabah, but it does happen,” she said. Another large boom of thunder sounded out, and Aladdin brought Jasmine closer.
“You’re not scared are you?” Aladdin asked in a taunting voice.
Jasmine shook her head, “No, of course not. It just startled me.”
Aladdin laughed, and a strike of lightening lit up the sky. Rain began to pelt the balcony with a soft rhythm that made Aladdin even more tired. He looked over at Jasmine who was looking out at the storm. She turned and looked back at him, “We don’t have anything to do today.”
“I hope you’re not saying that’s a bad thing,” Aladdin responded.
“Of course not, I was hoping to spend the whole day at some oasis, but that looks like it’s not going to happen.”
“One day. We get one day to ourselves, and it rains,” Aladdin sighed. He began to sit up, and Jasmine sat up and put her arms around her knees.
“Well, it wasn’t so bad when it rained that day after the wedding,” she said flirtatiously.
That’s because we never wanted to go outside, Aladdin thought. “That’s true. We could always just “re-create” that night.”
Jasmine rolled her eyes, “We’ll find our way.” She made her way to her wardrobe, and pulled out a dark purple harem outfit. She turned to Aladdin, who nodded his approval, and she laughed. She went behind her own dressing screen and slipped off her dark teal silk and lace lingerie piece and pulled on her outfit. She pulled the bands out of her hair and then came back out into the room. Aladdin had finally opened his wardrobe and was searching through his numerous outfits.
Jasmine couldn’t help but smile. He looks so *good* in just his harem pants. She walked over and began to help him, finally settling on a dark black and cream colored pant and vest set. “There you go.”
Aladdin laughed a bit and then turned back into his own dressing screen. Jasmine turned and began working on her image in the vanity mirror. She finished “primping” when Aladdin came back out. She saw him in the mirror and turned around. “Thought of what you wanted to do today?”
“Hmm… yeah,” he whispered as he took her chin in his fingers and kissed her passionately.
Jasmine pulled away gently, “Yeah, this will do,” she replied and the wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him again. It needs to rain more often here in Agrabah, she thought as Aladdin led her to a fainting couch that rested underneath a jungle of flowers and plants. Another clap of thunder made Jasmine hold tighter to Aladdin, and another strike of lightening lit up their passion for split seconds at a time, making the time even more exciting.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mozenrath watched him. He envied him. He hated him. That street-rat has gotten everything. He has his palace, his city, his carpet, his genie, his wife. And he never had to work for any of it! It’s not fair! He smashed a glass jewel that was in crested in his throne. The jewel’s dark green shards stuck into his bare hand, and soon his warm red blood began to surround the cuts. Might as well blame this on him also, he thought. He wiped some of the blood off on his robes, and stood up. The image of Aladdin and Jasmine disappeared as he walked out of the room.
As he stormed down the corridor, mamlucks disappeared under the stone floor when they hinted their master’s anger. Mozenrath paid no mind to them, and he went on his way through his dark and majestic palace. When he reached his study he slammed the door behind him and threw himself at the dark wooden desk in the middle of the room. There were already numerous books sprawled all over the desk. They were all old. There was a smell of dust and mold in the air whenever Mozenrath flung on open. The dust made him cough, but it did not deter him from his mission.
He would flip through a few pages, and when he found the book did not hold what he needed, he would throw it across the room at a nearby statue and painting of his previous “mentor” Destane. Pieces of the statue began to fall to the ground from the constant beating and the books underneath were covered the with the plaster dust.
Mozenrath beat his fists in aggravation. His gauntlet began to glow, and Mozenrath gasped. He leaned back in his chair and began to breath in and out carefully. Soon the blue glow subsided and Mozenrath sighed a breath of relief. There was a slight throbbing in his head, but he quickly pushed it aside and went back to his mission.
“There has to be something!” he yelled out into the empty room. “I know there’s a way to do it, I just can’t find the right directions.” He pulled out an old book from under the stack. The cover was worn and made of a dark crimson velvet. He stroked it, and laughed. “There you are.” He opened it and another cloud of dust came flying up. Mozenrath waved it around and then continued to read the strange language.
Xerxes came flying in and began reading over his master’s hunched shoulder. He looked from his master to the book, confused. “Xerxes need to learn to read,” he whined and then went to the other side and looked at a few pictures in the other books. Mozenrath sighed and then sat up quickly, slamming the book shut. Xerxes jumped and looked around at what was going on.
“I’ve got it!” Mozenrath said with delight. “Now, we just have to get everything prepared.” He walked quickly out of the room and out of the room. Xerxes looked down at the books once more, and then flew out after him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Something’s not right,” Aladdin said suddenly. Jasmine looked up at him, confused.
“What are you talking about?”
Aladdin shook his head, “I just get the feeling that we’re not alone in here.”
Jasmine looked around, and then back up to her husband like he was crazy. “There’s no one in here Aladdin.”
They had just left breakfast and were now trying to find a room they could be alone in. The maids had taken their bedroom over and were cleaning and scrubbing everything for “various reasons”. The rain still beat against the palace and the thunder had grown louder. The lightening still struck everywhere, signifying that the storm was far from over.
Aladdin walked a further into the room, and Jasmine came up behind him. “Aladdin, don’t you think that you’re over-reacting? There’s no-”
“Shh,” Aladdin whispered as he made his way over to the curtains that hung on the balcony of the elaborate sitting room. He tried to not make a sound as he wrapped his hands around the edge of the bright blue curtain. He took a big breath and then pulled the curtain open with force, and took on an attack position.
“Ahh!” Genie let out an immature scream. He was dressed in a shower cap and towel, and his eyes were filled with humorous terror.
Aladdin backed away in shock and fell over a potted plant that was behind him. Jasmine gasped in shock and then she put her hand on her chest to feel how hard her heart was beating.
“Genie, what are you doing in here!” Aladdin asked as he regained his composure. Genie transformed into his normal self and laughed nervously.
“Well monkey-boy, rug-man, and…me… were all playing hide and seek.”
Aladdin stared at him in disbelief. “You were playing what? Where’s Abu?”
Genie looked around the room, “He’s it. He’s looking for me.”
“Around the whole palace?!” Jasmine asked, a hint of humor. “That poor guy, he’ll be searching for hours.”
“Well, we started playing this game yesterday,” Genie said quietly. Aladdin looked over at Jasmine with a *keep me sane* look, and she came over and took his arm.
“Oh Aladdin, they’re just keeping themselves busy,” she defended. “Now, Genie, where’s Carpet?”
Genie looked around again with his hand flat against his eyebrows. “No idea. A rug can hide anywhere in here.”
Just then, Aladdin and Jasmine lost their footing and they went tumbling downwards. They had been standing on Carpet, who took flight and they hovered on him in front of Genie.
“Found him,” Aladdin growled.
Jasmine laughed, “There you are. I’m glad you found something to do with your free time.”
Carpet allowed them off. Jasmine brushed Aladdin’s hair with her hands, and smiled. “Let them play. If they are keeping themselves busy, then…”
“Yeah,” Genie cut in, “You should learn to have a little fun Al.”
The bedroom was fun, Aladdin thought, and a smile crept over his face. Jasmine turned around and Abu came strolling in. He held a banana in his hand and smiled when he saw the group. He ran and climbed onto Aladdin’s shoulder.
Aladdin laughed, “There you are.”
“You’re it,” Abu screeched in his hardly understandable language.
“Well, we’ll leave you to your game,” Jasmine said as she took Abu and placed him on the floor, and took Aladdin’s arm. She tried to go unnoticed as she took him out of the room.
“Wait, don’t you guys want to play?” Genie asked, who was now in a camouflage suit.
Aladdin and Jasmine looked at each other, “No, Genie,” Aladdin started, “We have our own game.”
Jasmine giggled and led him out of the room. She put her arms around Aladdin’s neck and kissed him. “I know what we can do,” she whispered.
“Sounds good to me,” Aladdin said as he began dragging her down the hallway. Jasmine pulled away from him.
“You don’t even know what I was going to say.”
Aladdin sighed, “I don’t?”
“Nope, just follow me,” Jasmine said as she started down the hallway.
The bedroom is that way, Aladdin thought, but followed her anyway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Magnolia root,” Mozenrath ordered as he put his hand out.
“Magnolia root,” Xerxes repeated as he pulled out a long and dark brown root from the box that was sitting in front of him. He handed it to his master with his tail and watched as he dipped it carefully into the concoction that he had in front of him.
Mozenrath swirled the root around for a few second and examined the elixir he was making. It bubbled, even though there was no heat. There were sparks within it’s dark red liquid. Mozenrath was proud. Now the street rat will learn what it’s really like to pay.
He poured some of the liquid into a vial and put it into his pouch. He rubbed his forehead and mumbled a curse under his breath. He stood silent for a few seconds, and Xerxes knew what was happening.
Then Mozenrath straightened and strode out of the room as if nothing had happened at all. Xerxes shook his head and flew out of the dark room after his master.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jasmine had Aladdin by his hand and she led him gently out into the garden doors. Aladdin stopped and stared at the rain that was pouring out into the sand, turning it into a mud-like mixture. The fountain was overflowing, and the water was slowly creeping towards his feet. He looked over at Jasmine, just to find her staring out to the gardens in amazement. She turned towards Aladdin, “Let’s go.”
“Let’s go where?” Aladdin asked as he looked around.
“Swimming,” she replied as she headed out in the rain.
“Are you crazy?!” Aladdin said exasperated with a small laugh.
Jasmine nodded, “Please.”
Aladdin shook his head, “You want to go out there, in water, underneath a fountain that has a *metal* waterspout in it?”
Jasmine thought for a moment, and then looked at him with a mischievous smile. She dashed out of the door and towards the fountain, jumping in. She came up and threw her heavy dark hair out of her eyes. She looked back towards the door, but to her surprise Aladdin wasn’t there. She looked around, confused. Suddenly a pair of strong hands came up around her waist and pulled her back down under the water. Jasmine inhaled water as she was pulled under and it made her head burn. Things went black and then back to blue. She struggled up to the surface and gasped when she made it. She tried to hold herself up the on the side, but the current of water that was overflowing made her slip and she tumbled out. She was lying on her back trying to catch her breath as the rain pelted her.
Aladdin watched as Jasmine tumbled out into the running water, and he lost his breath. She’s not moving. He jumped out over the railing of the fountain and fell and slid to where Jasmine was lying. He looked into her eyes and a look of comfort came over them. “Jasmine, are you alright?”
Jasmine’s eyes lost their glazed look and she directed her stare to him. She began coughing, and she sat up in his lap. “That was cheating,” she managed between her deep breaths.
“I’m sorry,” Aladdin said with his boyish charm.
Jasmine nodded, and stood up, just to fall down again. Aladdin caught her and stood her back on her feet. She kissed him on the cheek and allowed him to lead her back into the palace. A bolt of lightening came down and hit the fountain head straight on, leaving it crumbling and smoking in the middle of the garden.
Jasmine jumped and then looked up to Aladdin. “Not.One.Word,” she almost growled and they both disappeared back into the palace.
Aladdin came into their room, holding two towels. He wrapped one around Jasmine who had changed back into another harem outfit, only this time with long sleeves. Aladdin then took his new outfit behind the dressing screen and changed. He came back out and placed his old and wet outfit on top of Jasmine’s in the wash basin, and he had the towel in his hands trying to dry his hair.
Jasmine went over to the balcony “cage” door and looked out. Aladdin came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist. “I don’t like rain,” he sighed.
Jasmine nodded in agreement, but didn’t say anything. Aladdin looked at her, “What’s the matter?”
Jasmine shook her head, “Nothing. I’m just tired,” she whispered. Aladdin rubbed his chin across her head, and she laughed a bit.
In the back of the room there was a small glimmer of blue and black light. A small gold tray with two gold goblets appeared on the small table next to the entrance of the room. Inside one was a clear blue liquid, and in the other a dark red liquid.
Aladdin turned back towards the door, “I have to talk with your father today.”
Jasmine followed him, “About what?”
“I don’t know. I think it’s about an alliance with a neighboring city,” he sighed. “I don’t want to go.”
Jasmine shook her head, “It won’t take long. Plus, it’s-”
“Something I have to do?” he finished for her.
Jasmine nodded, “Exactly. But don’t worry, I’ll be right here when you get back.”
“Better be,” Aladdin responded. Then he saw the tray that appeared on the table next to the door. “Hey. Where’d this come from?” he said as he inspected it.
Jasmine shook her head, “The maids must have brought it in earlier.” She took one of the goblets and began to drink. The light blue liquid was delightful and she started to drink faster.
Aladdin seemed uncertain, “Are you sure?”
“They do it a lot Aladdin. They just left it here when they realized that we weren’t here.”
Aladdin nodded, “Alright.” He drank the dark red liquid and grimaced. “What is this?”
Jasmine took a sip, and crinkled her nose. “I don’t know,” she said as she put the goblet back down.
“Tell them not to bring it again,” Aladdin laughed. Jasmine nodded her agreement. “Well, I got to go. I’ll be back shortly.”
Jasmine kissed him on the cheek, “Good luck.”
“Thanks,” he said and he ran out of the door and down the hallway.
Jasmine watched as he disappeared and then she shut the door. A dull pain started in her head as she made her way to the bed. Don’t tell me that I am going through withdrawal from Aladdin, she joked to herself. She crawled underneath the covers, and listened to the rain. It wasn’t long before the silk sheets seemed to cradle her and she began drifting off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“How perfect!” Mozenrath exclaimed from inside his citadel. He looked over at the confused familiar at his side. “They both drank from it Xerxes! Now be it, she didn’t get quite as much, but that’s still something I wasn’t expecting.”
Xerxes swam around in circles, and became just as excited as his master.
Mozenrath smiled evilly, “Now we sit back and watch the fun begin.”