Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
A Guiding Star by Michelle Bowen
[Reviews - 0] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +
Author's Notes:
Just a note, this is Arabic for I love you: Ahebbek

A Guiding Star


By Michelle Bowen



Prologue:



Fazaal paced back and forth impatiently as the midwifes tried to reassure him, "She is doing just fine but you need to calm down" they told him over and over again. This wasn't the first time Crystal had delivered a baby infact this would be their third child. They had two beautiful daughters; Kadira and Sapphire were twins, and both the apple of their parent's eyes. Right now though they were with their grandparents who were trying haplessly to keep the children entertained. A sharp scream filled the air and suddenly quieted, then the crystal clear cry of a new born child broke the air. "It's a girl" a midwife came out to congratulate him, "Daughter and mother are doing wonderfully" she added. "It will be one moment we must clean your wife up" she explained as she ducked back in the room. Fazaal was beaming, a girl another daughter, what did she look like, did her eyes shine like her mother's? Finally he was ushered into the room and saw Crystal lying wearily on the bed smiling down at a small bundle in her arms. "She reminds me of Yesenia" Crystal said softly, a single tear of sorrow fell down her cheek. Fazaal wiped the tear away, "You know she is doing what she was ment to do right now and I know she misses you" he reassured her. He looked down at his new daughter and smiled gently at her, "Hello my sweet angel" he said softly. "Can we call her Yazlin?" Crystal asked him. Fazaal looked at her questioningly, "Is there something special about it?" he asked her curiously. "Just that Yesenia and I wanted to name a kitten we once found Yazlin" she explained. Fazaal examined his daughter carefully, her thick black hair and familiar large brown eyes gazed unsteadily at him. "It suits her" he told his wife, "Hello Yazlin" he said smiling at his daughter. The child began to cry softly as she told them she was hungry, "I need to feed her" Crystal smiled at him. "I'll go tell the others" he told her leaving his wife and new daughter. Great things were ment for her and for her sisters they all had something so special about them. But maybe he was being very partial he thought with a chuckle. He walked over to where Crystal's parent's lived just acrossed the street from them. Knocking lightly he heard a few people bolt to the door, as it opened he smiled. "It's a girl and her name is Yazlin" he said beaming proudly at Abdul and Aisha.



Explanations for Sixteen Years Later...........



 


Agrabah had changed so much in the time it took Yazlin to become a young woman. The people were much happier and well fed, there were fewer poor people on the streets. Infact the homeless were new people flooding in after hearing that Sultan Aladdin and Sultana Jasmine were fair rulers who helped out their citizens. Aladdin and Jasmine had been blessed to be parents of three wonderful children, Rakeen, Lunah, and Uliana. Rakeen was now twenty, and being trained as the future sultan of Agrabah. Lunah was being visited by suitors, but had no obligations to marry any of them. Uliana on the other hand was only thirteen, and had no worry of ruling Agrabah, or men coming to try and win her over. Crystal and Jasmine had remained friends and their children were close as well. Rakeen got along well with Yazlin and Kadira, and Joshua, but Lunah got along better with Sapphire. Uliana and Lazim got along as though they were sisters, each one of them had a special place in Agrabah's heart. For it was by their help that Aladdin and Jasmine got most of the things done, that no two people could do alone. Now for our tale, are you ready, hold on to the carpet because we are about to fly to another Arabian Night......................