Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Once a Family by Moni D
[Reviews - 0] Printer

- Text Size +
Once A Family 

By: Moni D.  

It’s a boy! Kassim said in a loving voices as he walked out of one room the little three roomed hut that his wife Hermia and parents shared.

What name shell be given to this young lad? Spoke the old man.

Father? Where did he come from, and is he here to stay? A little voice rang up from their oldest child Iris who at the time was 5, not like Timon who didn't stay I guess he never like us!

Kassim looked down that the second little boy he has held close to him and as a tears start to run “ Now what in ALLAH IS THE CHILD’S NAME!!?

Ummm... “how about Aladdin? It means one to be honored.” Hermia said sweetly coming for her child, “And you Iris it’s past your bedtime now come with me to sing you brother a lullaby.

“I bet he'll have a sprit like you Kassim, and as soon as he can walk he'll be a troublemaker just wait and see “, smiled Kassim’s elderly mother.

Now a few years go by and Kassim has to travel to the city of Majorca far in the mountains.

Aladdin!!! Iris!!! Come home your father is leaving soon!! Called their mother. “Mommy! Mommy! Look what I have found in the marketplace, a monkey can I keep him? I already picked out a name, “MOTHER! Please can we? We'll care for the monkey like a little brother, well another for me he he !” Iris called back running home. “Well, ask your father children, remember he is the head of this house not me I clean the house sewing and your clothes and make the meals that you eat etc. etc. etc. So ask your father now before he leaves.” Hermia said looking down at her children’s big gleaming eyes and the monkey walking on her son’s shoulders.

Ahh my beautiful Princess, you be a good girl and help your mother outand watch your brother, Hey little star, and the answer is yes but please make sure he doesn't get in your mothers’ way. So does this little fella have a name?

I found him near the palace where there look to be a lot a different animals ,but the rest were locked up expect for him and yes Abu, but he picked the lock himself and I was like wow and then he stole some apples for all of us, now where are you leaving for?

Majorca up in the mountain area ,but I promise that I'll bring you a present for you 12th birthday?

“No! ’m not that old just 8 soon to 9 in umm ... 3 months.” Aladdin said smiling still trying to figure if he was right or not.

Yes, 9 wow your an old man ha ha ha, so promise to care for the girls because your the head of the home when I'm gone.

The two children run to the edge of the city of Agrabah, to see their father off on another adventure little did they know it would be the last time they would ever see him.

“Hey, Hey you with the monkey get back here before I report you to the royal Sultan!! Or the royal vizier Jafar! Get back here you dirty street rat!!!!!!!!!

“Aha, you will never catch me! For I'm ....””Aladdin!! get back here mom really needs us right NOW!!” Iris screamed hopping her adventuring little brother hears.

“I think your the one who giving mom the stress that’s killing her” she said joking to Aladdin.

“You shouldn't joke like that, if only we had the money for the doctor.” He said looking sadly at the ground.

Hello Agrabah to Aladdin remember we're P-O-O-R poor! And that will never changes, hey who is that at home, come Aladdin hurry up! And grab Abu before he steals again.

Later at home again another visitor came, the landlord he demanded the pay for the last 3 months but they didn't have it for the last time, Iris told him the story of how their mother is sick and needs a shelter he agreed but on one condition that Iris will marry him, and go off to the village were he made is home she agreed, family was first in her heart.

A few days later after she left their mother died, leaving Aladdin now 14 to wonder the streets of Agrabah with is only friend and family Abu.