Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Dreams Annulled (Not Without a Price) by Starsaturn2
[Reviews - 3] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +
Title: Dreams Annulled (Not Without a Price)

Part: 2

Author: Starsaturn2

Rating: PG-13 to R

Genre: Violence, profanity, romance, drama, angst (well-rounded list, hm?)

----------

Disclaimer: I do not own Aladdin or any other characters in the series.

----------

Author's Note: This story is more centered on Mozenrath, if anybody. Comments and

Questions are welcomed at starsaturn2@sailorjupiter.com. Oh yeah, I made up my own backgrounds

for Mozenrath and Sadira. If you don't like, well then don't read the rest. It's my fanfiction and what *I* say

goes. ^_~

---------- 


Glowing a black light, so dark it didn’t seem to glow, his glove comforted him. For while he was in the Citadel, the place he so truthfully belonged, but the place he felt so incarcerated and so foreign in at the same time, there was no one to converse with. 


At least not on an intellectual rank. 


“Master sad?” Xerxes smiled, his body suspended in mid-air, as his large lips broadened into an apologetic grin. 


Mozenrath arched a perfect eyebrow, “Of course not, Xerxes. What ever gave you the idea?” 


The eel shook his head swiftly, “I don’t know. Master seem sad.” 


“No, I’m thinking.” He replied bluntly. 


Xerxes, used to his master’s impolite and blunt answers, slowly slithered out of sight. He knew all too well that the moods of his master could prove near fatal. As one time, he had gotten the Master angered so, that the glove flew off his hand and surrounded him in a life-threatening clasp, which rendered him unconscious and with half his tail bruised and bleeding his black blood. 


Mozenrath could feel his glove, desperate for hegemony. He had conquered, the Land of the Black Sand, which fed his glove the power it needed to keep itself, and him, satisfied. But now it craved, and it craved for something more, more than what he had, or more than what he had wanted. 


He could almost feel his hands shaking for power. It should be Agrabah. 


Agrabah, the land he had always wanted to control. Since the day his master so fatefully shown him the map of the Seven Deserts. And since Aladdin and Jasmine were now Sultan and Sultana he now didn’t have to worry about the former Sultan anymore, since he was so old he could hardly get up from bed. And Agrabah was so prosperous, it could easily become his first. Then, he would conquer the other kingdoms. But first Agrabah. It had the best defense around anyway. So once he had Agrabah, he had everything. 


Yes, it would be Agrabah. 


---------- 


Sadira combed the remote alleyways and streets of Agrabah, at night. Her way being illuminated by the amulet acting as a red light to guide her way. The cool breeze of the desert night blew across her skin, the wind gently lifting her hair, and placidly letting it fall. The light verdant of her sheer fabric ruffled across the underlying silk cloth. Frustrated, she was near the end of her search when she heard diminutive, nervous, frantic young voices down the dilapidated alleyway. She smiled, with the satisfaction that she had finally found the children. She rounded a corner, which was a dead end brick wall, but behind some rusted old crates, two heads were poking out. She got on her knees, not caring to look a little dirty. She had looked worse. She snuck up just in front of the crate. 


“Stand up, you! Right there!” she said with mock authority. 


The kids literally speechless with horror looked up and dropped their half-loaves of bread simultaneously. Their eyes were as wide as the dinner saucers used in the palace. But as soon as they saw Sadira, they smothered her, tackling her with hugs and kisses.


“Alright, alright.” She laughed heartily, the amulet glowed bright ruby, illuminating their faces. 


“What’s that...?” the timid blond girl asked pointing to her silvered necklace. 


She bit her lip, lying carefully, she answered, “It’s a grown-up toy.” 


The blond girl nodded, “What’s your name?” 


The dark-haired woman smiled, “It’s Sadira. What’s yours?” 


The youngest boy who had dark hair and a round-shaped face with dark eyes looked up at her, “Mine’s Danereth. You’re pretty.” 


The blond girl smiled wanly, “Aveina.” 


Sadira nodded, smiling at the youngest boy, bending down to kiss him on the forehead, “Thank you.” 


The eldest boy held back with the same dark hair and eyes and the youngest boy, he was very quiet. And was watching the whole ordeal through hardened, practical eyes. Sadira’s heart ached, for she too, had carried that same look at his age. 


Turning her eyes from his and to the younger children’s she laughed, “Let’s go.” 


The kids followed her as the eldest walked with her side-by-side, matching her stride equally. 


They had only walked a few alleyways and blocks when she saw a young man in Royal clothing coming toward her. Aladdin. A dozen cover-ups raced through her mind, as she looked at the ragged, destitute children. 


He smiled, as she walked by, her gaze fixed ahead. 


“Sadira!” he called after her. 


She stopped, not turning around as the children turned to look at the Sultan. 


“Sadira,” he muttered, “Can I speak to you in private?” 


“Don’t you have a social standing to uphold?” she snarled, nastily. 


The children watched with awe and wonder. Knowing she was an influence, she went around a near-by corner, as Aladdin followed suit. 


“Talk and make it fast.” She pressed, indifferently. 


“Sadira! What’s gotten into you? Ever since you left Agrabah and vandalized that poor kingdom-,” he was cut off forcefully as a dark hand smacked him vehemently across his light face. 


“I did NOT vandalize that poor kingdom, Aladdin.” She gritted her teeth, straining against all her might to ignore the quickening vibrations of her amulet. She knew its deadly and magical powers all too well. They had gotten her the lavish attention of nearly every royal member in near-by kingdoms. 


He looked at her mildly shocked, “You’ve really changed...” he muttered, bringing his face to his hands. And for one moment time suspended, and she wished more than anything she could take what she did back. The hurt in his face nearly reflected her suppressed own. He was the only person she had ever felt to have a special connection to. Maybe because of their hard and torturous lives? Maybe because of their similar upbringings? Maybe it was all just a coincidence... 


She brought her hands to her amulet, the passion of the situation intensifying. “I didn’t change Aladdin,” her voice was smaller and weaker now, “I...don’t know what happened. I...”she turned and began walking fast-paced to leave. But his hand on her wrist, stopped her abruptly. 


“You can talk to me. As new Sultan, I want to care about the people of this town.” His stated sincerely. 


Her eyes widened, as she felt so angered and insulted she was shocked. He was grouping her like he would some unknown commoner, peasant, or the poor in the street! It was almost if he was talking to an unknown stranger and not a friend! 


He saw the bright spark in her eyes, as she wringed out of his grasp. “I do not NEED your charity or anyone else’s!” she shot out. 


Aladdin stopped, “I’m not pitying you!” 


She stopped abruptly and looked over her shoulder, “Then stop acting like it! Stop acting like I really was and am a thief! I’m not! I did this with my bare hands!” she stopped, for she wished to add, what is more than I can say for you! All you had to do was marry and your authority and power was practically given to you as dowry! All you had to do was be in the right place at the right time! While I had to give up my morals, just so I could eat a decent meal at one point! 


“Sadira, we were thieves at one point. And that’s where our connection lies. I know whatever I said might have offended you, but it was all with good intent. You are one of the only people I’ve felt a special understanding and connection with because we are both the same-,” he was interrupted again. 


“Except,” she turned around fully and her eyes nearly shocked him. For a moment, their vulnerable minds exposed each other and their anxieties and hurt were exchanged between two knowing minds frightened to share them with anyone but their subconscious. They swam in each other’s needs, felt each other’s grief, and tasted each other’s worries and fears. 


She stood, her skin, now seeming to hold an ethereal glow, her eyes filled, stripped and replaced by hurt and hardened pain only street-rats and riff-raff could ever know. “Except,” she smirked sadly, mocking her own self, “you have a good heart...” 


*** 


He tossed and turned passionately until dawn, haunted by her unearthly _expression. 


“Except, you have a good heart.” 


What did that mean? He had a good heart. He knew it. And he felt good in her heart too. It was one of the many securities that had begun their intermittent friendship. Until she finally ended trying to capture the Love in his heart that belong to Jasmine. She had given up. And by the look in her eyes last night, she seemed to have given up, on Life. He savored the moment when their minds connected again, and for the second time in his life, with her he felt that vibrant bond of stamina and tears, and sweat of hard work, that most times were not appreciated or condoned by society. 


Now he was at morning meal, energy zapped and fatigued beyond belief. Throughout the night he had gotten a few hours of broken sleep. Thinking about a special friend. Worried, and haunted by her _expression and the glow she had. It came from that gem or whatever she had. And he sensed it was black magic. But if it was to cause trouble, the time would come up. Eventually. 


“Aladdin!” Jasmine chided gently, “What are you dreaming about?” 


He shook his head, as if to shake away his thoughts, “I didn’t sleep well last night.” 


She nodded knowingly, “Well, supposing you just ran off after dinner, with barely a word. Who could sleep under those conditions?” 


He laughed, weakly, “Yeah...” 


“Aladdin, you can’t be tired. We have that Grand Dinner with other royalty tonight.” She patted him on his hand, coaxingly. 


“I want to invite someone...” he nodded at her, with the same comfortable easy air she had him. 


Her face drew quiet and restless with a hint of scorn, “Sadira...?” 


He nodded, and abruptly stood, “I shall go check out the common folk today.” 


She nodded artificially sugary, “And why don’t you take Genie and Iago along with you?” 


His _expression seemed almost pained, but he nodded, “Sure.” 


*** 


Aladdin weaved his way around the bustling crowd, looking for that familiar dark-skinned face with the aqua-marine eyes. Genie and Iago struggled to catch up with him, for he was bordering on running. He saw Sadira walking along the street with the three children he saw yesterday, or so he guessed. These children now looked like they had a decent meal, a good night’s sleep, and very costly garments on. The blond-haired girl with blue eyes, now had her hair combed in one long pony-tail and dressed in an adorable sheer and cloth outfit. The youngest was dressed in common royal crème-and-yellow pantsuit. And the eldest was dressed the same as the boy, but with a butterscotch sash around his middle. 


They all looked like royalty. 


“Aladdin, aren’t you going to say greeting to that man-stealing woman?” he said, in a narrator’s voice, casting a glance to her, “Last time I saw her, she...didn’t exactly dress and look like that.” 


Iago laughed, “Those rumors are true! There is no way someone could slide so easily into a royal rank in that little of time!” 


Aladdin cast a deadly look of provocation at Iago, “Stop it, Iago.” 


Iago cringed, “That’s the first time I heard you backing up for her! She tried to pry you from Jasmine! She’s a deceiver-,” 


Aladdin looked Iago hard in the eye, “Stop, Iago...!” 


Iago quieted, marginally chastised, why did he feel the need to protect her now? Now that she could finally take care of herself and be out of their way, he wanted to protect her. Iago had almost sensed Aladdin felt an indifference to her in the past, but now even he could feel a tab of correlation. 


*** 


Sadira stopped at a stand that sold exotic chocolates and sugars. A man was standing there, grinning lustfully at her. 


She watched as the children crowded around her, their mouth watering. She laughed, “Danereth, Aveina, and Izedin, pick out something you’d like.” 


She saw them, glancing at the big display of chocolates, as specific on-lookers gawked at her and what seemed to be, her children’s opulence. They seemed of royalty. 


She felt a tap on her shoulder and turned around, “Hey...” 


She saw Aladdin with slight bags under his eyes, which were drooping, and the wearied smile on his face, “Hi, Sadira.” 


He watched as Sadira brought her hands to her amulet, “I wanted to talk to you...” 


She rolled her shoulders, trying to get comfortable as on-lookers passed by, eyeing the two. “Why don’t we talk some other time? Like tomorrow or something?” 


His face was set, determined, “No, it can’t. It can’t even wait until tonight.” 


Nodding slowly, she looked at him, “I’m listening...” 


He pulled an intricate envelope from his turban, “Here, take this. And please, attend.”


She nodded toward the three children, already chewing on their sweets, “I’ll try...” she finished dryly. 


*** 


“Aladdin!” Jasmine chased him, in the palace, but he was no where to be found. 


A dark-haired servant appeared in front of her, “He’s in the throne room, Sultaness...” 


Jasmine nodded briefly, weaving past the two talking servants. She would have customarily chided them for talking when they were supposed to be preparing for the dinner that evening. But she could not linger. She had to talk to Aladdin. Now. 


She waltzed into the throne room where Aladdin was directing a group of men decorating for the festival. 


“Aladdin!” she gasped grabbing unto his shoulder, breathing heavily. 


He nodded, “Jasmine, what is the matter?” 


She snarled and removed her hand, “The town is talking! About Sadira! And you! And you both! And...!” she brought her hands to her forehead, shaking her head, and looked up at him with hurt-filled eyes. 


His heart twisted around three times and almost shredded itself at her hurt eyes, he gulped, “I’m sorry...but I had to talk to her, Sadira...I had to.” He stuttered. 


“You had to what?” she pleaded, “ruin our reputation...?” 


He touched her cheek lovingly, "Jasmine, don't be silly... 


She nodded, her eyes watering. "OH Aladdin... 


Just then, a guard cleared his throat uncomfortably, "There's a woman at the front of the palace, wishing to see you Sultan." 


He squinted his eyes, uncertainly and defensively, "Who is she?" 


He bowed, "Sadira&what should I tell her?" 


Jasmine's jaw dropped and she gawked up at Aladdin, "You gave her permission to feel free to prance around our palace?! But we have heads of other kingdoms arriving! What will they think, Aladdin? That's it, I'll go get-" 


Aladdin held up his hand, "I'll take care to this." 


She ignored him, and began walking to the main hall, where Aladdin joined her in stoic silence. Alas, Sadira's dark-haired scantily-clad body came to view. And Aladdin could not help but to smile in greeting. Jasmine looked at Sadira defensively, as they came to a stop in front of her. 


"Sadira, how nice it is&to see you." He nodded politely. 


Jasmine eyed her and nodded along with him, "Yes, how nice?" 


Sadira shrugged off her obviously satirical comment, and switched her eyes to Aladdin's, "I came to, give you... 


She grew very well aware at Jasmine's persistent glaring and the dropping of her jaw. She leaned forward and whispered, "I can't talk to you&right now. I'll have to tell you some other time." 


Jasmine yawned, "Very well, but when you arrive again do be quick. For we do have company." 


Sadira nodded pleasantly, hiding the nasty comments from Jasmine well, "I'll be leaving." 


Aladdin knew of Jasmine's jealously and slyfulness and now it was causing Sadira to leave. And for some reason, he felt the urge to talk to her , converse with her. He wanted to know what she meant, and if she got the chance, maybe she would tell him. 


She began walking away when he latched unto her wrist, bringing her back, "I&Sadira... 


Jasmine gawked at the display, her eyes watering, and rushed quickly down the hall from the oblivious couple. 


Sadira looked at him, hard, "I can't attend... 


He took a step back, "What?" 


She nodded, giving the silk-bordered envelope back, "I won't be able to attend, because... 


He put a finger to her lips, "If it's about Jasmine, I'll handle her. She'll act more mannerable in public, Sadira I invited you, the least you could do is attend." 


Silenced, she took a step back, "I... 


He took her hand, and pressed the envelope into it, "Please... 


She closed her eyes, relishing the power she felt, he was subconsciously emitting. Her gems glowed briefly and a warm sensation flew through her bloodstream. She opened her eyelids, "Then of course, I will."