Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Dreams Of Destruction by MysticMeg
[Reviews - 5] Printer

- Text Size +
DREAMS OF DESTRUCTION
by: MysticMeg

“Aladdin, help,” a voice rang out through the darkness. Aladdin jumped to life, and looked around.
“Jasmine, Jasmine where are you?” Aladdin called out, trying to let his eyes adjust to the darkness. He jumped out of the bed, and stumbled around, trying to hear Jasmine call out to him again.
“Aladdin, please, help me!” Jasmine pleaded again. Aladdin blinked, and suddenly he was in the Land of the Black Sand. He saw Jasmine at the top of the massive kingdom, and she called out to him again. He ran to her, but stopped suddenly. Jasmine fell from the top of the citadel, and down to the ground. Aladdin finally came to his senses, and ran to the spot where Jasmine had fallen.
He looked down at Jasmine’s lifeless body that was lying on the dark sand. Tears started to brim his eyes and his fists clamped tightly. He knelt down, and took Jasmine into his arms. “Jasmine, how could I-,” he couldn’t finish his sentence. “This is my entire fault.”
Suddenly, Aladdin jerked his head back up to where Jasmine had been standing. He gasped. Sadira stood in her place, smiling down on them menacingly. “SADIRA, WHAT DID YOU DO?” Aladdin called up to her.
Sadira let out a short dry laugh, “Oh Aladdin, she was the only thing standing in our way; now that she’s gone… you’ll be forever mine!” Sadira waved her hand, and Aladdin found himself standing near an altar. He looked down at himself, and noticed he was wearing his wedding attire. He looked next to him, and gasped. Jasmine stood in her wedding dress, but a long veil covered her face.
Aladdin didn’t know why, but he was compelled to kiss her. He slowly lifted the veil, and backed away. Fear steeled over his eyes, and he cried out. Sadira stood in Jasmine’s place, in her whole wedding attire.
“Why Aladdin,” she started, “I had no idea that you felt this way about me!”
Aladdin backed up, “NO! I love Jasmine, where is she, how could I have lost her?”
Sadira kept following him, “Jasmine’s gone. You realized your love for me. Stop trying to fight it, we’re meant to be together.”
“No, we’re not. Sadira, I don’t love you, I love Jasmine,” Aladdin returned, backing up even farther. The next thing he knew, he was falling off a cliff. He screamed, as he looked up at Sadira who stood up there looking content.
“Don’t worry Aladdin, one day you’ll realize how you feel about me. Someday soon, I promise!” Sadira called to him.
Aladdin just yelled out again, and suddenly he was about ready to hit the water down below. He cringed, when he felt the cold water swallow him. “Jasmine… Jasmine...”

*~*~*~*

“JASMINE,” Aladdin called out. He sat up quickly, and looked around. His forehead was dripping with a cold sweat, and he was shivering terribly. He realized that he was back in his and Jasmine’s palace bedroom, and he sighed.
“Aladdin, what’s wrong?” Jasmine asked in a panic as she woke up next to him. She grabbed his arm, and swept his soaked hair off of his forehead. “I’m right here, what’s the matter?”
Aladdin looked over into Jasmine’s panicked eyes, and grabbed her hand. “It was just a dream, oh thank Allah, it was just a dream.” He pulled Jasmine close to him, and she looked up at him.
“Aladdin, you’re scaring me,” Jasmine finally said after a few moments of silence between them. “What happened?”
Aladdin kept replaying the dream in his mind over and over again, and couldn’t get the horrible image of Jasmine lying lifeless on the ground. He decided that he didn’t want to worry Jasmine with the nightmare. “Nothing, it was just a nightmare, I don’t even hardly remember any of it.” Aladdin answered, lying back down on the bed.
Jasmine looked back at him. “It has to be because of that royal banquet father has put us in charge of. I told him it was too much, I’ll just have to tell him that someone else-,” Jasmine started.
“No, Jasmine, it’s not that. It was just a simple nightmare, nothing to get worked up about. Your father trusts me that we can put this banquet plans together, and make it perfect. I don’t want to have to make him loose confidence in us.” Aladdin returned, and he looked out towards the balcony.
“It’s nearly time for us to be up anyway,” Jasmine read his mind. She climbed out of bed, and pulled on a shear for warmth. The sun still hadn’t completely risen, and there was still a chill in the air.
Aladdin followed her example, and went to his wardrobe. His legs felt like jelly because of his previous scare. He pulled out a pair of blue rimmed harem pants, and a long heavy open chest jacket that matched. He went behind one of the dressing screens, and slipped both of them on. When he came out, Jasmine had already dressed in a cream colored harem outfit, and was putting the bands in her hair. She looked up at him in her mirror, and turned around.
“Aladdin, father can find someone else to run this banquet, we don’t have to-“
“No Jasmine,” Aladdin cut her off, “I can handle this. It’s no big deal; it’s only a party that has to be just right for all the big, important, rich people of the land.”
Jasmine gave a tiny laugh. “We can do this, we have over a month, everything will be perfect for all those stuffed shirt, swaggering peacocks.”
Aladdin laughed, and took her in his arms. His stomach growled, and Jasmine heard it. “Let’s go get some breakfast,” she hinted. Aladdin’s face turned red.
“Good idea,” he replied, and allowed her to lead him down to the banquet hall.

*~*~*~*

When Aladdin and Jasmine entered the massive banquet hall, they realized that they were one of the last people up. Abu and Carpet sat at the table, and Abu began to gobble down as many bananas as he could get his paws on. Carpet floated lazily around, watching as the Genie tried to amuse the Sultan with his outrageous humor. Aladdin noticed that his jokes included dancing harem girls, and Rasoul the main guard.
Jasmine and Aladdin took their seats, and watched Genie’s routine. It was a few moments before either the Sultan or Genie noticed that they had arrived. “Al, Jas, looks like we finally decided to get up!” Genie joked, and a pile of fruit and other breakfast foods appeared before the both of them. “Let’s eat up now kids, got a big day ahead of us don’t we?”
The Sultan looked at the both of them, “That’s right. And how, may I ask, is the plans for the royal banquet going?” he asked, trying not to sound uptight.
“Father, please. It’s going to be okay, Aladdin and I will not let you down,” Jasmine replied, trying to see above the huge mound of fruit in front of her.
“I know dearest, but it’s very important. This is the impression of the entire kingdom that we are dealing with here,” the Sultan replied.
Aladdin interrupted the mounting temper Jasmine started. “Don’t worry Sultan; I’ve got it all under control.” Jasmine looked over at him with a “we can still get out of this look.” Aladdin hinted it, and directed his next response to her, “we really can,” he repeated.
“Well, I’m glad to hear it my boy,” the Sultan replied, with a smile returning to his face.
The Genie poofed between them, “Yeah, don’t worry your highness, my kid here can deal with anything, proven point; giant mud monsters, wicked teenage sorcerers, obsessed girls… Anything you can think of really!”
Aladdin cringed at the thought of Sadira. His thoughts again returned to the dream, and chill went down his spine. “Umm, well I’m full. I’m going to be down at the fountain if you need me,” Aladdin excused himself.
Everyone looked after him. Jasmine looked as he went through the silk hangings at the entrance. “Don’t worry father, everything will be fine,” she said as she followed him. The sultan looked up worried, before the Genie started up his jokes again.

*~*~*~*

Aladdin sighed as he took a seat at the base of the fountain. He put his hands in his head, and felt the drops of water misting out and cooling him off. His mind drifted off towards the banquet, and some of the dream flashed before his eyes.
“Aladdin,” a voice interrupted his thoughts, “Aladdin, what’s wrong?” Jasmine walked over, and sat next to him, putting her hand on his shoulder. He looked up, and backed away.
“I don’t know Jasmine. There isn’t supposed to be anything wrong,” Aladdin returned. He looked down at his feet, “This banquet is just the biggest thing I think I’ve ever had to do for your father, and I just feel like nothing is going right.” Aladdin lied. He didn’t want Jasmine to have any idea about the dream.
“Aladdin, father trusts you, like I trust you. There’s nothing that we have done wrong yet,” Jasmine tried to comfort her husband. She walked up to him, and put his hand in her face. “Aladdin-,” something cut her off. Aladdin looked up to see Jasmine look away from him.
“Jasmine, what’s the matter?” he asked.
Jasmine looked back up at him, “There’s something you’re not telling me, I know it.”
Aladdin froze where he stood, “Jasmine, I-.”
“Stop lying to me Aladdin. That’s the last thing we need right now, secrets and lies,” she returned, anger steeling over her eyes.
Aladdin stared back at her for a few moments before deciding it wasn’t worth hiding if it could cost him Jasmine. “It was just that nightmare last night Jasmine, that’s all. It kind of scared me.”
Jasmine’s face softened, “Is that all? What happened in that dream?”
“Jasmine, it’s really not all that-.”
“Tell me Aladdin,” Jasmine got a stubborn look on her face, and Aladdin knew that there was no arguing with her.
“You were calling to me,” Aladdin started, “I could hear you calling for me, but I couldn’t find you. The next thing I know, I’m in Mozenrath’s kingdom, and you fall from the tower, and you die.”
Jasmine seemed nervous at the sudden statement, but put her hand in Aladdin’s lap to tell him to keep going.
“Sadira did it, and then I died when I was trying to get away from marrying her.” Aladdin finished. He looked back up at Jasmine for her reaction.
Jasmine just stared back at him, then her expression softened. “It was a dream Aladdin, that’s all. It was just a dream. I knew you were being over stressed with this whole banquet thing,” Jasmine told herself.
“Jasmine, that’s not it,” Aladdin returned.
“I have an idea,” Jasmine exclaimed, seeming to totally ignore his previous comment, “let’s go out to the Oasis tonight, just you and me.”
Aladdin just sighed, and smiled, “Alright Jasmine, it’s a date.”

*~*~*~*

Sadira made her way down through the crowded streets of Agrabah. She tossed an apple up and down, and beamed at the thought that she had once again gotten away from the palace guards.
“Who are they to tell me when I can and can’t eat,” Sadira said softly to herself. She walked alone, and listened in to many of the conversations that were going on around her. Most of them were just about the day, and how it was going to be a nice evening. She watched as kids headed in for home and dinner, and how the animals were being put away, and men started to pack up their carts. She saw many women putting dinner on the table, as their older daughters helped.
Sadira headed for her home, and turned quickly down a bright alley. She was about to walk through the door, when a shadow passed over her. She looked up to see the magic carpet fly over top of her. She watched as the rug flew off, and she could see Aladdin and Jasmine’s robes flying behind them as they held each other in their arms.
Sadira smiled sadly for a moment, before making her way into the run down house she called her own. “Oh Jasmine, if only you knew how lucky you are,” she said to herself. She talked to herself a lot, seeing how there was no one else to really to talk to. She sat in front of her run down vanity, and started to brush her hair. She imagined she was Jasmine for awhile, before giving it up, and throwing herself onto her little bed.
“Aladdin, I don’t understand. We’re perfect for each other, we’re meant to be together. What could you possibly have to offer to a princess, what could you possibly have in common?” Sadira almost yelled. She talked to the quiet and dusty air that surrounded her. Tears began to stream down her face, “Why can’t I find anybody to love?”
“Well, it appears to me that you’ve found someone, but that princess is standing in your way,” a voice came out of the dark corner of the room.
Sadira sat up quickly, “Who’s in here? I have to warn you, I am practiced in the Magic of the Sand, and I-.”
“Don’t worry my young pet, I am not here to harm you,” the voice returned.
Sadira peered towards the corner, trying to make details out of the slim form that stood in the shadows. “Who are you?”
A woman stepped out into the dim light. She was definitely an older woman and she was wrinkly from head to toe. She was wearing elegant and brightly woven clothes. She held a long staff with an orb at the end. Sadira gasped in horror, and backed farther up on her bed.
“Don’t worry my sweet, I told you, I am not here to harm you,” the old woman cooed, as she sat at the end of the bed.
“Then what do you want?” Sadira asked.
“Why, to help you of course,” the woman returned.
Sadira’s ears perked up at the sound of this, “Who are you?”
“Oh, I thought you’d never ask!” the woman exclaimed. “I am Contessa, baroness of the Seven Deserts!”
Sadira saw she took a lot of pride in her title. “How is that possible, the Seven Deserts are broken up into seven kingdoms… all run by different sultans or sultanas.”
Sadira didn’t expect what happened next. Contessa smiled, and looked over at her. “Oh, I know… it’s been a few thousand years since I’ve run this place, it’s a lot different now.” She walked over to the broken window, and looked out over the alley way. She watched as people passed back and forth carrying their goods, or children. Night was beginning to settle, and a chill settled in the air.
Sadira stood up, and watched the lady closely. “What do you mean, a few thousand years?”
“Yes, I’ve been away for quite some time. Before any of this was even here, including this kingdom. Instead of the land being divided into many different kingdoms, it was all one kingdom, and my people ruled it all.” Contessa answered, turning her attention back to the young woman staring up to her.
“Are you immortal, and what do you want with me?” Sadira asked, still in complete shock.
“Immortal, no, not immortal. Being immortal is a gift, no; I am just a woman who was left to sleep for a long time.” Contessa retorted. “What I need with you, my darling is for you to help me take back what I have lost.”
Sadira’s eyes widened, and her jaw dropped, “You want me to help you take down the most powerful kingdoms of the deserts!”
Contessa looked shocked at her surprise, “Yes, why not?”
“Why not? WHY NOT?!” Sadira yelled. “Only because neither one of us have that kind of power, even if we dreamed of all that power, we would never have enough.”
Contessa’s eyes turned a deep, blood red as she grabbed Sadira by the shirt. “HOW DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH POWER THAT I HAVE? I DID NOT COME HERE TO YOU SO THAT YOU COULD TELL ME WHAT I AM CAPABLE OF!!!” she screamed at Sadira.
“Intro buenta conig smlia!” Sadira screamed, and a powerful blast shot Contessa off of her, and back into a wall.
Contessa stumbled a little before picking herself up. Sadira stood ready in case the woman decided to attack again. To her surprise, Contessa just smiled on of her biggest smiles.
“That’s why I need you, my child; you have the power needed to control the whole Seven Deserts.”
Sadira stood firm, “I may have power, but I am not the most powerful sorcerer in the Seven Deserts,” she replied.
Contessa softened, “Of course not, I’ve forgotten all about Destane, he must be-.”
“No, Destane’s land has also been taken over.” Sadira cut her off.
Contessa looked at her in confusion, “How can this be? Destane was one of the most powerful sorcerers in the world, even more power than me. Who could have possibly had enough power to overthrow him?”
“Mozenrath, ruler of the Land of the Black Sand,” Sadira replied. She remembered some of the stories that Aladdin and Jasmine had told her about the young and powerful sorcerer.
“This Mozenrath, how long has been around? A man with enough wisdom and power must have been around to see a lot,” Contessa said almost to herself.
Sadira laughed, “Mozenrath’s barely older than me.”
Contessa was shocked, “How could that be? How could a mere child go about overthrowing the most powerful being known to man; a child able to take over and rule a mighty and powerful kingdom? I must meet this Mozenrath; he will prove useful in my plan to take over Agrabah.”
“Here we go again,” Sadira interrupted, “there’s no way you’ll be able to take over Agrabah. Aladdin and Jasmine will-.”
“Aladdin and Jasmine; who are they?” Contessa asked with mounting interest. “Sorcerers no doubt, but still they’d be no match for me.”
Sadira’s face hardened, “They’re no sorcerers. More like an adventurer and princess, but still, no one has been able to harm Agrabah with them around. They’ve knocked down any villain who has even come close.”
Contessa laughed, “I am not a villain my dear, I am a sorceress coming back to take what was taken away from me years ago. This Aladdin and Jasmine will just have to die if they even try to stop me.”
“You will not harm Aladdin!” Sadira yelled, taking on an attack position.
Contessa’s brow rose, “I’m thinking that this Aladdin means something to you, Sadira.”
Sadira stood shocked that she had just acted in such a rage, “No one hurts my friends,” she replied in a deep voice.
“Of course not, my dear, I wouldn’t dream of hurting someone who meant something to you, it wouldn’t even cross my mind.” Contessa turned and looked straight into Sadira’s eyes, “Do you love this man?”
Sadira gasped at the question, “Well, no, I mean… it’s just that… he’s in love with Jasmine. There’s nothing I can do to keep them apart, he thinks they’re meant for each other.”
“Men are impressionable, and they can easily be pressured into one idea or another. You may not be able to keep these two young lovers apart, but that doesn’t mean that I can’t. What if I told you I could give Aladdin to you,” Contessa bribed.
“You could do that?” Sadira asked, not even trying to keep the excitement out of her voice.
“Why of course child, but of course, that means that you would have to do something for me?” Contessa replied.
Sadira snapped back into attention, “I will not help you destroy Agrabah, or any place else for that matter.”
“That’s not what I want from you, sweetheart. What I want from you is to keep any threats from Agrabah completely out of my way. Agrabah will not be harmed, and either will your friends.” Contessa replied.
“I can’t do that. They aren’t that stupid, and plus with that Genie-.”
“GENIE! You failed to mention that they had a genie,” Contessa exclaimed with delight. “Oh how wonderful, he could help me-.”
“He’s a free Genie,” Sadira interrupted in a mellow tone voice.
“Oh rodents,” Contessa whined. “Oh well, we’ll just have to keep him occupied like the others.”
Sadira thought for a moment, “And you promise that no one will get hurt.”
“Cross my heart and hope to die. But you don’t have to answer now, why don’t you show me around this beautiful city, it’s been hard being away for over one thousand years.”
Sadira lead Contessa out of her home and back into the alleyway. It was dark out now, and the stars were the only thing lighting up their path. Sadira felt a slight gust of air pass over her, and she looked up. Aladdin and Jasmine were returning home, holding each other once again.
Contessa came up next to the girl, and whispered, “All of what that princess has could be yours my dear, just say that you’ll help me, and…”
“Alright, I’ll do it,” Sadira replied, not taking her eyes off the young couple soaring through the sky.
“Excellent,” Contessa laughed an evil laugh, and they took off towards the streets. “Now I just have to take care of Mozenrath.”

*~*~*~*

The next morning came quickly, and Aladdin woke up with the sun. He sighed as he looked at Jasmine, stirring lightly next to him. He had had no dreams that night, and he was relieved that it was only a one time experience. Aladdin climbed out of the massive bed, and started over to the balcony. He looked out over the city, and started to daydream when a scream interrupted his thoughts.
“ALADDIN,” Jasmine called out. She sat up quickly, and opened her eyes. She saw Aladdin rushing back into the room, and quickly grab her shoulders.
“Jasmine, what’s wrong?” Aladdin asked in alarm. He could feel her trembling, and pulled her closer towards him, and sat with her in the bed.
Jasmine let the realization that Aladdin was safe sink in, before starting to talk. “Aladdin, it was horrible. It was just like your dream, only it was from my point of view. Sadira took me, and then she pushed me off the citadel… and the last thing I remember is seeing the ground, and-.”
“Jasmine, Jasmine, it was just a dream,” Aladdin tried to sooth her, “it was just a bad dream,” he repeated.
“That’s what I told you, but Aladdin, this is both of us now. That just doesn’t happen. Something is going to happen, I think we’ve learned to at least trust my dreams,” Jasmine retorted, still trembling a little.
Aladdin thought back to when Agrabah had gotten the visit from the Ethereal. Jasmine’s dreams told everything, except for the part when she lost her life. He shivered at the thought of loosing Jasmine again, and realized that he shouldn’t be as careless with this situation. “Alright Jasmine, you’re right. But we need more information about this; we need to talk to Genie.”
Jasmine nodded in agreement, and picked herself out of the bed. She went over to her wardrobe, and started to dress for the day. Aladdin followed her example, and picked out his robes.
Jasmine pulled on some of her warmer, long sleeved clothes, because the chill of the dream still lingered throughout her body. Aladdin also dressed warmer, because there was a chill he just couldn’t get rid of.

*~*~*~*

“Al, Jas, you guys made it,” Genie exclaimed as the couple entered one of the palace’s large sitting rooms. Genie and Carpet stood floating in the air, playing a game of Chinese checkers. It seemed that Carpet was beating Genie horribly.
Abu sat in the corner, eating bunches of bananas, but when he saw Aladdin he immediately ran over and climbed up on one of the young man’s shoulders. Aladdin patted him on his head shortly, and then turned his attention back to Genie. “Genie, we need your help.”
Genie straightened up quickly, thankful for a reason to stop the game. The board and the game pieces disappeared in a puff of smoke, and Carpet looked up seemingly annoyed. “Sorry rug-man, but no one won that game.”
Carpet looked at him, and then pointed to himself.
“No, rug-man, but the game was canceled on the point Aladdin needed my help, it doesn’t count.” Genie retorted. Carpet again made the same motion, and the genie’s head began to steam. “NO, IT DOESN’T COUNT,” he yelled. After a few moments of the arguing, Aladdin finally cut in.
“Genie, remember me?” he asked through gritted teeth.
Genie immediately turned his attention back to Aladdin and Jasmine, and hurried them over to a corner of the room. “Yeah, Al, what’s up?”
“I don’t know exactly Genie, it’s just that both Jasmine and I have been having these dreams,” Aladdin started.
The Genie turned into an aged psychiatrist, and Aladdin was suddenly laying down on a large couch, with his head rested on the upper part. “Now, tell me all about these dreams,” Genie ordered.
Before long, Aladdin and Jasmine were both spilling out about their dreams, and how they so freakishly coincided with the other’s.

*~*~*~*

Mozenrath lulled to himself on his massive throne in his huge castle. Xerxes swam around his neck, and smiled happily when Mozenrath started patting him on the head softly.
“Oh Xerxes, what is there to do around here anymore?” Mozenrath talked to his flying slug. “There’s so much magic out there, that I’m always this close to getting,” Mozenrath made a motion with his fingers to show a little amount, “but then something, or someone stops me. If it weren’t for my good looks, I’d almost have nothing to live for,” he smiled looking down at his gauntlet.
Xerxes sighed, “Aladdin always wins.”
A small hint of laughter rang out from one of the corners of the throne room. Mozenrath immediately sat up, and peered to the corner of the room. “Who’s there?” he called into the darkness.
Contessa stepped out of the shadows, “Mozenrath, I presume.”
“Well, I’m guessing on whom all wants to know,” Mozenrath retorted.
“Now, now, there’s no need to get hasty with me,” Contessa sleuthed, keeping her tone down to a minimum so that Mozenrath had to lean in to hear anything that she was saying. Xerxes slithered behind his master for protection.
Contessa moved closer, “Mozenrath, I think we can help each other.”
“How could you possibly help me, you’re nothing but a mere mortal with no power… your nothing,” Mozenrath retorted.
Contessa’s eyes glowed with anger, “Nothing, is that all I am? Well, let’s just see about that…”
Mozenrath stared as Contessa shot a bunch of magic out through her hands. The next thing he knew, Xerxes grew into a huge dragon. The new and bigger Xerxes looked around, before realizing his new predicament. His head was barely shorter than the ceiling, and every time he opened his mouth to talk, flames shot out of them.
Mozenrath gaped in horror at his pet, and then dodged some of the flames that came spewing out of his mouth. He ran up to Contessa and grabbed her by her robes. “Change him back,” he ordered in a menacing voice.
“Oh, but why, I think he’s much cuter now-,” Contessa started.
“CHANGE HIM BACK!” Mozenrath yelled.
Contessa waved her hand, and Xerxes was returned to his normal, small self. He quickly swam out the room, screeching all the while. Contessa turned back to Mozenrath with a smile across her face, “Now, can we talk?”
Mozenrath knew he had no other choice, but decided to stall, “Who are you?”
“Oh, I thought you’d never ask. I am Contessa, former ruler over all the Seven Deserts!” Contessa looked over at Mozenrath’s face for his reaction. To her surprise, he just smirked. “What is the matter with you? Why are you smiling?” she asked.
Mozenrath let out a little laugh, “Ruler of the Seven Deserts? There has only been one ruler of the Seven Deserts, and she was locked away over one thousand years ago.”
Contessa glared at him, “As you can tell, I am no young chick there bucko.”
Mozenrath’s smile vanished, “Yes, I could tell, but you’d be looking a lot worse for the wear if you’ve been around for over one thousand years.”
“I was cursed with immortality while I slept, but now that I’m out and wide awake from my “beauty sleep,” Contessa admired herself, “I’m ready to take back what rightfully belonged to me in the first place.”
Mozenrath smiled, “I’m guessing that would require you taking over Agrabah, wouldn’t it?”
Contessa turned slightly, to look back at him, “Yes it would.”
“Good luck, I’ve tried numerous times to take over the Seven Deserts, but there’s this street rat and his stupid genie-.”
“Aladdin, yes, I’ve heard of him,” Contessa interrupted.
Mozenrath looked angered that she had interrupted him, “Word gets around these deserts fast, doesn’t it?”
“Hmm… yeah,” Contessa agreed, “I’ve also heard that he has a monkey, a flying rug, and a princess.”
Mozenrath grimaced, “Yes, all measly flea-bitten sidekicks. Even that princess, she’s a royal pain all herself!”
“Yes, a lot of people seem to want this princess out of the way,” Contessa said almost to her self. “I can help you get rid of all of them.”
Mozenrath’s brow rose, “You? You think you can get rid of these people? I’ve tried so many times, and failed always once again. They are bugs that won’t die, bugs that deserved to be squashed!”
“Yes, I’ve heard about your previous let downs. It was quite disappointing seeing how you were the one who took over Destane,” Contessa mocked. “I guess that Destane was ready to slip away anyway.”
Mozenrath turned in anger, his gauntlet glowing, “I TOOK OVER DESTANE WITH MY BARE HANDS,” he looked down at his hand, “Well, almost,” he softened. “Either way, Destane was at full power, and I still was able to bring him down.”
“Either way, Mozenrath, we’ll be able to help each other,” Contessa simmered.
Mozenrath sneered, “I just want the Genie. And I want Aladdin out of the way.”
“And I want you to help me take back the deserts! Do we have a deal?” Contessa asked.
Mozenrath thought for a moment, “Alright, I’ll do it.”
“Excellent,” Contessa said, and she disappeared.
Mozenrath stood alone with himself for a moment, and then he grinned. “She’ll hand deliver me the power I need to take back what she’s fighting for. Perfect plan,” he mused. Xerxes slithered back into the room, and curled up around his master’s neck. “Perfect plan,” Mozenrath repeated as he patted his pet’s head.

*~*~*~*

It had been a few days since Aladdin and Jasmine had had their coinciding dreams. Aladdin shrugged it off as some kind of freak coincidence, but Jasmine was still very unsure.
“Jasmine, stop worrying so much,” Aladdin sighed. He sat down on one of the humongous pillows in one of the palace’s massive sitting rooms.
“Aladdin, I have to worry, this doesn’t just happen. Things like this happen for a reason,” Jasmine retorted, sitting down next to him.
Aladdin lay back on the pillow, and stared up at the ceiling. “Genie said that there was nothing to worry about, and he would know, wouldn’t he?”
“Yeah, I guess you’re right,” Jasmine whispered.
Aladdin sat back up, “We have a lot more to worry about now. This banquet is only a little under a month away. We still need to do a hundred more things.”
“It’ll all work out fine, Aladdin,” Jasmine said laying her head on his shoulder. Aladdin rested his head on hers, and sighed.
“The invitations are out, and being replied to?”
“Every last one,” Jasmine reassured. “Do you trust me?”
Aladdin laughed, “Yeah, of course.”
Jasmine stood up, “Good, but that doesn’t mean that the meals don’t need to be planned, and music doesn’t need to be directed.” She began to walk out of the room.
“What’s the good thing about having a genie if you can’t use him?” Aladdin mocked.
Jasmine turned back at him, “Father needs to know we can do this on our own. Not to say that Genie didn’t help mail the letters.”
Aladdin eyed her suspiciously, “What does that mean?”
Jasmine laughed, and her eyes sparkled, “Let’s just say the letters will be getting to the kingdoms a little sooner than expected.” She ran out of the room, her laughter echoing through the hallway.
Aladdin started to run after her when he stopped. He felt like someone was watching him. He turned slightly to look into the corner, but he shrugged off the feeling and kept going.
Contessa stepped out of the shadows, and laughed. “This is going to be even easier than any of us expected. With all the rulers of the Seven Deserts in one place at one time, it’s like Aladdin is handing me what I want on a silver platter.”

*~*~*~*

A few weeks had passed, and the royal Agrabahnian ball was tonight. Aladdin and Jasmine were in their room, getting ready for the big event.
“Everything is perfect!” Jasmine exclaimed as she twirled around in her beautiful, slim gown. She glittered in its deep pink cloth and hair bands.
Aladdin caught her before she fell onto the bed, and picked her up. “You were right, everything turned out to be perfect.”
Jasmine looked up into his eyes, and then pulled his dark crimson and cream robe closer, “You should learn to trust your wife a little more.”
Aladdin smiled, and sat her down. She took his hand, “The guests have been arriving all day.”
“Yeah, I know. Genie and I went down to greet some of them. I think I may have even seen Prince Achmed,” Aladdin winked.
Jasmine looked confused for a moment, before a smile crept over her face, “Did he say anything to you?”
“Not really, but he did give me a funny look. Although, that may just be how he looks at everyone…”
Jasmine giggled, and then led him towards their door. “Are you ready?”
“As ready as I’ll ever be Jasmine,” Aladdin returned, and he pushed the door open.
“Al, Jas, you guys look great!” Genie exclaimed as he stood in some of his best attire. Abu sat in his hands, and he was pulling on a fancy vest, and fez. As soon as he saw Aladdin, he ran up his shoulders.
“I know little buddy,” Aladdin started, trying to make Abu’s vest a little more comfortable, “I’m don’t like my clothes all that much either.”
“Thanks Genie,” Jasmine replied, as she slipped her sheer over her waist and shoulders.
“Well, the guests have arrived,” Genie said turning into a snobby English butler. Jasmine and Aladdin laughed, and they headed down to the banquet hall. They could hear music and talking pouring down the halls.
“Let’s just pray nothing goes wrong,” Aladdin whispered, and Jasmine crossed her fingers behind her back.

*~*~*~*

“It’s time,” Contessa said softly. Sadira and Mozenrath stood behind her, dressed in the best attire Mozenrath could find for them.
“I still don’t understand how you plan on taking over all of the rulers,” Sadira said, questioningly.
“It simple,” Mozenrath cut in, “they are mere mortals, they have no power to them.”
Sadira glared at him, “That’s the last time I want to hear you say that mortals can not be magical! You and I are both mortals, or did you forget?”
“I haven’t forgotten,” Mozenrath said through gritted teeth, “I simply don’t see my mortal half being that important.”
Sadira was about to make another remark, when Contessa interrupted them both. “Get quiet, the both of you! Tonight is the night that we all get what we want,” she turned to Sadira, “You get Aladdin, and get Jasmine out of the way.” She turned to Mozenrath next, “You get Aladdin out of the way, and the genie’s powers.”
She walked off, and turned towards one of Sadira’s run down windows, “And I get back full power of the Seven Deserts.”
“Umm… yeah, about that,” Mozenrath interrupted, “You forgot to mention about how my kingdom is part of the Seven Deserts. I just don’t see how I’m going to give all that up.”
Contessa turned back to look at him, “Six out of seven isn’t that bad.”
Mozenrath looked at her suspiciously, and then nodded. “And you’ll leave my kingdom in peace?”
“Of course,” Contessa sleuthed.
“And you Mozenrath,” Sadira cut in, “will not hurt Aladdin or Jasmine?”
“Of course,” Mozenrath replied in the same manner as Contessa answered him earlier.
Contessa again spoke above them, “We are ready, yes?”
Mozenrath and Sadira nodded.
“Excellent, we are ready. Now, we all know the plan? Good, let’s go. We have a party to crash.” Contessa led them out of the hut, in her elegant clothes. Soon they were off to the palace, laughing all to themselves about their secret plans.

*~*~*~*

“Dearest, this is absolutely wonderful,” the sultan exclaimed as he greeted his daughter on the floor.
Aladdin and Jasmine turned to look at him, “Oh, father. It wasn’t just me; Aladdin was there all the way.”
The sultan looked up at Aladdin, “Yes my boy and you’ve certainly proven that you know what you’re doing.”
Aladdin went to thank the sultan, but was whisked away in a group of strangers. “Prince Aladdin…” Aladdin couldn’t understand everything going on around him. He looked up for Jasmine, but she was trapped also.
Aladdin sighed, and just tuned everyone out, and before long he escaped and went to the beverage table. Jasmine followed close behind.
“They’re animals,” Aladdin said exasperated.
Jasmine laughed, “Yeah, I know. I actually think that some of them still think they’re talking to me.”
Aladdin busted out laughing, when suddenly something cool went flying past him. He looked up, and noticed that a bright light formed in the middle of the floor. Aladdin and Jasmine peered towards it in alarm.
Contessa appeared, Sadira and Mozenrath appearing out of the lingering smoke later.
Aladdin walked up to her, “Who are you?” he demanded.
Contessa looked down on him, “Contessa, ruler of the Seven Deserts, and you are?”
Aladdin began to answer when Contessa eyes lit up, “Oh, you must be Aladdin! I’ve heard so much about you!”
Jasmine came up next to Aladdin, “As princess of Agrabah, I demand you leave this instant.”
Contessa turned back to Sadira, “This the princess you were talking about?”
Jasmine turned her attention to Sadira, who looked at Contessa and nodded. “Sadira, I don’t understand, I thought-.”
“You thought wrong Jasmine,” Sadira cut her off, “I can’t live without Aladdin, and now he’s going to be mine.”
“In a minute pet,” Contessa sleuthed.
Aladdin jumped to attention, “Mozenrath, what are you doing here?”
“Collecting my genie of course,” Mozenrath smirked.
Genie flew in, “Oh no you don’t. I’m a free genie!” He zapped his magic towards the three sorcerers, but it came flying back, cutting Genie in half.
“Genie,” Jasmine cried, and she ran over to him.
“I’m guessing there’s nothing I can do?” Genie asked Contessa as he pulled himself back together.
Contessa laughed, “Not unless you want everyone in here to die.”
“Then I guess it’s up to me,” Aladdin cried, as he soared towards Contessa on Carpet.
“Ah, ah, ah, Aladdin,” Contessa mocked. She zapped him down with the point of her finger, and crashed on top of Jasmine.
“What do you want?” Jasmine asked as she picked herself up.
“Every ruler of the Seven Deserts,” Contessa replied, “but seeing how I forgot that the kings never make an appearance at these things, I’m guessing the future rulers will have to do!”
Suddenly, a blue light surrounded certain men and women across the room around the room. Aladdin looked around in horror, he knew everyone that was being surrounded.
There was a young man from the land of Hanis, another man from the land of Crasnin, and King Hamed’s daughter from the land of Ghetzistan.
Aladdin looked as the light surrounded the young princess, and she cried in pain. He winced, knowing she was no older than ten years of age. Suddenly, a thought hit him. Why wasn’t he trapped? Wasn’t he the future ruler of Agrabah? If he wasn’t trapped, then-
“ALADDIN,” Jasmine cried out. Aladdin turned around to see Jasmine surrounded in the same blue light, trapped.
“Jasmine” he replied running up to her. “Why Jasmine and not her father?” He tried to reach in and grab her, but something zapped him back. He regained his composure, but by the time he got up, Jasmine was gone.
“It’s simple, more people want the princess out of the way,” Contessa answered his almost silent question.
Aladdin turned back to Contessa, “Bring her back!” He ran up to her, but Mozenrath stood in his way, and zapped him back with his gauntlet.
“Don’t try anything street-rat, or you’ll never see Jasmine again,” Mozenrath ordered.
Contessa walked up to Aladdin who was lying backwards on the ground. “Genie, where are you?” Aladdin asked.
“Oh, you mean this genie,” Contessa asked holding up a bottle where Genie was trapped. Then she brought up her other hand where Carpet laid in a ball of nicely rolled up yarn.
“What how did you-?” Aladdin stuttered.
“It’s quite simple, we just let you live,” Contessa replied.
Aladdin stood up quickly, “give Jasmine back!” He continued to walk up towards the three. People in the crowd all began running and crying when they realized that the rulers had gone missing. Panic and chaos was everywhere.
“Don’t come any closer Aladdin,” Sadira ordered, “or the monkey gets it.” She held up a chattering Abu.
Aladdin stopped, and looked up at her, “Sadira, we trusted you!”
Sadira cringed, “That’s okay, because soon you’ll love me!”
“Sadira, I told you I love Jasmine!” Aladdin retorted.
Mozenrath stood in his line of view, “We only captured four of the six that we were supposed to take.”
Contessa’s smile vanished, “WHAT? Where are the rest?”
Aladdin smiled, “You actually thought we’d invite the Al Muddie? And King Mamood, he’s a ruler, no heirs yet.”
“What, there’s an even younger ruler than Mozenrath?” Contessa asked.
Mozenrath looked up at him, “Yeah, but he has no power.”
“Well, Mozenrath, looks like I’ll need you after all,” Contessa smirked.
Mozenrath looked up at her, “No, we had a deal. You said that you would leave my kingdom in peace-,” before he could finish a blue light surrounded him. “NO!” he tried to fight it with his gauntlet, but he disappeared.
“Oh, how much fun this is!” Contessa clapped her hands. She turned to Sadira, “Now, he’s all yours.”
Aladdin called out, “I want Jasmine back!” Before he heard any reply, there was a bright light, and he passed out.

*~*~*~*

Jasmine’s eyes opened slightly opened, and she sat straight up. She looked around, and noticed the other future rulers lying around her. She ran over to the young girl, who stirred, and pulled her on her lap. She checked to make sure she was still breathing, and when she realized she was, she looked around again.
They were in some kind of cage, but it was lavishly furnished. She ran to the bars, but was blasted back by some kind of energy field. Jasmine sat up, and rubbed her head.
“It’s no use, I’ve tried everything,” a voice came from the corner of the room.
Jasmine turned to look at the voice, “Mozenrath?”
Mozenrath stood up, and walked out of the corner shadows, “Yes.”
Jasmine gasped, “What are you doing here? You treacherous snake, you let everyone here get captured for your own selfish reasons!”
“And look where it got me princess, I’m stuck in here like a rat just like all of you!” Mozenrath shot back, which silenced Jasmine.
Jasmine peered at him, “Where is here?”
“We’re in the Land of the Black Sand. Can you believe it, I’ve been trapped in my own trap by that treacherous son of a-,” Mozenrath raged, and his gauntlet glowed.
“We’re all here, because of her and you, and Sadira!” Jasmine yelled. “But it’s you that I need now, because you know most of the plan, and that’s a whole lot more than any of the rest of us knows.”
Mozenrath turned and glared at her, “Why would I tell you?”
“Hmm, I don’t know… maybe so that we can get out of here!” Jasmine returned.
“I told you, I’ve tried everything!” Mozenrath said back. “I designed this cage so that no mortal can get out, I didn’t expect that I would be stuck here also.”
Jasmine turned to him, “I need to get to Aladdin. I don’t want anything to happen to him, or his friends. You need to get us out of here.”
“What is with you princess, you’re probably in the biggest fight of your life, and all you can think about is that street-rat of a husband of yours!” Mozenrath raged.
Jasmine looked at him, “I am trying to save everyone I care about, and that requires your help. Aladdin means the world to me and without him that means my world comes crashing down. Now are you going to help me or not?”
A soft crying sound came from the other side of the cell. The young Ghetzistan princess was still laying on one of the pillows that Jasmine had laid her on before. Jasmine walked over to her and picked her up onto her lap, and tried to sooth her.
“Princess Jasmine,” the girl started through tears, “where are we?”
Jasmine looked down into the girl’s eyes and smiled, “we’re trapped for now. An evil lady wants to use us to get our father’s kingdoms. You know my name, but I don’t know yours.”
“Princess Camilla,” the little girl replied. “Princess Jasmine?”
“Yes Camilla,” Jasmine replied, now starting to rock the young girl in her arms.
“Are we going to get out of here?” the young princess asked.
Jasmine looked up at Mozenrath who stood frozen looking at the two princesses holding each other. “Yes, Camilla we are,” Mozenrath replied to the question.
Jasmine looked up at the sorcerer and smiled, “Thank you,” she whispered. Mozenrath glared at her, and swung his cape around before walking back to his corner. Jasmine went back to trying to calm the crying child, and caring for the unconscious princes.

*~*~*~*

Sadira sat in her home, holding Aladdin on her lap. “C’mon Aladdin, please,” she pleaded to him. Aladdin stirred lightly before letting his eyes flutter open.
“Sadira,” Aladdin whispered as she sat up on the bed. He hugged her tight, and Sadira sighed with relief.
“Aladdin, you scared me so much,” Sadira cooed taking him in her arms. Aladdin returned the embrace.
“What happened?” he asked.
Sadira froze, “umm…” she started playing with her hands, “you went out to get us food, and someone hit you over the head. I came along just in time, and made sure you got back here safely, but as soon as we did, you passed out.”
Aladdin looked at her suspiciously, “Wow, I don’t remember any of that.”
“Well, you got hit pretty hard,” Sadira said, relieved. She couldn’t believe that Aladdin was finally hers. “Aladdin, I love you.”
Aladdin looked up at the sorceress in surprise, “I love you to Sadira. Is there something the matter?”
Sadira’s eyes filled up with tears, “no, everything is absolutely perfect.”
Aladdin looked at her suspiciously again, before standing up rubbing his head. He walked over to one of the wooden shelves to grab a cask of water. As he passed the vanity, he thought he saw the vision of a young woman appear in place of his reflection. When he turned back to look, it was his normal reflection again.
“Is there something wrong?” Sadira asked, noticing that Aladdin seemed a little disoriented.
Aladdin looked at her, and then back at the mirror, “Nothing Sadira, nothing at all.”

*~*~*~*

Contessa started to walk down to the chamber cell in which she was holding the rulers of the Seven Deserts. She walked up to the cage, and watched as Jasmine rocked the young princess and helped the other two princes up at the same time.
“Contessa,” a voice came from the side of the cell.
Contessa turned to look at Mozenrath. “Why, Mozenrath, how are you?”
“I’m like a trapped rat in here!” Mozenrath screamed. “Let me out now, we had a deal!”
“Our deal was that your kingdom would be left in peace,” Contessa returned, “and I will keep to that. No harm will touch this kingdom, but I said nothing about its ruler!”
Mozenrath just glared at the sorceress, and almost growled with anger.
“Where is Aladdin,” Jasmine demanded.
Contessa turned to look at the princess, “why, princess Jasmine, he is with his one true love.”
“What?” Jasmine asked.
“All of his memories of you have been erased my dear, it’s as if you never existed,” Contessa explained. “Now, he belongs to Sadira.”
“No!” Jasmine cried out in anguish. “How could you, how could she?”
“People go to extreme measures to get what they want, and that little sand witch really wanted Aladdin,” Contessa teased.
Jasmine fell to the ground, and started sobbing into her hands.
Mozenrath saw this, and almost seemed to become enraged at the sight, “Contessa, let us out now, or I will-,” he started.
“You’ll what? Threaten me to death?” Contessa laughed at her own joke, and then zapped Mozenrath back into a wall. “Don’t try to even threaten me. You’re here until I get what was rightfully mine in the first place.” With that she walked back up the stairs from the cell, and all that was heard was the loud CRASH of the door shutting behind her.
Mozenrath cried out in anger, shooting magic out of his gauntlet towards the bars. To his and the others surprise a small hole appeared in the force field, and lingered for a little while before disappearing.
Mozenrath and Jasmine looked at each other. “Mozenrath, do that again, with more magic.”
Mozenrath obeyed the order, and shot as much magic as he could muster towards the bars. Jasmine ran up to the larger hole, and put the young princess she was holding through the hole.
The two other princes followed that example, and jumped out of the hole afterward. One scooped up the younger princess and carried her to the top of the steps.
Before Jasmine left, she looked back at Mozenrath, “aren’t you coming?”
Mozenrath looked at her in surprise, “I need you to go through first.”
Jasmine did as he said, and jumped through stumbling a little and then standing up. Mozenrath looked around, and sent one more zap of magic to keep the portal open. He used the few seconds to dive through the hole to the other side.
Jasmine and him returned a soft glance, before Mozenrath took back his evil demeanor and turned up the steps.
Jasmine scoffed and followed him, then smiled a bit knowing that he wasn’t about to let any of them die. “Somewhere in there, there is a heart,” she whispered to herself.

*~*~*~*

The small party of rulers quietly snuck through the silent halls of Mozenrath’s kingdom. Mamlucks walked by keeping watch every so often, but whenever one got near the group, Mozenrath would zap it apart with his gauntlet.
“Where’s Contessa?” Jasmine whispered to Mozenrath.
“She’s probably in my throne room,” Mozenrath growled, thinking of her sitting on his thrown he rightfully stole.
Jasmine thought for a moment, before turning to the rest of party. The two princes were whispering to themselves, and the younger princess was holding onto Jasmine’s dress for dear life. Jasmine patted her hand, and then looked back at Mozenrath.
“We have to get to a window or something, but one that is close to the ground,” Jasmine suggested.
Mozenrath looked at her, “You’ll have to find it. I am going after Contessa.”
Jasmine was overcome with shock, “You can’t! You can’t just leave us here to get yourself killed! How are we going to get through the rest of the mamlucks in a castle that we have no idea how to get through?”
“I don’t care,” Mozenrath sleuthed as he walked away, his cape flowing behind him. Jasmine looked after him in almost pure rage, before she came back to attention.
“Camilla, Prince Hain, and Prince Ian, follow me,” Jasmine ordered. The small group did as she said.
Soon, a window came into view. Jasmine ran up to it, and looked out. “We’re going to be free,” she cried. The rest of the group came up behind her, and looked down.
“It’s really high,” Camilla murmured.
“Princess Jasmine,” Prince Ian spoke up, “Prince Hain and I will go down, and catch you and Princess Camilla afterwards.”
“We will?” Prince Hain gulped.
“Yes, we will,” Prince Ian reassured.
Jasmine nodded towards them. The two princes jumped down warily, and looked up. Jasmine placed Camilla on the ledge, then giving her a tiny shove, Camilla fell to the ground where Prince Ian caught her. Jasmine went to climb on the ledge, when she felt something grab her shoulder. She turned around to look right into a mamluck’s stare.
The mamluck unsheathed his sword and swung at Jasmine. Jasmine backed up, and ducked. She backed up towards the window, and then the mamluck took another swing. Jasmine screamed and dodged that one also.
The royal party downstairs heard her cry and saw her struggling with mamluck.
“Princess Jasmine!” Prince Ian called, “just jump! I’ll catch you.”
“Easier said than done,” Jasmine whispered. She dodged the mamluck again, when a searing pain went up her side. She looked down at the deep gash that the mamluck had left. She decided it was just a graze, and she ran to the window and dove out.
Prince Ian caught her just before she hit the ground. He set her on the ground, and smiled.
“Thank you,” Jasmine replied, but the prince just shrugged. Princess Camilla came running up and threw her arms around Jasmine’s waist.
Jasmine cried out in pain, and quickly pulled away from Camilla. Camilla, startled, looked at her with fear.
“Princess Jasmine, you’re hurt,” Prince Hain said.
Jasmine looked down at her cut, and winced, “it’s just a scratch.” Jasmine felt herself become lightheaded, and she passed out.
Prince Ian caught her once again, and slowly laid her down on the ground. He took off his cape and wrapped it around Jasmine, and then picked her up again.
Prince Hain did the same for Princess Camilla, who snuggled up in his chest. “How do you expect us to get back from here,” he asked.
“We’ll have to take horses,” Prince Ian replied. He walked over to a nearby stable where a few horses stood cowering in the corner.
“Do you know the way home?” Prince Hain asked.
“Yes, I know these deserts like the back of my hand,” Prince Ian retorted. He placed the unconscious princess on the horse, and climbed up behind her. Prince Hain sat Princess Camilla on another horse, and climbed up behind her. They sat ready to head out.
The two princes kicked the horses that set out of the city. They soon were on their way back to Agrabah.

*~*~*~*

Mozenrath snuck within the shadows, making his way towards his throne room. When he finally turned the corner to look into the room, he saw Contessa sitting on the throne. Mamluck surrounded her, feeding her, and fanning her. Xerxes was chained on the chair next to her, and he hung sadly in the air. Aladdin’s genie and rug’s yarn laid at her feet, and the genie just looked sadly down, squeezed tightly in the jar.
Mozenrath, enraged, stormed into the throne room. Contessa jerked her head upwards, and a shocked expression overcame her face. Soon though, her normal calm expression recovered it, and she grinned.
“Why Mozenrath, how ever did you manage-?”
“What does it matter? You’re plan is foiled, Contessa. The others are on their way home, and now I’m here to claim my home,” Mozenrath growled.
Contessa stared after him, “My, my, how over confident we are.” She motioned for the mamlucks to attack. They unsheathed their sword, and started charging. Mozenrath easily sliced through them all, laughing. “Please, how did you expect them to add up to my power?”
Contessa laughed, “I really didn’t. I just wanted some entertainment.”
Mozenrath was furious at the thought that he was being treated as some king of court jester, “Contessa, I want my kingdom back. You can take all the rest of the kingdoms, but I WANT MINE!”
“Well, that was the plan wasn’t it Mozenrath? But then I realized that I wanted them all, and by the looks of it, it’s going to take even longer than I had expected, seeing how no one told me about the two kingdoms that wouldn’t be present at the royal banquet,” Contessa replied.
Mozenrath was enraged and in his rage started firing his magic at Contessa. Contessa cringed at the pain going down her spine, but she still managed a smile. “Oh Mozenrath, did you really expect to beat me with your minimal power?”
It was Mozenrath’s turn to smile, “I wasn’t trying to beat you, I was just using that as a distraction.” Mozenrath pointed down to where the genie and the rug had once lain.
Contessa gasped as she realized that they were gone. She looked out her window to see Genie racing across the desert with the rug in tow.
“Mozenrath, you snake,” she cried flinging her magic at him with great aim, sending him flying to a wall.
Mozenrath tried limply to get up, but couldn’t. He soon felt himself being locked up against a wall, and looked around, before passing out.
“You’ve messed up my plans once to many,” Contessa sleuthed, walking around the mess of mamluck parts. “Now, I need to get back what I lost.”

*~*~*~*

Genie soared out over the deserts, and stopped after he got away from the black sand. He lowered himself down, and put the yarn on the ground.
“Whoa rug-man,” Genie said as he turned into a old woman in a rocking chair, “I never want to see you like this again. Twice is more than enough.” He started to knit the yarn back together at enormous speed.
Carpet soared up after the knitting was done. He zoomed around, then back to the ground with a triumphant pose. Genie laughed and gave him a high five. He was about ready to say something else, when he heard voices a little farther ahead.
“Looks like we got company,” Genie said as he and Carpet soared above the small party up ahead. They peered down on the small caravan, and gasped.
“That’s the royal future that mega-witch captured,” Genie said. He flew down, and stopped a little in front of the party.
Prince Hain cried out, “Monster!”
“No, no!” Prince Ian stopped him, “it’s Aladdin’s Genie.”
Genie floated over to the horses, and took one look at Jasmine, “What happened.”
“We escaped from the castle, but Princess Jasmine got hurt in the process,” Prince Ian reported in a regal manner.
Genie picked up the princess, and placed her on Carpet. He then zapped maps into the hands of the two princes. “You two get the little princess home. I’ll take care of things from here.” He transformed into a doctor and started to wrap up the princess’ wounds.
The two other princes headed off for their homes at a great speed.
“Alright Jas,” Genie cooed, “Hold on until we get home and find Al and Abu.” The party soared out over the desert, with Agrabah coming up into their view fast.

*~*~*~*

Aladdin and Sadira walked down the streets of Agrabah. Aladdin felt weird as the merchants bowed to him like he was royalty, but he was just a street-rat that everyone hated.
“Sadira, why are they bowing to us?” he asked, eyeing them suspiciously.
Sadira hesitated for a moment, “I don’t know, maybe they have us confused with someone else.”
Aladdin looked around, and shivered. Something wasn’t right about this, “Sadira, how long have we been together now?”
“Oh, for about ten years now, we’ve been running these streets since you were about ten years old,” Sadira tried to convince him.
Suddenly memories flooded through Aladdin’s mind. “Oh that’s right.”
Sadira looked up at him nervously, “Aladdin what’s wrong?”
“I don’t know Sadira, there’s just this girl I can’t get out of my head,” Aladdin confessed.
Sadira froze, and she stopped to look at him, “I don’t know Aladdin, what does she look like?”
“Well, she’s around our age, with raven black hair, and brown eyes. She dresses like royalty, but I don’t know where I’ve seen her before,” Aladdin described, he seemed to be searching his brain for the answers, but couldn’t find them.
Sadira cringed, “I don’t know Aladdin maybe it was all a dream.”
Something sparked off in Aladdin’s mind at the sound of those words, but he just shrugged it off.
“Well, should we get something to eat?” Sadira said. She walked up to a fruit stand where Aladdin got ready to steal a couple pieces for fruit, but when he grabbed them, the fruit cart owner simply bowed.
“Why of course your highness, it is an honor that you would choose this fruit stand to eat from,” the cart owner bowed. “It is on the house.”
Aladdin looked at the fruit cart owner with shock, “umm… thanks.”
“The spell only worked on Aladdin. It’s as if he is the only one who forgets everything about him and Jasmine,” Sadira whispered.
“Umm… Sadira, what’s going on? Why are these people treating me like royalty?” Aladdin asked as he passed on an apple to Sadira with his “off the shoulder” trick.
“I don’t know Aladdin, it’s really weird. Maybe we should just go back home,” Sadira replied, pulling his arm towards her little hovel.
“I think you’re right,” Aladdin agreed, and headed with her.

*~*~*~*

Genie floated back and forth with Carpet as Jasmine lay unconscious on a sofa in her bedroom.
“Stop that rug-man, you’re making me nervous,” Genie complained about Carpet’s pacing, but did not relent on his own.
Jasmine stirred a little bit, before moaning. Her eyes fluttered open, and she tried to focus her vision. There was a dull pain in her side that made her movements short and ginger.
“Jas, you’re awake!” Genie cried, floating to her side. Carpet did the same, and came up next to him.
“Genie, Carpet, you’re alright!” Jasmine cried as she enveloped them in a huge hug.
Then she backed up, “What about the others? Prince Hain, Prince Ian, Princess Camilla? Are they alright?”
“They’re fine Jas, they’re on their way home,” Genie said as he turned into a pillow. “Now what you need to do is rest.”
“I can’t rest, we need to find Aladdin. He is with Sadira somewhere,” Jasmine said standing up, ignoring the pain in her abdomen.
“Sadira, you mean little orphan Sandy?” Genie asked as he turned into a large hourglass.
Jasmine nodded, and tears welled up in her eyes, “I thought that she was my friend.”
Genie put his arms around her, and gave her a huge hug, “Ah, Jasmine, we’ll find Al. I promise.”
Jasmine wiped the tears from her eyes, and then Genie and Carpet left. Jasmine quickly changed from her dress into a pair of pants and a different shirt. She grabbed her whip from her chest near her bed, and headed back out of the door.
“Before we go, I have to check on father,” Jasmine said as she headed down towards the throne room.
Genie and Carpet followed. Jasmine ran into the throne room when she saw her father standing amongst the rubble.
“Father,” she cried out as she ran to him and let him throw his hands around her in a huge hug.
“Oh dearest, I thought I had lost you forever,” the sultan said as he held tight to her.
Jasmine began to cry, “I can’t stay long father, I have to go find Aladdin.”
“Yes, my dear, I know that they boy has gone missing. Are you sure you have to go though?” the sultan asked, not wanting to let his daughter go.
“Father, I’ll be fine. I’ll be back before you know it. What happened to all the guests?” Jasmine asked.
“They all went home, they gave me my best, and left. There has been no news from the other kingdoms about their missing heirs quite yet,” the sultan replied with fear shaking his voice.
“It’s alright father, the others are going back to their homes,” Jasmine reassured. She jumped on Carpet and soared out of the window. “Don’t worry, I’ll be back soon father,” she cried as she soared out of view, leaving the sultan by himself.

*~*~*~*

Carpet soared above the streets of Agrabah as Jasmine skimmed them trying to spot Aladdin or Sadira. “Maybe we should go to Sadira’s hovel,” Jasmine suggested.
Genie who was flying above transformed into a plane and pilot with the magnified vision came down next to her. “I think you’re right little lady,” he said as he pulled down towards a rooftop.
Jasmine and Carpet followed him, and Jasmine jumped off and landed next to the Genie who had transformed into his normal self.
“Shh… it’s a sneak attack,” Genie whispered to Carpet who looked at him with one of those “How am I going to make a sound?” looks.
Jasmine laughed, and slid down a pole to the entrance of the building. She listened up against the door, and heard Aladdin and Sadira’s voices. “They’re in there,” she whispered to Genie.
Genie came up behind her, and knocked down the door. Jasmine ran in, and looked at Aladdin and Sadira’s shocked face.
“Jasmine, how did you-,” Sadira started.
“What does that matter,” Jasmine retorted. “Aladdin, let’s go.”
Aladdin just stared at her, “who are you?”
Jasmine’s heart froze, and she gasped, “You- you don’t remember me?”
Genie stood there, just as shocked as Jasmine.
Aladdin peered at her even closer, than stood back frightened, “She’s the girl! She’s the girl I told you about Sadira!”
Sadira looked from Jasmine to Aladdin, almost hurt, “Aladdin, we have to get rid of her. She’s obviously trying to tear us apart!”
“How dare you Sadira,” Jasmine screamed at her, “you’re the one who’s having trouble realizing Aladdin belongs with me!”
Sadira looked at Jasmine enraged, and she swung up her hands. To massive arrows of sand shot towards the princess, and Jasmine’s eyes opened in horror. She heard Genie cry out her name, and she prepared herself for the impending attack. Soon she felt herself fly through the air after an enormous push.
Jasmine got up quickly and tried to recuperate from the previous thud. She looked around, and saw Aladdin lying right next to her. “Aladdin,” Jasmine cried as she ran over to him, and touched his shoulder.
Aladdin opened his eyes, and looked up into Jasmine’s worried stare. He gasped, and jumped up.
“Aladdin, what were you thinking?” Sadira questioned as she hurried over to help him stand. “Why didn’t you just let me get rid of her?”
Aladdin looked from Sadira to Jasmine and then back to Jasmine, “I don’t know Sadira it’s just that I have a hard time believing that this girl could be bad.”
“She is Aladdin, she really is!” Sadira almost begged him to believe her.
“I think our little sand witch needs a time out,” Genie said. He zapped Sadira, who suddenly found herself inside a giant hourglass.
“Compliments of Jafar,” Genie hinted to Jasmine, as his head turned into that of Jafar’s.
“Genie, you’re not actually going to hurt her are you?” Jasmine questioned as she saw Sadira trying to fight off the sand pouring down on top of her.
“Of course not, the sand will stop pouring before it gets any higher than the girl’s head,” Genie replied, watching as Sadira tried to break open the glass.
Aladdin rushed over to the sand trap, and looked back at the Genie, “Let her go!” he yelled as he dove for the Genie. The Genie easily dodged Aladdin’s attack.
“Whoa, down boy,” Genie teased as he watched Aladdin get back up.
Jasmine ran over to the hourglass in which Sadira was encased.
“Jasmine let me out of here, please!” Sadira pleaded as the sand rose up above her chest.
“Not before you give Aladdin his memory back!” Jasmine ordered.
“I can’t give him his memory back, Contessa took it, not me!” Sadira said, “Please, let me out of here!”
Jasmine looked at her, “Why should I?”
Sadira was about to reply when the sand rose above her mouth. Jasmine gasped, and looked back at the Genie who was still distracting Aladdin with many of his shape shifting techniques.
“Genie, I thought you said it would stop when it got to high! Let her out!” Jasmine yelled as Sadira’s eyes disappeared.
“I can’t Jas,” Genie replied as he dodged another one of Aladdin’s attacks. He saw Jasmine go after the glass with a board to break it open. “Jasmine, NO, it’s a trick!”
He didn’t get the words out in time. As soon as Jasmine felt the board hit the hourglass, she fell through. She looked up to see Sadira on the outside, looking in on her. Jasmine looked up just in time to see the sand start pouring down again, and she gasped.
Aladdin looked up, and suddenly his mind snapped. His head spun a little before he fell dizzily to the floor.
“Al, what’s wrong?” Genie asked as he picked the boy up. “Genie, what happened?” Aladdin asked, then he jumped to attention, “where’s Jasmine?”
Genie pointed towards the large hourglass, and Jasmine standing in the almost waist high sand.
“Jasmine,” Aladdin cried out. He looked over to see Sadira simply staring at him.
“Aladdin, you have your memory back,” Sadira said sadly.
“Sadira, how could you?” he asked in anger.
Sadira was about to reply when Jasmine cried out for Aladdin’s help.
“Let her out!” Aladdin demanded.
“I can’t, my spell is completely unbreakable,” Sadira said in alarm.
Aladdin looked at her in disgust, “You wanted to kill her? She was your friend, the one you always stood up for you, and YOU WANTED TO KILL HER?”
“I thought it meant getting you back,” Sadira replied.
“Umm… Al, I hate to break up this little shindig but Sadira’s spell is unbreakable by magic, but umm… I’m pretty sure a big wooden stick would do the trick,” Genie hinted pointing to the stick lying on the ground where Jasmine had dropped it.
Aladdin looked up to see Jasmine had completely disappeared under the sand. He ran over and grabbed the stick, smashing the glass. He searched through the sand, but didn’t find Jasmine.
He dove into the broken bits of glass and sand still remaining in the glass. He searched until he felt Jasmine’s body, and he pulled her up. Jasmine coughed violently but never opened her eyes.
Carpet came whizzing in, and scooped up Aladdin who held Jasmine tightly.
“Sadira, I don’t know why you could do this,” Aladdin yelled to her as Carpet flew out of the hovel, Genie following behind.
Sadira just watched as they flew away, and tears started to stream down her face, “I’m so sorry,” she whispered.
“Oh no, my pet, I’m sorry,” Contessa slithered out of the shadows. Sadira turned around in horror.
“Contessa,” Sadira whispered, fear steeling over her eyes.
Contessa circled her, “you let the hero free.”
“I didn’t mean to, I don’t know how they broke the spell, I-,” Sadira tried to protect herself.
“Of course the spell was broken. It was if Aladdin ever gained an overwhelming emotion about his friends, he would be set free,” Contessa raised her voice.
Sadira looked at her in anger, “why would you put a spell on him that could be broken?”
“You stupid girl, you should know there is no spell that can’t be reversed!” Contessa screamed back.
Sadira looked at her then she looked down at her feet, “what are we going to do now?”
Contessa rubbed her chin in thought. “Well, it seems that both my helpers have disappointed me.” Chains appeared around Sadira’s wrists. She looked up at Contessa.
“Let me out of here!” Sadira ordered, trying to make the chains turn into sand so that they would fall to the ground. Every time she did though, they would just reappear.
“Oh no my dear,” Contessa sleuthed, “you’re coming with me.”
With a bright flash both of the women disappeared, leaving behind the empty hovel.

*~*~*~*

Carpet soared into the balcony of Aladdin and Jasmine’s room. Aladdin helped the newly awakened Jasmine off. Jasmine stood up with his help, and looked into his eyes.
“You’re back,” she whispered.
“Yeah,” he replied with a little laugh. “What is it with these villains and their hourglasses?”
Jasmine laughed, and then pulled him into her arms. Aladdin followed through, and when they finally loosened, he kissed her.
“Alright you two, romance movies never sell,” Genie said as he cut in between them. “What we need now is an action filled plan.”
Aladdin and Jasmine looked at each other confusion.
“What are we going to do?” Jasmine asked.
Aladdin thought for a minute, “Well, we have to get through Mozenrath first.”
Jasmine looked up at him. “Mozenrath’s the reason that I escaped from Contessa in the first place.”
Aladdin and Genie looked at her in amazement, “What?” they asked in unison with their jaws dropping.
Jasmine looked at them and smiled, “it’s a long story.”
“Oh, well-, wait, where’s Abu?” Aladdin asked in alarm.
Genie looked up, “Well, uh, the thing is, when you rewrote your past, you kind of made Abu-.”
“ABU’S GONE!” Aladdin wailed.
“No, no Aladdin, he’s not gone. He came back with your memory, but the thing is, he’s more than likely with Contessa,” Jasmine soothed.
Aladdin jumped onto Carpet, “well then, that’s where we’re going.”
Jasmine jumped on after him, followed by Genie. “Aladdin, are you sure we should go so unprepared?”
“I know that Abu’s in trouble, and I’m getting him out of it,” Aladdin said determined. Jasmine knew there was no arguing, and held onto Aladdin’s shoulders as they headed towards the land of the Black Sand.

*~*~*~*

“How could I have picked such fools to help me?” Contessa yelled, and the sound echoed throughout the throne room.
Mozenrath and Sadira stood chained on either side of the throne, with Xerxes and Abu chained right in front of them. Abu chattered nervously and Xerxes just stared at the ground.
“You tried to capture me; did you really expect me to keep helping you after that?” Mozenrath retorted.
Contessa stared down on the sorcerer, but Mozenrath didn’t back down. “I wanted my kingdom back, and unfortunately that meant putting you in containment for awhile. It’s not like I would have kept you there,” Contessa replied.
“Why did you put me there in the first place?” Mozenrath snarled.
Contessa again looked down on him, “would you really have just let me take control of your kingdom?”
Mozenrath stared for a moment, and then looked down on his feet. Contessa smiled at his defeat.
“As for you,” Contessa turned her attention back to Sadira, “I gift-wrapped Aladdin for you, and you still couldn’t keep the princess or genie away from him.”
Sadira became angered, “YOU TWO WERE SUPPOSED TO KEEP JASMINE AND THE REST OF THEM TRAPPED. I AM NOT THE ONE WHO LET THE PRINCESS ESCAPE!”
“No, but you were the one who didn’t get rid of her so that Aladdin would never have the opportunity to break the spell,” Contessa sleuthed, with no hint of anger in her voice.
Mozenrath glared at Sadira, “I still can’t believe that you couldn’t kill the princess.”
“Oh, Mozenrath, and how many times have you succeeded at that task?” Sadira returned.
“Just as many times as I have had the opportunity handed to me on a silver platter,” Mozenrath retorted. Sadira just looked at him, and then down at her feet in defeat.
“Enough of this bickering,” Contessa interrupted, “Aladdin and his crew are more than likely on their way here right now for their little monkey friend.” Contessa looked down on Abu, who just crawled into a ball from fear. “We need to make sure they are all destroyed this time.”
Sadira and Mozenrath looked at each other. “Destroyed,” Sadira started, “I can’t kill any of them.”
“Why not; you nearly killed the princess earlier today?” Contessa sleuthed.
“I wasn’t going to kill her; I just wanted her out of the way. I swear,” Sadira tried to protect her innocence.
Mozenrath laughed in his corner, “I’ll destroy them all. But I want Aladdin especially.”
“NO,” Contessa interrupted, “the hero belongs to me. Mozenrath you shall destroy the princess.”
“You can’t destroy them I won’t let you!” Sadira exclaimed.
Mozenrath and Contessa looked at each other, and smiled.
“Then I guess that you just won’t play a part in the little game,” Contessa laughed.
Sadira felt herself flying through the air and she landed hard against the wall. When she looked up she saw she was trapped by an energy field. Mozenrath and Contessa laughed, and Mozenrath zapped her again.
Sadira’s head ached, and she finally passed out without any protest to their plan.
“Now, you know your role,” Contessa turned back to Mozenrath.
“I shall destroy the princess, and capture the genie. And I’ll make sure I have enough time to see you destroy Aladdin,” Mozenrath menaced.
“This will be so much fun, you kill Aladdin from the inside, and I’ll kill him from the outside,” Contessa cackled. Abu just looked at them in fear, and chattered nervously once again.

*~*~*~*

Carpet soared out over the golden desert, and started slowing when they reached the point where black sand started to mix with the gold.
“We’re getting close,” Aladdin said staring out into the distance.
“As many times as we’ve traveled this route, I would think we’d know exactly how long it took,” Genie joked as he floated behind.
Aladdin made no reaction, and it worried Jasmine.
“Aladdin, what’s wrong?” Jasmine asked him, as she put her hand on his shoulder.
Aladdin looked made no sound at first, then he turned around to look at her. “Jasmine, I don’t want you to go with us into Mozenrath’s kingdom.”
Jasmine gasped at his words, and then her face hardened, “Why?”
“That dream, this is where it took place. I don’t want our dreams coming true under this circumstance,” Aladdin answered, his voice wavering.
“Aladdin, you’ll need all the help you can get, I’m not leaving you alone to face Contessa,” Jasmine argued.
“Jasmine, no, I can’t take the chance of loosing you after all of this,” Aladdin returned.
Jasmine’s eyes began to tear, “Aladdin, I’m not going to argue about this. I’m going in, whether I go with you or not.”
Aladdin was surprised at her out right deliberate disobedience. Jasmine was surprised that Aladdin was telling her what to do. He had never done that.
“Fine, it’s better that you stay with us then travel all around the city by yourself,” Aladdin huffed. He turned from her, and smiled a little. “Stubborn.”
Jasmine heard his faint remark, and a smile spread across her face, “don’t you know it?”
Soon the castle came into view, and they floated above the city to avoid any of the mamlucks or magic detectors. Jasmine shivered from the cold, and Aladdin threw his cape over her shoulders.
“Okay Al, where do you suggest we go now?” Genie asked, as he turned into a large map.
Aladdin peered into some of the windows of the massive castle.
“We need to go to Mozenrath’s throne room, that’s where Contessa was before I think,” Jasmine said.
Carpet soared down a little and peered into one of the large windows of the throne room. There they could all see Contessa and Mozenrath with Abu chained to the throne.

*~*~*~*

“We have company,” Contessa whispered to Mozenrath when she saw the Carpet floating outside one of the windows.
Mozenrath nodded, and acted like he was attached by chains to the throne.
“YOU TRAITOR, HOW COULD YOU HELP THE PRINCESS ESCAPE?” Contessa began to scream at Mozenrath. Mozenrath cringed, and then he winked.
“I’m sorry your highness, I made a mistake, please forgive me,” Mozenrath play bragged.
“YOU’RE SORRY, NOT AS SORRY AS YOU WILL BE!” Contessa shot a blast of magic towards the sorcerer, trapping him against a wall.

*~*~*~*

Jasmine gasped, “We have to help him!”
Aladdin nodded, and Carpet soared into the window, Genie following behind.
“Leave him alone Contessa,” Aladdin ordered as he stood up on the Carpet floating in.
Contessa looked up, and smiled as Aladdin and Jasmine landed on the ground. “Oh, Aladdin, how nice of you to join us,” she sleuthed.
Aladdin placed himself in front of Jasmine, “Contessa, I’m going to-.”
“Ah, ah, ah Aladdin,” Contessa interrupted, “I’d think twice before I go around threatening me.” She picked Abu up by the back of his neck, and placed him in front of her.
“Abu,” Aladdin cried out. Abu struggled and cried out for Aladdin, but it only made Contessa’s grip tighter.
“What do you want Contessa?” Jasmine asked. “And why when Aladdin’s past changed didn’t everything change with it?”
“Oh, princess, how many times do I have to deal with you?” Contessa whined. “It was a very specific spell. I didn’t exactly need the monkey, so I figured getting rid of him with Aladdin’s memory would be the best way. Now, I’m seeing that the little flea bag comes in handy every once in awhile.”
Abu made a face at her, while still struggling against her grip.
“Put the monkey down slowly and put your hands up,” Genie said as he turned into a squad of police men in blue.
Contessa laughed, “Just try it genie let’s see if your aim is as sharp as your mouth.” She held Abu up in the air in front of her, and swung him around.
“Stand down men,” Genie said as the rest of his “army” disappeared.
Contessa laughed, and Aladdin’s brow lowered. He jumped on Carpet and soared towards Contessa as she was distracted by her own laughter. He grabbed Abu out of her hands.
Contessa looked up to see that she had lost the monkey, and growled. “No you don’t,” she screamed as she shot magic up into Carpet.
Aladdin yelled out as he flew right into Genie. Abu screeched as he tumbled into Jasmine, and she caught him.
Carpet floated towards the ground, a massive hole torn in him. Genie floated over, but was zapped back by Contessa.
Aladdin gasped and he tackled Contessa to the ground. “Genie, now!”
Genie zoomed over and placed a huge air tight glass bowl on top of the sorceress. Contessa stood up inside of her cage, and blasted magic at it, but the magic just zinged back towards her.
“That’ll hold you,” Genie mocked. Contessa was enraged and started to beat her fists against the glass.
“Thanks Genie,” Aladdin huffed. Abu screeched happily and ran up onto Aladdin’s shoulder.
Aladdin laughed, and patted his friend on the head, “good to see you two pal.”
Jasmine noticed Sadira stuck in the trap against the wall, and ran over to her.
“Jasmine, please help me!” Sadira begged.
Aladdin came rushing over, and pulled Jasmine away. “No, she’s the real danger here.”
Jasmine nodded, “I can’t Sadira I can’t trust you anymore.”
Sadira’s eyes started to water, “Jasmine please, you can’t just leave me here.”
“No one is going anywhere,” a voice came from the corner of the room. They group turned around to see Mozenrath walk right through the cage that held him before.
“Mozenrath, what do you want?” Aladdin snarled as he confronted him.
Mozenrath laughed, “You and your heroics Aladdin. Did you really think that I would just let you leave with my genie?”
“I’m a free genie kid!” Genie proclaimed proudly.
“Yes, so I’ve come to find out. The thing is, I can still take your magic,” Mozenrath retorted.
“Mozenrath, please, don’t. You helped me escape remember?” Jasmine pleaded.
Mozenrath looked down on her in surprise, but soon his normal menacing expression returned, “A mere point of weakness, princess. Trust me it will never happen again.”
Jasmine backed down in anger. Mozenrath laughed at her.
“You’re forgetting one thing Mozenrath,” Aladdin interrupted as he came over and put his hands on Jasmine’s shoulders, “we have beaten you before, and we can certainly do it again.”
Mozenrath laughed, you may have beaten me before, but never both of us. Mozenrath raised his gauntlet, and simultaneously the glass bowl that held Contessa began to rise also.
Jasmine and Aladdin gasped and held tight to each other. Sadira backed away towards the wall, and then sat with her knees in her hands, “They’re going to kill them.” Abu and Xerxes both stopped struggling with each other on the throne; too look up in wonder and horror.
When Mozenrath had finally finished raising the glass dome, Contessa rose up. She sought out the dome, and smashed it with her magic. Glass went flying everywhere. Jasmine jumped on top of Aladdin so that a sharp shard of the glass didn’t hit him.
A deep, searing pain went up her side once again. She fell to the ground, and held her side tightly. Aladdin went to help her when he was blasted back into the wall next to Sadira.
“Aladdin,” Contessa said sweetly, “did you really think you could defeat me?”
Aladdin just looked at her as he took in heavy breaths. Contessa raised her hand again, but this time Genie jumped in front of Aladdin and the magic bounced off of him after he turned into a mirror. Contessa easily dodged it, but was even angrier than before.
“Mozenrath,” she ordered, “kill the princess.”
Mozenrath laughed, and used his magic to pick the princess up off the ground. Jasmine struggled against his hold, but it didn’t do much.
Aladdin ran to stop Mozenrath, but he was too late. Mozenrath flung Jasmine out of one of the windows, and she was headed for the ground below. “Aladdin, help!” she cried out before she went silent.
“JASMINE!” Aladdin cried. He got up off the ground, and ran to the window. There at the very bottom, he could see Jasmine’s unmoving form on the sand. Carpet tried to fly, but the whole in him wouldn’t allow him. Genie looked down, and gasped. Abu and Xerxes again stopped to watch, neither of them worrying about the other. Sadira gasped in horror at the realization of what had happened.
Aladdin turned, tears were brimming his eyes “you killed her.”
Contessa laughed, “Finally.”
Mozenrath stared in confusion. He had never seen Aladdin like this before, but he had to admit, he was enjoying it a little.
Aladdin shook with anger, and he ran full force into Mozenrath. He tore off the gauntlet, and ripped it into shreds.
Genie floated over to Aladdin, and pulled him off. “Al,-.”
“Go to Jasmine, I’m finishing this on my own,” Aladdin ordered. Genie did as he was told, and scooped Abu and Carpet up and floated down to where Jasmine lay.
Mozenrath, a mere mortal man now, backed up in horror. “Aladdin, I-Contessa told me to, I didn’t want to-.”
Aladdin just punched Mozenrath in the head, making him pass out on the ground. Then he proceeded to walk towards Contessa.
Contessa laughed, “That look suits you Aladdin. Those looks of anguish, grief, and pure hatred.”
“I’m not in the mood for your games,” Aladdin growled towards her. “You have killed Jasmine.”
“She was a bother,” Contessa mocked. Aladdin was so overcome by rage that he didn’t even consider what he did next. He ran towards Contessa, and Contessa raised her arm to blast him back. As soon as she sent the blast, Aladdin ducked down and grabbed a large piece of glass. Contessa’s magic hit it, and it bounced back.
Contessa had no time to react. The magic consumed her, and she screamed in pain. She burned away, and by the time everything died down, she was just an orb staff. Aladdin picked up the staff and broke it in two. A loud scream echoed throughout the room, and then all went silent.
The trap holding Sadira disappeared, and she walked out. She walked up to Aladdin, but he ignored her.
“Mozenrath has escaped,” Sadira whispered. Aladdin looked up suddenly, and realized that the sorceress was right. Mozenrath and Xerxes were gone, nothing left but the shreds of his gauntlet.
Genie floated up with Jasmine in his arms. Carpet floated up after him, obviously Genie had fixed him. Abu came in with Carpet.
Aladdin ran over to Genie and placed Jasmine on Carpet. Aladdin held her close, “she’s not dead.”
“No Al, she’s not,” Genie said.
“Will she wake up?” Aladdin asked pictures of his dream passing before his eyes.
“I don’t know Al,” Genie replied. Abu climbed up on Aladdin’s shoulder, and hugged his neck.
Aladdin began to cry, “We do this all the time. We try to see the best in people, even our enemies. And in the end, we always end up loosing.”
Sadira backed up suddenly. “Yeah, I mean you too Sadira,” Aladdin said, not turning to look at her.
Sadira began to cry, and she ran out of the throne room, “I’m so sorry,” she whispered.
Aladdin felt her leave, and he began to sob. “Jasmine, please, please come back to me.”
Jasmine stirred lightly. She could hear what Aladdin was saying, and could even feel him hold her. Her body didn’t hurt at all, but she couldn’t manage to open her eyes.
Suddenly, her eyes flew open, and hurt spread throughout her whole body. She looked up into Aladdin’s red and swollen eyes. She smiled a little, and watched realization set in on his face.
“Jasmine, you’re alright!” Aladdin yelled, picking her all the way up in his arms.
Jasmine yelped, but couldn’t fight off a laugh, “I will be, after you stop squishing me.”
Aladdin stopped swinging her around, and put her down on Carpet. “I thought I’d lost you.”
“I’ll never leave you, Aladdin,” Jasmine whispered back. Genie, Abu and Carpet started to dance around, and Genie transformed into a huge rocket that exploded into fireworks.
“Where’s Sadira, Mozenrath, or Contessa?” Jasmine asked looking around.
“They’re gone, all of them. They’ll never threaten us again,” Aladdin assured her, as he picked up the shreds of Mozenrath’s gauntlet and pieces of Contessa’s staff.
Jasmine took them from Aladdin’s hands, and threw them back down. “Good, now we can go home.”
Aladdin quickly agreed with her, and jumped on Carpet. “Now we go home,” he echoed.
Abu climbed up on Aladdin’s shoulder, and nestled down. Carpet soared out of the window, and Genie floated behind. Soon enough, the castle was coming into full view.


*~*~*~*

Sadira was walking over the hot desert sands, when she felt a shadow pass over her. She looked up to see Carpet with Aladdin and Jasmine kissing on top of him. Tears were brimming her eyes, but she still smiled. “I’m so sorry,” was all she could say.



Thanks so much for sticking through to the end of this story. It is my longest story yet, but I’m also thinking it’s my best. I tried to keep to the personas of the characters, along with adding a couple of my own personalities, such as Contessa. I’m hoping that you enjoyed this adventure, and that everything made sense to you.
Please, I do no own any of these characters except for Contessa, and Prince Hain and Ian, and Princess Camilla. I am in no way a part of the Disney team.
ENJOY, and tell me what you think.