Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
3 Angry Women by Soraya Summers
[Reviews - 4] Printer

- Text Size +

3 Angry Women

The sharp wind swirled by as two men quietly swung a rope over a high balcony wall. Unaware of their fate, the men began to steadily climb the rope.

“Well, Haroud, what are you waiting for? Climb?!” Abis Mal, a short, rather large man ordered to his associate.

“Why thank you, sir!” Haroud began. “The thrill of victory and revenge shall be mine.”

“No! I'll go. This is my revenge, not yours. Mine!” The short man said angrily and grabbed the flimsy rope from the taller, skinnier man. Pleased with the manipulation of his boss, Haroud smiled as he watched the heavier man climb to what could be his doom.

“Haroud, you sure this rope is going to hold?” Abis Mal called down to his confidante.

“Yessir! You can afford to loose a few pounds, though,” Haroud mumbled to himself.

“I heard that!” the other whispered loudly. Abis Mal struggled and finally climbed up to the railing of the balcony. Peeking over the top, he noticed a few servant women and two small bassinets. The gate-like doors to the balcony were locked as Abis Mal pulled himself over the railing.

“Haroud!”

“Yes, sir?”

“I'm stuck! Help me,” Abis Mal cried.

“Sir, I can't. The guards are coming this way,” Haroud answered, throwing the rope up onto the balcony and running behind some bushes that decorated the bare walls of the palace. When the guards passed by, Haroud came out and looked for Abis Mal. From on top of the balcony came a big thud as Abis Mal fell over the side of the railing, landing on the hard marble floor of the balcony.

“Ouch!”

“Sir, are you ok?”

“Yes–no--thanks to you, Haroud!” Abis Mal snapped. After dusting himself off, Abis Mal slowly opened the doors to the bedroom from the balcony. They squeaked loudly, and he jumped back and screamed. The servants inside were too busy humming amongst themselves to hear anything. They carefully took each child out of its bassinet, bathed it and tucked it in. After the children were put into bed, the servants stoked the fire and sat down talking.

Crawling along the wall Abis Mal came to the closest bassinet. He slowly stood up and looked around. No one was visible from where he stood. He quickly reached into the bassinet and picked up the small baby. Running back out to the balcony he slipped and flew to the railing. The small child in he carried laughed and flared it arms.

“Um Haroud.... A little help!”

“What would you like me to do, sir? Fly up there?” Haroud asked. The child slipped from Abis Mal's hands and flew toward the ground. Regaining his balance, Abis Mal stood up and closed his eyes. He slowly leaned over the railing and saw the baby resting in Haroud's arms.

“Nice catch!” Abis Mal said to Haroud, giving a thumbs up. Shaking his head, Haroud stepped out of the moonlight as Abis Mal climbed down the rope.

“Now, let’s go. My hands are getting all clammy,” Abis Mal added as the two men sneaked out of the palace and rode through the city.

@---}-----}--

“This is so nice,” Jasmine said as Aladdin led her to her seat.

“We haven't been alone for awhile.”

“I knew you'd like it,” Aladdin smiled. Jasmine sat upon a pillow surrounding the dinner table and sighed with relief. “No crying of any kind, just you and me.”

Sitting across from Jasmine Aladdin leaned over to kiss his wife. The stars were shinning brighter then ever and the moon was at its fullest.

“Maybe we should eat outside tonight,” Aladdin said standing up.

“No way. It’s too cold out,” Jasmine smirked, rubbing the sides of her arms. “The fire seems to be calling me.” Jasmine got up and sat on a pillow by the fire.

“Ok, then. Dinner by fire light,” Aladdin smiled and sat down next to her. He put his arm around her and they watched the flames dance in the fireplace. Putting her head on his shoulder Jasmine closed her eyes. “What a perfect night!”

@---}---}--

“Well, now. Let’s see how the little ones are,” one of the servant women said in the midst of a conversation. She arose from her chair and walked to the bassinets. She reached into the first and pulled the blanket over the sleeping princess. Walking over to the second she noticed only a little toy remand. “By Allah!” The woman screamed. The others stood up quickly and ran over to the empty bassinet.

“The prince! The precious prince is gone!” they screamed, shaking their heads. The women scattered around the room hoping to find him if he had crawled out. No such luck came, and then they called the guards.

@---}---}--

The doors of the dining room burst open and two guards ran in. Turning around, Aladdin and Jasmine saw them rush over.

“Princess–Aladdin--we have bad news,” one of the guards announced.

“Oh, no. What?” Aladdin asked, standing up.

“The prince is missing. He is no were to be found,” the other guard responded. Jasmine stood up and ran out of the room. Aladdin called after her, but she could not hear him. She pulled opened the doors to her bedroom and picked up her daughter who was crying.

“What wrong with her?” Jasmine asked.

“We don't know. As soon as her brother was taken, she began to cry,” one of the servant women said.

“How could you let this happen?!” Jasmine sobbed as the women backed away.

“We did not see. The children were asleep and we only turned away to stoke the fire!” The head servant remarked.

“Get out of my sight!” Jasmine yelled angrily as the women rushed out of the room, running into Aladdin.

Jasmine sat upon the floor rocking her daughter back and forth as tears fell from her eyes. Confronting her, Aladdin knelt down and hugged them.

“We locked the city gates so no one is allowed out unless they are checked by the guards,” Aladdin said holding Jasmine tightly. She could tell he was just as upset as she was.

“My son!” Jasmine cried, ”my son is gone!”

@---}---}--

“Well, now what do we do, sir?” Haroud asked as the guards closed the gates to the city and stopped the merchants before them. They checked each and everything the travelers were leaving with. Haroud looked down at the child in his arm. “Maybe we can convince them this child’s our catch of the day!” Haroud sighed pulling on his horse’s reigns.

“Come on, to our old hideout!” Abis Mal ordered.

The two men left the line of caravans. They headed down the dirty street to an abandoned building. The heavy metal door screeched with age as Abis Mal pushed it open with great force, falling right through it and onto the stone floor of the building. The baby Haroud carried began to stir and cry.

“What’s wrong with it, Haroud?”

“Maybe it needs to be changed!” Haroud answered, handing the baby to Abis Mal.

“You carry it so you change it,” Abis Mal remarked, stepping away and holding his nose. Sighing, Haroud changed the child. “I guess that’s all he needed!” Haroud said, wrapping the infant in the blanket he was taken with.

“Now what?” Abis Mal asked.

“Well, we can't go out now, sir. The guards are sure to stop us. We'll go in the morning.”

After building a small fire, Abis Mal and Haroud laid down on and went to sleep. It seemed like only a couple of minutes had gone by as the sun came up. When the two men had awoken, they scurried outside of the house and down toward the beach.

“Why the beach?” Abis Mal asked rubbing his eyes.

“Because it’s the only place the guards aren't roaming!” Haroud snapped, holding the crying child in his hand. Walking closer to the river, Haroud found a basket and put the child inside the basket before handing it to Abis Mal.

“Now, sir, just hold the basket like this,” Haroud said picking up the small handles on the side.

“Give me that! I know how to hold a basket!” Abis Mal protested.

“Now sir, what shall I write to the Sultan?”

Clearing his throat Abis Mal began:

“Sultan, We have your grand...”

“Son,” Haroud said.

“Grandson. If you want him back,” Abis Mal motioned in the air, placing the basket down on the sand, “you must surrender to me. I also expect a welcoming committee at the palace gates and a feast awaiting my arrival. Oh, and be sure to add to little cream filled candy things--”

“You can decide about the food later!” Haroud cut in angrily.

“But I like those little things! They are kind of like pies with surprises inside,” Abis Mal whimpered.

“Try to concentrate on what we are doing here.”

“Fine!” Abis Mal sighed. “Yours truly, Abis Mal.”

“You can't end a ransom note in 'yours truly’!” Haroud explained.

“But I always us that expression. It’s a favorite of mine!”

“How about, 'signed, Abis Mal’,” Haroud suggested.

“Fine. We'll do it your way, Mr. Goody Two Shoes! But there better be cream filled candies!”

“Yes sir, what ever you...” Haroud paused and looked out behind Abis Mal. “Sir, where is the child?”

“He’s right here,” Abis Mal pointed to the ground where the basket had once been. “At least it was here!”

“The tide came in!” Haroud yelled, running down the riverbank. “we've got to get that run away basket.” Before them stood a rather long bridge leading to the other side of the river. Haroud ran across it and reached down. Walking behind him, Abis Mal slipped and Haroud fell into the water, missing the basket.

“Well, don't just float there! Go after it!” Abis Mal yelled.

“I would sir, if I knew how to swim!” Haroud yelled, floating down the stream. He grabbed onto some passing rocks and climbed upon them, looking into the horizon and seeing the basket float away.

“Well?” Abis Mal asked and crossed his arms.

“Well, we better follow it!” Haroud said, jumping onto the land. The two men ran to their horses and exited the city.

@---}---}--

“Any luck?” Aladdin asked the weary guards.

“No. We searched all night. Whoever took the prince is not in this city anymore,” a guard said, stepping forward.

“all right. Just keep me posted!” Aladdin ordered.

“Well?” Jasmine asked, walking in as the guards strode past her. “They think they found him,” Aladdin lied.

Holding a small bear belonging to her son, Jasmine sat down at the breakfast table. She stared blankly at the tabletop with her head down as breakfast was being served.

“aren't you going to eat?” Aladdin asked. Shaking her head, Jasmine sighed and clutched the stuffed animal tighter.

“I told you they found him,” Aladdin smiled.

“No, you said they think they found him!” she replied. After breakfast, Aladdin stopped in to see Jasmine. She sat on a chair holding her daughter and nodded as Aladdin walked in.

“I'm going out. I'll be back soon!” Aladdin said, kissing both Jasmine and his daughter on the head. He walked out of the room and through the palace doors. Night fell, and Jasmine was getting worried.

“How soon is soon?” she asked Abu who shrugged. “How soon is soon to Aladdin, then?” she asked again and received the same answer. After calling the guards to search for him, Aladdin returned--exhausted--from his 'eventful’ day.

“Where have you been?!” Jasmine demanded.

“You won't believe what happened to me today. I took a walk through the market place, and this woman came up to me. She um... asked me if I could help her get her cat out of the date tree,” Aladdin begin.

“That was the stupidest story I've every heard!” Jasmine exclaimed, “you're lying!”

“No, not on purpose!” Aladdin slipped.

“What?”

“Oh, Jasmine, I didn't want to get you more upset then you currently are.”

“What do you mean?!” Jasmine gasped expecting the worst.

“They haven't found Ali yet. I've searched all day by the river bank and in the market place...all over,” Aladdin said, staring at the floor. “I don't know what to do!” he yelled, throwing the pillow next to him at the wall. “I'm not about to give up!” Just as the pillow hit the wall, there came a knock on the bedroom door.

“Enter,” Jasmine said as two large guards entered the room.

“We found this note by the shore!” one of the guards announced and handed the note to Aladdin.

“Abis Mal!” Aladdin shouted.

“What? Abis Mal took Ali?” Jasmine asked.

“Yup, and I bet I know what they did with him.”

“What, Aladdin?” Jasmine asked as the guards left.

“They probably took him to another kingdom to hide until we respond,” Aladdin answered.

“Well, then there is only one thing to do!” Jasmine began. “I'll go find him.”

“Are you crazy?” Aladdin asked.

“No!” Jasmine replied, packing what she needed for her journey.

“Who will take care of Aliyyah?” Aladdin asked holding his daughter.

“You will,” Jasmine said, kissing her daughter. “Use you fatherly instincts,” she smiled. “I'll be back as soon as I can.”

“He could be anywhere!” Aladdin exclaimed.

“I know. That’s why I'm gonna check every city along the shoreline,” Jasmine said, kissing Aladdin goodbye.

“Let me go!” Aladdin refused.

“No. You've got to help my father!”

“At least don't go alone,” Aladdin said.

“I'm a big girl. I can defend myself,” Jasmine smiled, walking out the door with Aladdin following her. Reaching the stables, Jasmine saddled a horse and set out along the shoreline as the sun rose.

@---}---}--

Following the river, the two men rode out of the territory they were used to and into the great beyond.

“Maybe we should just forget the kid!” Abis Mal announced in a tired voice.

“Why are you so tired, sir? The horse is doing all the work!” Haroud stated.

“It’s hot out, my shirt is sticking to me, and the river stops here!” Abis Mal complained.

“We'll just have to enter this city, then,” Haroud said, riding toward the city gates.

“I'm too tired to walk!” Abis Mal yelled. Haroud mumbled under his breath. The strangers entered the Egyptian City and walked to the shoreline.

“See anything, Haroud?” Abis Mal asked.

“I wouldn't know, sir. you're in my way!” Jumping from his horse, Abis Mal searched one side of the banks and, Haroud, the other. After hours of searching, they found nothing.

“Well, now what?” Abis Mal asked.

“Look, sir, the river goes a bit farther down,” Haroud announced, pointing to a man-made cut off section of the river leading to a large home. Walking closer they realized women were bathing.

“What are you waiting for, Haroud? Get in there and see if the child is there!” Abis Mal shouted, pushing Haroud under the gate. Grabbing some servant women’s clothes, he walked past them, turning his head toward the wall.

“Miss!” called one of the bathing women, “Fetch me my towel!”

“Yes, mistress!” Haroud said in a high pitched voice. Walking into the tall palace, Haroud hid behind a wall leading to the bathing area. A woman ran by with a basket in her hand and quickly Haroud jumped in front of her. She screamed and dropped the basket of grapes.

“This is the kind of thing Abis Mal would do!” Haroud thought. From within the bathing area came a cry. The women dressed and sat out on the balcony staring at the child one of them had found floating in a basket. They excitedly ran down the hallway with the child. Sneaking back out, Haroud told Abis Mal about what he had seen.

“So, they did find the baby?” Abis Mal asked.

“Yes, sir. Now, how do we get him back?” Haroud asked. The two men spent the night by the riverbank and when morning came, the town crier called out the news. The first event was about a young son being found in the river. The crier stated that if no one claimed him he would belong to the women who had found him. Right away Haroud and Abis Mal knew their mission. They sneaked to the house and sat outside the door.

“Now, what do we do?” Abis Mal asked.

“I did my part, sir!” Haroud said, handing Abis Mal the servant clothes he had taken. Abis Mal hid behind a pillar and placed the women’s clothing over his own. He then walked to the front door of the large Egyptian style house and knocked. Not long after he knocked did a maid of the house opened the door. “Yes?” She said in a deep voice, looking oddly at the short, pudgy woman standing below her.

“Hi!” Abis Mal began in a high-pitched voice. “I believe you found my son. I've been worried about him for days and when our raft tipped over, I thought I'd never see him again!”

“What does he look like?” asked the women.

“Well, he’s the size of a baby and he has little feet and hands...oh, and he’s a boy!” Abis Mal replied in the high pitched voice. “Better luck next time!” The woman said, slamming the door. Haroud rolled his eyes behind a pillar.

“What?” Abis Mal asked, taking off the women’s clothing.

“You are the biggest Mor...,”

“Moron?” Abis Mal interrupted.

“Quite correct, sir!” Haroud nodded. “we've got to think of another way to get that child.”

“Maybe we can hire someone to get him,” Abis Mal said.

“Why not?” Haroud sighed.

@---}---}--

Jasmine stopped at the first city along the riverbank. Climbing off her horse, she began to ask the townsfolk for help. After asking each person about whether or not they had seen her son, Jasmine received no for an answer. Finally, a young girl overheard Jasmine talking to a merchant and recognized the men Jasmine was describing.

“Miss, I've seen those two men pass through the city just yesterday!” The girl about twelve years old said, tugging on Jasmine’s sleeve.

“You have?” Jasmine asked, kneeling to her level.

“Yes, they rode on horseback down through the bank chasing after something floating by in a basket,” the little girl smiled.

“A basket?” Jasmine asked making sure she heard right.

“Yes. I went down to the bank to fetch some water when they rode passed and knocked me down!”

“Thank you so much!” Jasmine said, patting the girl on the head and giving her a pouch filled with gold coins. The little girl thanked her and ran off.

“I wonder how far they traveled!” Jasmine said to herself.

@---}---}–

Back in Agrabah, Aladdin was holding his daughter near the warm fireplace. She continued to cry since her mommy left and Aladdin had no idea what to do. He rocked her back and forth, gave her stuffed animals, and shushed her hoping she'd fall asleep, but nothing worked.

“Do you miss mommy?” Aladdin asked the child, holding her in the air. She continued to cry as Aladdin tried to put her to sleep again.

@---}---}--

“All you have to do, miss, is go up to the house, tell them it’s your son, and ask for him!” Haroud said to the confused woman standing before him.

“Why would I want to do that?” she asked for the third time.

“We are going to pay you remember?” Abis Mal asked.

“Oh yeah!” The woman snorted with laughter and walked up to the front door. When she was about to knock on the door she turned around and yelled:

“What am I supposed to do again?”

Looking at each other, Haroud and Abis Mal shook their heads and motioned for her to come back to them. Haroud explained again and the women walked back up to the door and knocked. The servant of the house came to the door and looked strangely at the tall light skinned, red-haired women standing before her. “I've heard you've found my son!” The redhead said looking into the house.

“Your son?” The woman who opened the door asked.

“Yup!”

“So tell me, mom, how did you lose him?”

“He...um went for a swim. I was at the beach and I guess the current was too strong for him,” The redhead replied.

“You obviously have the wrong child!” The servant said angrily. As she shut the door the redheaded girl put her foot out.

“Wait, I need him!” The girl cried.

“Ok, you go wait by those gates and I'll bring him out,” the servant said, smiling, and shut the door. Pleased with her actions, the young woman walked back down to the gates of the house.

“Well?” Abis Mal whispered to her.

“She told me to wait here for the child,” the girl replied.

“What did you tell her?” Haroud asked.

“I went to the beach and he went for a swim. Then the current was to strong and carried him away,” the girl smiled.

“No! Babies can't swim,” Haroud yelled.

“Nice going!” Abis Mal replied as the girl ran off in tears.

“Some people are so stupid!” Abis Mal cried.

“Yes, kinda hits close to home doesn't it, sir?” Haroud asked with a smirk.

“What does?” Abis Mal asked.

“Oh, never mind, sir!”

@---}---}---

Continuing on with her search, Jasmine stopped at the small villages along the riverbank only to find she had missed the kidnapers. Day was turning into night as Jasmine entered the last Egyptian style kingdom, which led to the end of the river. She was too tired to go on, so she climbed off her horse and sat against the city walls. Soon her eyes felt heavy and she fell asleep.

@---}---}---

As night fell, the little princess was still crying. Aladdin, the servants, and Genie took care of her.

“Maybe she’s hungry!” Genie said, making a bottle appear in his hand.

“No, she can't be. we've tried everything. I hope Jasmine comes home soon!” Aladdin exclaimed collapsing on a chair, “Now I know what she goes through.”

@---}---}---

The next day, Abis Mal and Haroud overheard that the child was to be brought to the king to be adopted by the family who had found him.

“What can we do?” Abis Mal asked.

“Try to get him back, sir!”

“How?” Abis Mal asked.

“You'll simply have to pose as a woman again, sir, and then go to the king and lay claim to the child!” Haroud replied.

“I've tried that already!” Abis Mal said.

“Trust me, sir.”

@---}---}---

Jasmine woke up early and headed into the busy city. People scampered about buying and selling goods with each other. Passing the main square of the town, she noticed a group of people gathered around the town crier.

“Hear ye, hear ye! One and all!” the man began. “There shall be a banquet for the King’s birthday. All shops will be closed A marriage ceremony will take place on Thursday and, in final news, the lost child has not been claimed and will be brought to the King to be adopted!” The crier finished, and stepped off of the podium.

“A lost child?!” Jasmine said aloud. “That must be Ali! Excuse me, sir?” Jasmine asked a young man that was walking buy with his goods.

“Yes?”

“Where does your King live?”

“In the palace. Everyone knows that!” the man replied and walked away, shaking his head.

“Right. The palace!” Jasmine said to herself looking up at the stone palace before her. It was quite different from the ones she'd seen. Tall with square towers and no main doors. Only a long hallway that could be seen for miles that was held by sand colored square pillars, which led in two directions to the different towers. She began her way up the many long steps to the hallway, leaving her horse on ground level by the stairs. Guards stood by each pillar as far as she could see. “I'm sorry to bother you, but,” she said to one of the guards who was dressed silk and topaz colored beads, “I would like to speak with you king, where could I---“

“Our King does not like to be bothered unless you are called by him,” the guard replied, standing at his post.

“But if I could---“

“No!” The guard yelled, pointing toward the stairs.

“I demand you let me talk to him! I am the princess of Agrabah, a kingdom not far from here,” The guard looked at her strangely as she pulled the hood from her cape off to reveal her crown.

“I'll speak to him, but he is busy right now.”

“Well, if you could please tell him I'm here, I'd be most grateful,” Jasmine said in a civil voice.

“Very well,” the guard said, walking toward the right tower motioning for her to follow. As she walked through the doors, Jasmine saw the huge sand colored walls decorated with gold paintings and pottery. The large blue and gold colored doors before her resembled that of the doors to her fathers throne room. These doors were open and the guard told her to wait while he entered the room.

@---}---}---

Abis Mal, dressed as a woman, sneaked into the palace and walked down to the giant blue and gold doors that lay before him. The doors were open and he peeked in and saw a woman holding a small child and a man sitting on a throne holding a scroll. “I declare this baby to be---“

“No!” said a strange voice from the doors of the throne room.

“Can I help you?” The King asked as a short, pudgy woman walked into the room.

“My son!” she said happily, running toward the woman holding the child.

“No, my son!” the woman holding the child said.

“This is your son?” The King asked the short pudgy woman.

“Yes, my baby!” she said, trying to grab the child from the other woman’s arms.

“You had your chance. He’s mine!”

“I've missed him so much. Give him to me!” the short woman yelled, jumping up and down, trying to grab the child.

“King Solomon,” a guard said,

“Yes?” an older voice answered as Jasmine walked closer to the doors.

“A woman outside who claims to be the Princess of Agrabah is here to see you,” the guard replied standing up.

“Agrabah...ah yes! Send her in!” The King said and motioned for the guard to bring her in to see him. “If you'll excuse me of a moment,” the King said to his company. The short woman gasped in horror and backed up into the shadows. Jasmine walked into the room and bowed before the king.

“Princess Jasmine!” The King began, ”How is your father?”

“How do you know my father?” she asked the elderly tall man standing before her with a scroll in his hand.

“He came to me and inquired about trade between or kingdoms when you were but a child,”

“Oh, he’s quite well,” Jasmine smiled.

“That is good news! So, what brings you here?” The King asked.

“My son has been stolen from me. Someone has kidnapped him, and I've traced their tracks to your kingdom. I've heard a lost child was to be brought to you today,” Jasmine said.

“Yes, he’s here. So are two others that claim to be the child’s mother,” King Solomon replied.

“What?!” Jasmine asked, looking at the tall woman standing to her left. She had shoulder length straight black hair, she wore a white silk gown with beads of all colors decorating her shoulders and neck. The woman behind her was against the wall looking away. She was short and heavy with curly black hair; she had black eyeliner on and beads hanging from her hair.

“What can I do to prove he’s my son?” Jasmine asked.

“I will give you five minutes to decided amongst yourselves who this child belongs to. If you don't I shall--” Solomon replied. He took the child from the tall woman’s hand, sat back on his throne and turned over the hourglass by him.

“I found him! You two had your three days to claim him!” The tall woman yelled.

“How was I supposed to know when I don't even live here?!” Jasmine yelled back.

“Well, that’s too bad for you isn't it? Many people have tried to fool my servants and I into thinking he’s their child. How do I know you aren't doing the same thing?!” The tall woman asked.

“Why would I come from another kingdom to get a lost baby?” Jasmine snapped.

“Maybe you are going to sell him as a slave?”

“Do I look like a slave trader to you?!” Jasmine yelled.

“Maybe,” the tall woman smirked. “What about you? What’s your story?” the woman asked the short one behind her.

“Oh, me...I, um....I was bathing my dear little son when three young boys came up to me and took him away! I chased them for what seemed and eternity until they ran into your house!” the short woman answered in a high pitched voice.

“You are lying. There are no children in my house!” the taller woman protested. “I found him floating in the river when the servants increased the water flow to the bath!”

“don't I know you?” Jasmine asked, looking curiously as the short woman before her.

“No, I've never seen you before! Now, if you could just give me my son back I leave--“

“Time’s up!” King Solomon announced. “Did you decide yet?”

“No sir,” Jasmine said turning to face the King.

“Well, then there is one thing left to do!” Solomon began, “We shall cut the child in three ways and you each take a piece!”

“What?” The three women said in unison.

“Forget it, then!” the tall woman said, walking out of the room.

“I guess we will have to cut him in half now!” Solomon added.

“No, please!” Jasmine cried.

“I'm sorry. That’s the only way,” Solomon said, calling him guards. Jasmine didn't know what to do. She felt numb all over. The thought of her son cut in half was not only gruesome, but also incomprehensible.

“No, wait!” Jasmine cried out again. Solomon turned to her.

“Yes?”

“I can't stand the thought of my son being harmed. Please, let her take him!” Jasmine said, pointing to the woman in front of her with tears running down her face.

“Very well, then. It is decided,” King Solomon said, walking toward the woman with the child in his hands. Jasmine fell to the floor holding her face in her hands. The short pudgy woman jumped up and cheered with glee.

“I've missed my little boy so much!” she said. With the child in his arms King Solomon walked right past the short woman and to Jasmine.

“Only a true mother would do anything she could to save her child!” he announced kneeling down to Jasmine’s level and reaching out a free hand. He pulled her up and placed the child in her hands. Jasmine wiped her tears away as some of them fell on her sons cheek and he cooed with happiness.

@---}---}---

“Shh, please, Aliyyah!” Aladdin said, picking the baby up and cradling her with one arm and holding royal documents in another. "I have to read these over for you grandfather, now be quiet!" Aladdin added.

“Mommy will be home soon, I promise!” Aladdin walked out into the garden with his daughter and sat on a stone bench. All became quiet, and the little princess began to laugh. “Maybe all she wanted was to get out of that room!” Aladdin smiled kissing, Aliyyah’s hand.

@---}---}---

“Thank you,” Jasmine whispered.

The short woman headed toward the doors leading to the throne room and walked behind Jasmine as she was backing up. Unaware of what was about to happen, Jasmine put her foot down on the short woman’s dress. The woman kept running as the dress tore off and the black wig fell to the ground.

“I knew that I'd seen her before! Abis Mal!” Jasmine shouted.

“Stop him!” The king shouted to the guards in the hallway who seized him and found Haroud hiding behind a pillar in the hallway.

“For fraud and trickery, I banish you the stables where you will clean the horses until I have found you worthy to be free!” King Solomon laughed as the guards pulled the two men away.

“Thank you again!” Jasmine praised, holding the infant close to her.

“I knew you were the child’s mother the whole time. I was just waiting for her--I mean--him to talk,” Solomon smiled.

“Why is that?” Jasmine asked.

“He does that high pitched voice thing very well. I get a kick out of it!” Solomon and Jasmine both laughed.

END

Disclaimer: This story is based upon the tale of the wisest man in the world, King Solomon.