Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
The Switch by Meesh
[Reviews - 4] Printer

- Text Size +
[b][u]The Switch[/u]
By: Michelle S.[/b]

All characters belong to Disney. There is no money/profit being made off of this story.



Aladdin and Jasmine were at the fountain in Jasmine's garden. They had just spent a night on the magic carpet in the blue diamond-filled sky. It is extremely late, and everything around them is silent. All of Agrabah is asleep except for them.

"What a night," Jasmine leaned her head against Aladdin's shoulder, "Thanks."
"Any time. You know I love being with you," Aladdin answered. Jasmine yawned and her eyes closed. Aladdin saw this, "I think we should go into the palace and get some rest."
"That's a good idea," Jasmine said faintly. Jasmine fell asleep on her way to her room. Aladdin had to almost drag her there.
"Good night," Aladdin tucked Jasmine in and went to his room.
"Good night," she returned in her sleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Meanwhile.........................

There was a hard knock on Sadira's door, "Open up!"
Startled, Sadira flew from her covers and tiptoed to her door, where the voice was still demanding her to open the door, 'Should I open it?' Sadira thought to herself, 'No. It could be a guard. But, I didn't steal anything today!'
"I know you're in there! Open up!" the voice yelled.
'How does he know I'm in here, and who is he? Should I ask who it is? No. I shouldn't."
"Fine! You've left me no choice!"
'What?' Sadira asked herself, 'What is going on here?'
Her thoughts were rudely interrupted when the door was knocked down by a large shot of blue magic. Sadira took running for her window. She had to escape somehow! 'What is going on? Who would do this?'
She almost made it to the window, but another shot of blue magic surrounded her. She rose up about 3 feet from the ground. She turned to look at what was going on. There, with the blue magic coming from his gauntlet, was Mozenrath!
"I've heard of you!" Sadira shook her finger at Mozenrath.
"I'm sure you have, since you're friends with that streetrat and spoiled princess!"
"You're Mozenrath!"
"Yes, as a matter of fact, I am!"
"What do you want?"
Mozenrath dropped Sadira right on her rump, "I need you to do a spell. You are a sand witch, are you not?"
"I am. What kind of spell?"
"A switching spell. You know. You used it once to switch with the princess. Everyone forgot who they were. Only, it must work on the animals!"
"What? Why would you want me to do a spell like that? And with who?"
"I want you to do the spell on Aladdin and Jasmine. Only, I switch with Aladdin. You switch with Jasmine."
"Ew! That would mean you and I would be fiance's! That's gross! Besides, Aladdin and Jasmine are my friends. I'd never do anything to harm them. I've changed."
"That's where you're wrong. You will do this spell for me. I have ways of making you do my will!"
"Like what?"
"Like this!" Mozenrath shot out blue magic towards Sadira.
Sadira shouted out in pain, "AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!" Mozenrath dropped her on her front. She wearily tried to stand up.
"You know, if you refuse, I could just kill you and ask a different sand witch, who would easily and willingly grant me my request." He threateningly withdrew another ball of blue magic around his glove and pointed it at Sadira, "So, what is it? Will you? If it makes you feel any better, the streetrat and his princess won't be hurt unless they decide to steal something from the marketplace...... Well?"
"Fine," Sadira sighed sorrowfully, "I'll do it."
"Ah, I was hoping you would say that. Come now. Let's get started!"
Sadira led Mozenrath over to her spellbook and started flipping through.
"This better not be a trick," Mozenrath sneered, "I said what I want. Anything else, and it's over for you."
"I know. I know," Sadira found the page she was looking for, "Here it is."
"And the animals won't remember who they really are, right?"
"Of course. I found what I did wrong last time."
"Good."
Sadira knew that she couldn't possibly betray her friends, so she twisted the spell a bit. She started chanting the words and threw magic dust upon Agrabah out of her window, "When Jasmine and Aladdin wake up, they'll be in the streets. That'll be a few hours."
"I'll wait, but you better not have been mistaken by that spell! And, you better not be conning against me!"
"I know," Sadira sighed. She hoped Mozenrath wouldn't figure out the twist she had made to the spell. Aladdin and Jasmine would still remember who they were. Maybe they could somehow rescue her and Agrabah from Mozenrath's clutches. All Sadira knew was that there was trouble ahead.... And an adventure!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jasmine rubbed her eyes open at dawn. She looked around her and was instantly startled, "Gah! Where am I?" She was in the marketplace!
"You're in the marketplace, young street mouse," a merchant walking by informed her, "You have been for all of your life."
All of my life?!!!! Jasmine was very confused, What's going on here? she thought to herself, Where's Aladdin? She looked around and at herself, I'm wearing rags! What on Earth?!!! I have to find Aladdin! Jasmine looked up and saw she just about a block away from the palace's entrance. She walked over to it. There was Aladdin, trying to get in. The guard claimed to not know him and didn't let him in.
"Aladdin!" Jasmine called Aladdin.
Aladdin turned around, "Jasmine! I'm so glad I found you! What are you doing out here?"
"I don't know! The strangest thing happened! I don't know what it was exactly, but nobody recognizes me as a princess! And I have no clue where these rags came from!"
"The same thing happened to me! But, I woke up in Mozenrath's citadel with his clothes on! I rode over here on a horse looking for help, but even the guards don't know me!"
"Let's hope it stays that way while we're on the streets," Jasmine knew that guards are just looking for troublemakers.
"What do you suppose happened?"
"I don't know. I say we should go get a drink from the spring. I'm extremely thirsty! Then, we'll try to figure all of this out."
"If you say so. It's this way," Aladdin thought that he should stay close to the palace just in case Abu, Genie, or anyone else decided to come out and look for him. But, Jasmine is always right! So, he listened to her.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mozenrath was sitting on the throne to Agrabah. He had tricked the sultan into going on a two week trip.... A trip to his fate! Lets just say that Mozenrath was very pleased with himself. Nobody was in the way now! All he had to do was marry "Princess" Sadira, and he would be sultan! (He had to admit that marrying Sadira was kind of gross, but he was desperate to rule Agrabah and finally defeat his arch enemies.)
"Oh, Genie!" Mozenrath summoned Genie, "Get me Xerxes please.
Genie saluted and flew away to fetch Mozenrath's flying eel. Mozenrath snickered to himself, "Once I am sultan, I will also take the magic out of that genie!"
"You're sick," Sadira sulked on her little seat. Mozenrath chained her to her seat, "I just can't wait until you're finished with me."
"Soon enough, I will be. Then, I won't need you anymore."
"You don't mean you're gonna'-"
"Kill you? Of course I will! I can't have you using your magic to stop me after I become sultan, and I certainly don't want you by my side for the rest of my life!"
Sadira moaned. She was becoming desperate for a rescue.
Genie came back in with Xerxes. Mozenrath thanked him, "Thank you Genie. Now go on and see tot it that the monkey and the bird bathe."
"Yes sir!" Genie left to Abu and Iago.
"Now, Xerxes," Mozenrath turned to his eel, "I want you to find Aladdin and the princess and make sure they're killed or thrown in the dungeon. Understand me?"
"Yes master," Xerxes flew away.
"Hey!" Sadira turned to Mozenrath, infuriated, "You promised Aladdin and Jasmine wouldn't get hurt!"
"Villains never keep their words," Mozenrath teased, "Get used to it."
Sadira sulk even more. Now there was less hope for her rescue. But, maybe she was underestimating them!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are we almost there?" Jasmine asked Aladdin, "It has seemed like we've been walking all day! The sun is blazing hot!"
"We're about halfway there. If we see a merchant selling water, we'll try to get some. Even though we don't have money."
"Half way?!!" Jasmine sighed, "I can make it. I'm not that hot."
"Guards! Guards!" A merchant beside Aladdin and Jasmine yelled.
Aladdin and Jasmine looked at each other. Why would someone be yelling for guards if nothing happened?
The guards ran up to the merchant. The merchant kept going frantic, "Guards! These two are murderers! Kill them!" The merchant pointed right to Aladdin and Jasmine.
The guards looked at Aladdin and Jasmine. Jasmine gasped, "We would never kill anyone! You must be mistaken!"
Razoul turned to the merchant, "Do you have proof of this?"
"Look at his sword!"
Razoul snatched the sword from Aladdin's belt. There was red liquid on it. Aladdin and Jasmine could tell it was fake. How did it get there anyway? The two of them knew that they were being set up.
Razoul pointed to the two, "Kill them, Men!"
Aladdin grabbed Jasmine's hand and started running. Jasmine looked back. The merchant turned into Xerxes!
Jasmine gasped, "Aladdin! I know who it is!"
"Save your breath, Jasmine! Keep running!"
"Don't let them get away!" Razoul yelled.
Aladdin was a great deal faster than Jasmine, but Jasmine was still a safe distance from the guards.
"Come one, Jasmine!" Aladdin yelled.
"Don't worry! I'm still running! I'm okay!" Jasmine kept running. Aladdin and Jasmine continuously ran into those who were walking on the streets in a desperate run for their lives. Aladdin knew all of the shortcuts and tricks to use in Agrabah, but Jasmine didn't. Therefore, he couldn't possibly use any of them at the danger that he could possibly lose Jasmine.
"They're getting away!" Razoul yelled. The guards passed a stable and they "borrowed" some horses.
"Aladdin!" Jasmine yelled, "Watch out! They have horses!"
"Horses?!!!" Aladdin got frantic. The guards never used horses to catch him. They would easily catch up with Jasmine, and then him!
Razoul inched closer to Jasmine.
"Aladdin!! Help!!" Razoul reached out to grab Jasmine. He wasn't quite close enough to grab her.
Aladdin looked back, "Jasmine! Look out!!" He knew he had to do something, but what?
Razoul snatch Jasmine by the back of her streetrat outfit. Jasmine was know off of the ground, swinging in Razoul's strong hand. Razoul raised his sword.
Jasmine screamed desperately, "Aladdin!!" But, he was nowhere in sight. Was she done for? Just then, someone came down, swinging on a rope and swooped down and grabbed Jasmine from Razoul, just in time, as Razoul struck his sword down. Instead, Razoul dented the saddle. The horse got frightened and threw Razoul off of him. This startled the rest of the horses, who all threw their riders off of them.
"They're still getting away!" Razoul looked around. Where were they? "Search everywhere! I want their heads!!!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`````~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jasmine squinted and looked up to see who her rescuer was. It was Aladdin! Aladdin swung onto a rooftop and landed. He set Jasmine down.
Jasmine stood up and panted hard, "Thank you."
"Don't scare me like that again!" Jasmine fainted into Aladdin's arms. She had dehydrated. Aladdin knew she needed water. All of that running and the blazing sun had really gotten to her head.
"They're up there!" One of the guards yelled from the base of the building Aladdin was one.
"Oh great," Aladdin mumbled to himself, "What do I do with Jasmine?" He took his red cap off of his head. The heat had melted some of the color off of it onto Aladdin's hand, "That's it!" Aladdin smeared the melted dye on Jasmine's neck, making her look dead, "Just don't wake up while the guards are here," Aladdin hoped.
Then, Aladdin climbed to the side of the wall just as the guards made it to the rooftop.
"Look!" Razoul pointed to Jasmine, "The boy has killed her! There is blood on her neck!"
"What kind of boyfriend would do that?" One of the guards asked.
"A murderer," Razoul growled, "But, look! She is breathing! She is almost dead! But, she is still alive, so we must take her to the palace and try her on court if she makes it."
"Yes sir," one of the guards picked Jasmine up and carried her the down the building.
This is not going as planned Aladdin thought to himself, I have to follow them!
Razoul looked around, "I'll be sure to catch that boy."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Xerxes!" Mozenrath called to his eel, who came flying into the room, "Did you take care of Aladdin and Jasmine?"
"Well...," Xerxes started.
"Did you?!!" Mozenrath gripped Xerxes strongly.
"Got...Princess."
"What about Aladdin?"
"Hero...Got...Away."
"WHAT?!!! Did he see you?!!"
"No, master," Mozenrath released Xerxes. Xerxes gasped for breath.
"Well, go out and make sure you find him!!"
"Yes master," Xerxes flew away.
"Your highness!" Razoul walked into the throne room.
"Yes? Yes? What is it?"
"We have captured a young lady accomplicing a murderer," Razoul answered.
"Bring her in," Mozenrath sighed. What else was he going to do until he is sultan?
The guard carrying Jasmine brought her in and laid her down.
"This is the one, Sire," Razoul bowed.
Mozenrath looked at her. She was still unconscious, "The princess!" He whispered with a sneer to himself.
"Oh no!" Sadira gasped to herself.
Jasmine's eyes opened slightly. What? Mozenrath on the throne and Sadira?!! What happened? Where's Aladdin? Jasmine closed her eyes again, playing dead.
"What shall we do with her?"
"Throw her in the dungeon," Mozenrath answered maliciously, "If she doesn't die by dawn tomorrow, we'll have her executed for her crimes."
"Right away, Sire," Razoul bowed and had Jasmine carried to the dungeon. But, before they threw her in, she jumped out of the guard who was carrying her's arms and took off running.
"It was a trick!" Razoul yelled, "Follow her!"
Jasmine passed a figure draped in dark cloth, who grabbed her into a narrow hallway in the palace. The guards didn't see this and just passed them.
"Aladdin?" Jasmine whispered.
Aladdin took off the cloak, "We have to get out of here! Did you see anything?"
"Mozenrath on the throne with Sadira chained to a seat beside him."
"This is all coming together now! Come on, Jasmine let's go!" Aladdin and Jasmine snuck swiftly over to a nearby window and jumped out. They ran into the marketplace.
"What's going on?" Jasmine asked.
"I think Mozenrath made Sadira switch their lives with us! Do you remember how Sadira switched places with you a long time ago?"
"Yeah! That would explain why I woke up in rags, and you woke up in Mozenrath's citadel!!"
"Only, no sign of his pet. He must have gotten switched too."
"But, if Mozenrath was sitting on the throne, where would my father be?"
"I don't know. But, knowing Mozenrath, he's probably somewhere he doesn't want to be."
"We have to stop them!"
"Maybe if we check out Sadira's home, we'll find some way to stop Mozenrath!"
"Good idea!"
So, Aladdin and Jasmine went off towards Sadira's home. Little did they know, Xerxes was listening to them the whole time!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

"Here we are! There has to be something somewhere!" Aladdin started looking around.
"Maybe this'll be something!" Jasmine pulled out a large old book, "It looks like some kind of spellbook."
"It looks like it! Is there anything in there about switching lives or undoing spells?"
"Hold on," Jasmine flipped through the pages rapidly, "The table of contents says it should be page 374. Here we are! Wait a minute! The page has been ripped out!"
"Are you sure?" Aladdin went over to Jasmine and looked at the book.
"I'm sure."
"Then, where would it be?"
"Looking for this?" a voice behind them asked. It was Mozenrath! And with him was Sadira with chains around her wrists! Mozenrath held up the missing page.
"Mozenrath!" Aladdin exclaimed.
"You rat!" Jasmine sneered, "Let go of Sadira. It's not her you want!"
"Oh, really? And how do you know who I want and who I don't want? You see, if I set her free, she would just trick me again!!!" Mozenrath glared into Sadira's eyes. She had deceived him by twisting the spell. He was quite angry with her, "If I'm gonna have a spell done, I'm going to do it right!" Mozenrath started reading the spell aloud. When he was finished, nothing happened, "What? Why isn't it working?"
"It seems as if you are not a sand witch, Mozenrath. Only I can cast a real spell," Sadira remarked.
"Then, read it, foolish girl!" Mozenrath commanded.
Sadira started chanting a spell, but it wasn't the spell Mozenrath wanted, "Stop it! Stop it!" But, Sadira didn't stop.
Why didn't I just do this earlier on? Sadira asked herself, It would have been quite helpful. She kept chanting it. But, Mozenrath shot her with his blue magic. This made Sadira stop chanting and scream with agony.
"Stop it, Mozenrath!" Aladdin yelled. He ran over and tackled him to the ground. Mozenrath and Aladdin were now in a fight. Mozenrath was trying to blast him, but Aladdin kept dodging his attacks. Meanwhile, Jasmine ran over to Sadira and unchained her.
"What spell was that?" Jasmine asked Sadira as she used a hairpin to pick at the locks. It was something Aladdin had taught her.
"It was a spell to transport Mozenrath somewhere else. That would have given us enough time to change us back to normal. I don't know why I didn't just do it while I was in the throne room. I guess I was just too nervous."
"There," Jasmine unlocked Sadira's chained cuffs, "Now go over and change us back. Aladdin is distracting Mozenrath. I'll be here to make sure you do it safely."
"Thanks," Sadira ran over to the page that Mozenrath had been holding that had the spell to change them back.
"Agh!" Aladdin yelled. Jasmine snapped her head around. Mozenrath had gotten Aladdin! Aladdin was being held up very high off of the ground in a beam of blue magic. Jasmine knew she had to rescue him.
"I was THIS close to finishing you off once and for all earlier on, Streetrat! Now, I win!" Mozenrath shouted. He put more force into his powers. Aladdin yelled in agony.
"Not today, Mozenrath!" Jasmine came swing on a long piece of cloth she had tied to something on top of the very high ceiling. She swung over and knock Mozenrath into the wall; therefore, Mozenrath lost concentration on his magic. Aladdin fell, but Jasmine swung around and caught him before he hit the ground.
"Just a little trick I learned earlier on," Jasmine said smugly.
"Thanks, Jas," Aladdin thanked, obvious pain in his voice.
Jasmine landed right beside Sadira, who was chanting a spell.
Mozenrath noticed that Sadira was almost done, "NOO!!!" Mozenrath shot a blue beam of magic toward them, but before it hit anything, he was back in his citadel, and the blue streak of magic just blasted through his wall, "NOO!!!" Mozenrath was furious, "I'll get you back, Aladdin! You know I will!"
Aladdin and Jasmine found themselves back in the palace. Aladdin's pain had vanished. He stood up and hugged Jasmine, "Razoul!"
Razoul hurried up to Aladdin, "Yes?" Razoul answered trying to be respectful to someone he never really liked.
"Send a message to a young girl by the name of Sadira with this message, 'Thank you."
"Right away," Razoul bowed and walked away mumbling to himself about how Aladdin always thinks he is the royal messenger.
"Wait!" Jasmine's eyes got big, "What about my father?"
"Hey, Al!" Genie rushed over to Aladdin, "We found the sultan stranded in the middle of the desert! Weird, huh? We brought him back and he's safe and sound."
"Thanks Genie," Aladdin thanked.
"No problem," Genie flew off to tease Iago probably.
Aladdin laughed, "How about we relive last night? Does another magic carpet ride sound good to you?"
"It sounds perfect."

[b]And, so that it how the adventure ends. Everyone goes home happy.... Except for Mozenrath.[/b]