Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Biggest Wish by XxRebelWriter
[Reviews - 0] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +
Chapter Two:

A year passed since I was sent to Agrabah. I still haven't figured out why, but I didn't really care much. I liked it here and Aladdin had become like a big brother to me. I found out he was three years younger than me, making him seventeen right now. My twenty-first birthday.

It's funny, I always thought my twenty-first birthday would be spent with me getting drunk with my friends, like we planned. But instead I spent it living in a dream. So no complaining here.

Aladdin taught me everything I needed to know about being a street rat. We were now two of the most known thieves in Agrabah.

Abu eventually learned to accept me and is now one of my closet friends. I think he was worried I would try to steal Aladdin from him, which is laughable.

Right now I was currently waiting for Aladdin in an alley. His job was steal a loaf of bread for us. He was taking longer than usual though. Maybe this would finally be the start of the first movie.

Speaking of the devil, Aladdin is falling from the sky, on a carpet.

"Had a run in with the guards?"I asked, joking.

He scoffed.

"Me? Yeah right! The guards are never able to catch me."Aladdin bragged.

I snorted.

"Yeah, sure. Did you at least get the bread? I'm starving over here!"

He pulled out a loaf from behind his back.

"Tada! Lunch is served!"He said as he broke the bread into three parts.

He gave a piece to me and Abu. I was about to take a bite when I noticed Aladdin's expression. I followed his gaze and saw three young children, two girls and a boy, digging in the trash for food. When they saw us though, they froze.

Three, thought there were only two in the movie? The movie must be adjusting to having me there too. Cool.

Aladdin and I exchanged looks and nodded in mutual understanding. Then we both looked over at Abu. He glared at us and defiantly took a bite of his bread. I narrowed my eyes at the monkey before following Aladdin over to the kids.

I offered the oldest girl mine while Al offered the other two his. They didn't take it at first, probably because they were afraid.

"Go on, take it."I said, smiling assuredly at the girl.

She took it and gave me a grateful look. I nodded before straightening up and looked over at Aladdin. He was rubbing the other girls hair and she giggled.

I noticed Abu watching too. When Al and I walked away, Abu sighed and handed the boy his piece. The boy took it happily and then they pet Abu.

Abu smiled before joining me. I noticed then that Al was walking towards the end of the alley. I looked down at Abu.

"Yeah, we're one of the most wanted street rats in all of Agrabah and we're gonna just walk over to a crowd of people. That's the smartest thing to do."I told him sarcastically.

Abu shrugged before running to catch up with Aladdin. I sighed before I joined them. When I did, I saw what was causing all the commotion. It was Prince Achmed.

I was immediately excited. That meant the movie was starting soon! I'd get to meet Genie soon! And carpet! Yay!

I was jolted from my thoughts when the three kids from the alley ran out into the street and in front of Prince Achmed, scaring the horse. I hated this part.

The prince brought a whip out and shouted something. I couldn't hear over the shocked gasps from the crowd. Aladdin ran over and caught the whip with his arm before it hit the children. I ran out and pulled them into my arms and away.

"Whoa, if I was as rich as you, I could afford some manners."Aladdin said.

"Oh, I'll teach you some manners!"

The prince glared at Al and threw him into the mud.

"Hey, you jerk!"I shouted before running over to Al and helped him up.

Everyone was laughing at us, but I ignored them, knowing this was apart of the movie.

"Hey Abu, Kendra, it's not everyday you see a horse with two rear ends."Al said, laughing.

I laughed along with everyone else as the prince turned around and scowled at all of his. I mean, really scowled. If looks could kill man...

"You are a worthless street rat. You were born a street rat, you'll die as a street rat, and only your fleas." He looked over at me. "And maybe your whores, will mourn you."

"Who you calling a whore, dumb ass!"I shouted as Al ran after him.

The palace gates closed before he could.

"I'm not worthless, and I don't have fleas."Aladdin said as he scratched his head.

When he realized what he was doing, he stopped and sighed.

"Common Abu, Kendra. Let's go home.

We walked home in complete silence. When we got there, I went to head towards my room, but stopped when I heard Aladdin start to sing.

Riffraff. Street rat;

I don't buy that.

If only they'd look closer;

Would they see a poor boy?

No siree.

They'd find out

there's so much more too me.

Aladdin sighed as he pulled back the curtain to show the palace. He looked out into the world for a second, before closing them once more.

"Someday, Abu, Kendra, things are gonna change. We'll be rich, live in palace, and never have any problems again."Aladdin promised.

I smiled. He had no idea how true that statement was.

"I know you'll do whatever you can, Al. I trust you. Goodnight."

"Night."

The next day we got up early to get breakfast. It's usually easier to steal in the morning. We successfully managed to steal a melon and were sitting down enjoying it.

"Whoa."I heard Aladdin say.

I looked up and saw that faraway dreamy look that I saw in the movie. I turned around and saw Jasmine give a young boy an apple. The merchant saw though.

"Trouble."I said.

Aladdin jumped down and ran over to where the merchant was about to ct off Jasmines hand. He grabbed the sword and handed it to Jasmine.

"Thank you kind sir. I'm so glad you've found her. I've been looking all over for you."Al said.

The princess looked confused.

"What are you doing?"She whispered low enough for only me and him to hear.

"Just play along."I told her.

"You know this girl?"The merchant asked.

"Sadly yes, she is our sister."I spoke up.

Aladdin nodded before shaking his head in sadness, while Jasmine looked confused.

"She is a little crazy."He said while circling his finger around his ear.

Jasmine looked shocked at this. She looked over at me. I just shrugged and mouthed for her to just play along with it. The merchant grabbed the Aladdin by his vest.

"She said she knows the sultan!"He exclaimed

"She thinks the monkey is the sultan."Aladdin countered while nodding to Abu

He was trying to pick pocket someone when he heard them talking about him. He looked over surprised. Especially when Jasmine got on the ground and started bowing to him.

"Oh wise sultan, how may I serve you?"She asked.

"Well, blah blah blah blah."The monkey said, straightening up and looking formal.

I suppressed a giggle when he did so.

"Tragic isn't it? But no harm done. Now come along sis, time to see the doctor."Aladdin said, pulling the girl away.

The girl had a blank expression on her face as she looked at a camel that was standing nearby.

"Oh, hello doctor. How are you?"She asked sounding crazy.

"No, no, no."I said, giggling slightly. "Not that one."

I pulled the Jasmine along with Al. Aladdin looked behind him where the monkey still was, his pockets bulging.

"Come on sultan!"He called.

The monkey bowed to everyone, causing all his things to fall out. He grinned sheepishly before running after us, picking everything up as he went.

"Huh, what is this? Come back here, you little thieves!"The merchant yelled as we ran as fast as we could out of there.

We ran as fast as we could through the streets, weaving in and out of the people. We ran into an alley and climbed up onto a roof.

"Almost there."Aladdin said.

Jasmine climbed over the top, but tripped and fell into Aladdin's arms. She stood up and blushed.

"I want to thank you for stopping that man."Jasmine said, smiling softly.

"Uh, forget it. So, uh, this is your first time in the marketplace, huh?"Aladdin asked while grabbing a pole.

Aladdin pole vaulted to the next building, leaving us behind.

"Is it that obvious?"She asked, blushing slightly.

"Well, you do kinda stand out. I mean, uh, you don't seem to know how dangerous Agrabah can be." Aladdin goes to lay down a plank for us, but Jasmine and I grabbed our own poles and vaulted a crossed the roof.

Aladdin and Abu's eyes both bulged, causing us to chuckle.

"I'm a fast learner."Jasmine admitted.

"Right. C'mon, this way."Aladdin said, motioning us to follow.

We went inside the roof of a building, dodging planks and beams as we went.

"Whoa. Watch your head there. Be careful." He warned.

"Is this where you live?"Jasmine asked

"Yep. Just me, Abu and Kendra. Come and go as we please."he said.

"Fabulous."

"Well, it's not much, but it's got a great view. Palace looks pretty amazing, huh?" He pulled back the curtain and exposed the palace.

"Oh, it's wonderful."Jasmine sighed.

"I wonder what it would be like to live there, to have servants and valets..."

"Oh, sure. People who tell you where to go and how to dress."

"It's better than here. Always scraping for food and ducking the guards."

"You're not free to make your own choices."

"Sometimes you feel so-"

"You're just-"

"-trapped."All three of us sighed together.

They looked at each other, realizing that they were perfect for one another. I looked away, feeling like I was interrupting something private. But Aladdin then realizes where he is, and breaks the look. He took the apple out of Abu's hand and rolls it down his arm into the hand of Jasmine.

"So, where are you from?"He asked.

"What does it matter? I ran away, and I am not going back."She said, bowing her head.

"Really?" He takes a bite from the apple in his hand, then handed it to Abu who had a disgusted look on his face.

"Why you!"Abu growled.

Aladdin walked over and sits next to Jasmine.

"My father's forcing me to get married."Jasmine admitted.

"That's-that's awful. Abu!" Aladdin yelled as Abu appeared from behind Jasmine and tried to steal the apple.

Abu raced up to a higher point, chattering and cursing as he went. I shot Abu a disapproving look. He just shrugged helplessly at me.

"What?"Jasmine asked confused.

"Abu says that-uh-that's not fair." Aladdin said

"What?"Abu asked confused.

"Oh did he?"Jasmine smirked.

"Yeah, of course."Aladdin admitted.

"And does Abu have anything else to say?"

"Well, uh, he wishes there was something he could do to help."

"Oh, boy!"Abu exclaimed and we both rolled our eyes.

"Hmm, tell him that's very sweet."Jasmine said.

Aladdin and Jasmine had been getting closer and closer, until Aladdin leans in to kiss Jasmine. He is interrupted, however, by the Guards, who have found us. I swore.

"Here you are!"They shouted.

"They've found me!"We all exclaimed together before exchanging looks.

"They're after you?"

"My father must have sent them-"Jasmine said.

We all ran over to a window.

"Do you trust me?"Aladdin asked Jasmine.

"What?"

"Do you trust me?" He asked while extending his hand.

"Yes." She said as she takes it.

"Then jump!"

We all jump off the roof, fall and land in a pile of salt. Then we tried to get away, but the exit is blocked by a Guard.

"We just keep running into each other, don't we, street rat?"The guard said, smirking.

Again, the Guard's turban is pulled down by Abu, but more guards are here and block the exit. The first Guard pulls Abu off his head and throws him in a vase. The three other Guards grabbed Aladdin and myself.

"It's the dungeon for you, street rats."

"Hey, get off of me!"Aladdin said as he struggled to get free.

"Let go of me, you great ugly brute!"I shouted, kicking angrily.

"Let go of them."Jasmine exclaimed.

"Look what we have here, men-a street mouse."The guard said as he grabbed her and threw her down.

Jasmine stood up and pulled off the hood of her cloak.

"Unhand him, by order of the princess."She growled.

The Guards suddenly stopped and bowed, forcing Aladdin and I to bow as well.

"Princess Jasmine."The guard said formally.

"The princess?"Aladdin and I said in unison.

I already knew, but hey, I had to play along here! No one knew I wasn't from here, like, at all!

"The princess?"Abu said, peeking out from the vase.

"What are you doing outside the palace? And with these street rats?"He asked her.

"That's not your concern. Do as I command. Release them!"She said, commandingly.

"Well, I would, princess, but my orders come from Jafar. You'll have to take it up with him."He said with a bit of a smirk.

The Guards dragged Aladdin and I out, bowing as they went.

"Believe me, I will."Jasmine said, sounding and looking completely pissed.

The guards continued to drag us off, tying up our hands as we went. I bit one of the guards hands when he went to cover my mouth. That earned me a slap to the face, but I didn't care. The freak deserved it. I knew one thing though, this was definitely not good.