Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Sacrifice to Mirage by MysticMeg
[Reviews - 4] Printer

- Text Size +
Sacrifice to Mirage
A Disney’s Aladdin fanfic



Carpet soared over the golden desert. He tried to keep steady so that he wouldn’t wake his sleeping passengers. The soft desert wind made him sway slightly, but the rocking motion just helped him keep his friends slumbering.
Aladdin felt the tiny gust, and it sent chills down his spine. He shivered and pulled Jasmine closer to him.
Jasmine felt Aladdin pull her into his chest. She blinked a few times, before looking around. The sun was just beginning to come up over the dunes. She sighed and realized that it was time to get up. She sat up and shivered from the cool gusts.
Aladdin groaned, and realized it was time to get up also. He wrapped his cape around Jasmine and kissed her gently on her cheek. “Good morning,” he yawned and stretched.
“Good morning Aladdin,” Jasmine replied pulling the cloak around her bare shoulders.
“And how are you doing Carpet?” Aladdin asked ruffling through his hair. Carpet made a swift saluting motion to answer.
“We must be getting close,” Jasmine said as she studied a map.
“The city of Aibrom, I’ve never heard of it before Jasmine,” Aladdin questioned sitting down next to her.
“Neither have I, but father said it was relatively new kingdom. He said it was important for us to respond to their message, so we can set up good relations with them,” Jasmine replied.
Aladdin sighed, “That still doesn’t explain why we couldn’t bring Genie or Abu.”
“I didn’t want any distractions. This is the first task we were supposed to do after our wedding. I wanted to do the best job we could… by ourselves,” Jasmine said as she took his hand.
Aladdin began to argue when Jasmine started to shout.
“There, there it is!” she exclaimed, pointing out over the desert.
“Whoa,” Aladdin whispered under his breath. He stared out over the humongous kingdom set out before them.
The kingdom was gorgeous. It was maybe a little smaller than Agrabah, but much more elegant. The city was well-lit, and partly hidden by the entrance wall, but the palace was in full view. It was amazing, and Jasmine gasped when she saw it.
Another luring part of the city was the sounds and smells. As Aladdin and jasmine neared the entrance they could hear the people talking and children laughing. Smells of breakfast cooking lingered in the air, and Aladdin’s stomach started to growl.
Jasmine giggled when she heard Aladdin, “We’ll be able to get something to eat soon. We just have to get into the city first.”
As soon as Jasmine finished her sentence, the large doors at the entrance of the city opened.
Aladdin and Jasmine looked at each other before Carpet soared through the open frame.
Jasmine shuddered as they entered the city, “How- what happened?” she asked.
The city was completely deserted. They couldn’t hear or see anyone, and the delicious smells were completely gone.
“It’s just an empty shell of a city!” Aladdin exclaimed as they soared down the city’s streets.
“But the city was full of people just two minutes ago! Wasn’t it?” Jasmine asked looking for any sign of life at all.
“Yeah, there was, but it’s certainly not here now,” Aladdin returned.
Jasmine scoffed, “So you’re telling me that everything we heard and saw was just a-“
“Mirage,” Aladdin finished.
A haunting laugh surrounded them, and they looked around for the source. Carpet started towards the entrance of the kingdom, but the doors slammed shut, and started to fade away.
Aladdin, Jasmine, and Carpet found themselves in Mirage’s realm, Morbia. Aladdin held Jasmine close as they stepped off Carpet.
“Alright Mirage,” Aladdin growled, “We fell into your trap. What do you want?”
A bright light flashed, and Mirage appeared, lingering in front of her massive sphinx. She smiled as Aladdin clasped onto Jasmine tightly.
“Why hello Aladdin,” Mirage sleuthed, “so glad to se you could join me today.”
“Mirage, what do you want?” Aladdin demanded.
“Where’s your genie Aladdin? Please don’t tell me you made this even easier for me,” Mirage taunted.
Jasmine became furious at Mirage. “Mirage, what do you want?”
Mirage was stunned at Jasmine’s over confidence, “Well princess, I want Aladdin.”
Aladdin and Jasmine both gasped, “What do you want with me?” Aladdin asked.
“I want you on my side, to serve me. You’re young, quick, and agile, everything I need in a faithful man servant,” Mirage retorted, grinning towards Aladdin.
“Well, that’s too bad Mirage, because you’ll never have me. And I got all dressed up for nothing,” Aladdin mocked, and he squeezed Jasmine a little tighter.
Mirage stood shocked for a few seconds before a smile crept back over her face, “I’m sure I can change your mind.”
Aladdin and Jasmine cringed as Mirage raised her hand in a striking pose. Aladdin looked confused as Mirage simply swiped the air.
Jasmine cried out in pain as a searing hurt sliced up her side. She grabbed onto Aladdin’s shoulder for support. She gasped for breath and tried to catch herself.
Aladdin swept Jasmine up in his arms before she hit the ground, “Jasmine what’s wrong?” Aladdin asked trying to keep her awake.
Jasmine grabbed at her side, and tried to focus on Aladdin’s side, but the pain was too great. She blacked out.
Aladdin felt Jasmine go limp in his arms. He looked down towards her side and saw three deep claw marks in her skin, ripped right through her gown. Blood began to drip down his arm and stain both their garments.
“Mirage, what have you done?” Aladdin demanded as anger made his voice shake.
“I’ve given you a choice Aladdin. Coursing through Jasmine’s veins is Widow Poison. Either you come crawling back to serve me for the antidote, or let her die.” Mirage waved her hand again, and a bright light flashed.

*~*~*~*~*~*

Aladdin blinked his eyes a few times before sitting up suddenly. He looked around, and sighed in relief. He was in his and Jasmine’s palace bedroom. The sun poured through the balcony’s silk hangings, which warmed him up, and his cold sweat disappeared.
“What a dream,” he whispered as he looked over at Jasmine’s sleeping form. Aladdin peered closer at Jasmine, and realized she was trembling slightly. Aladdin pulled down the covers below Jasmine’s waist.
“What, but how?” Aladdin asked himself.
The deep scratch was still there on Jasmine’s side, “But it was all a dream!” Aladdin tried to convince himself.
Jasmine jumped at Aladdin’s voice, and her eyes flew open. “Aladdin, what’s going on?”
Aladdin paced back and forth, “I thought it was only a dream! I have to go see Mirage; we have to get that antidote!”
Jasmine looked down at the wound on her side and gasped. She looked back up at Aladdin who stood with his head in his hands.
“Aladdin, don’t worry,” Jasmine started as she stood up, “I don’t even feel-,” Jasmine became light headed and collapsed on the floor.
Aladdin ran over and laid Jasmine in his lap. “Genie!” Aladdin yelled, and the lamp on his vanity began to shake.
Genie’s blue form appeared in a puff of smoke. He wore footed pajamas and eld a large bowl of cereal.
“What is it Al? Saturday morning cartoons are on,” he whined. He looked down at Aladdin holding Jasmine in a heap on the floor. He immediately transformed to his normal form, “Whoa, what’s going on here Al?”
“I-I don’t know, it’s some kind of poison, Mirage, and her servant, and-“
“Whoa, Al, slow down!” Genie said as he placed Jasmine back on the bed.
“Can you help her Genie?” Aladdin asked trying to catch his breath.
Genie checked Jasmine’s slash, and Jasmine shivered from his touch. Genie’s eyes widened, and his jaw dropped.
“What? What is it Genie?” Aladdin asked as fear steeled over his eyes.
“This is Widow’s Poison, Al,” Genie started, “it’s a fatal poison that slowly takes over your whole body. You go into a deep sleep, and before you know it you’re-“ Genie made a quick slicing motion across his neck.
“No,” Aladdin whispered. Genie put his disembodied head back on his shoulders, and regretted his blunt visual.
“I’m sorry Al,’ Genie soothed as he put his hand on Aladdin’s shoulder.
“Is there any way that we can cure her Genie? I mean, without giving myself to Mirage,” Aladdin asked not taking his eyes off Jasmine.
Genie looked back at Aladdin, “Mirage? You mean evil kitty Mirage?” Genie’s head shifted into that of Mirage’s.
“Yeah, either I become Mirage’s servant in return for the antidote, or-,” Aladdin’s eyes dropped to his feet.
Abu came around and climbed onto Aladdin’s shoulder. He screeched something incoherent, before patting Aladdin’s head comfortingly.
Genie was at a loss for words as he bandaged Jasmine’s side up. He pulled the blankets up around her shoulders, “We should keep her warm.”
Aladdin suddenly became over run with anger. He banged his hands down on the vanity, and started to shout.
“HOW COULD I HAVE BEEN SO STUPID? I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN IT WAS A TRAP! I MEAN, AIBROM, MORBIA! HOW COULD I NOT HAVE SEEN IT?” Aladdin fell to the ground and put his head in his knees.
Genie and Abu looked at each other in surprise. Genie floated over to Aladdin’s side. “It’s not your fault, Al. None of us saw it.”
Aladdin looked back up at Jasmine, “Genie, let’s get ready to go. We’re going to get that antidote, and get rid of Mirage once and for all.”
Genie was shocked at Aladdin’s determined tone. Carpet flew to their side, and Aladdin hopped on.
“Al, are you sure?” Genie asked.
“Yeah, I am. Let’s go tell the Sultan and go find Mirage,” Aladdin answered as Carpet soared off the balcony.

*~*~*~*~*~*

“Ha ha ha,” Mirage laughed as she watched Aladdin set out over the desert. “He actually believes he can have it both ways; that fool!”
A flaming fire cat came to Mirage’s side. She gently petted its fiery fur. The large cat started to purr at its master’s praise.
“Aladdin will come for the antidote, and then he’ll expect to leave with it. But we won’t let that happen, will we my pet?” Mirage cooed.
The fire cat took off. The torches at the entrance of her sphinx started to take form. Suddenly, numerous more fire cats appeared and followed their leader.
“Go my pets, destroy all of them, except Aladdin,” Mirage ordered, “I want him alive.”

*~*~*~*~*~*

Aladdin held on tight as Carpet flew to the city.
“What makes you think that the city will still be there, Al?” Genie asked as he looked over the map.
“Mirage wants me to find her, remember?” Aladdin answered. “We should be there soon.”
“I’m just taking a wild guess, but I’m thinking that we found it,” Genie said as he pointed over to the barren kingdom.
Carpet immediately sped up. He soared right through the entrance, and into the empty city.
As the tiny group soared through the city, Genie got a cold chill down his spine, “It’s quiet, too quiet,” he quoted.
Abu started to tremble from fear and climbed under Aladdin’s vest.
“It’s okay Abu,” Aladdin said, “Mirage wants me alive, and so she isn’t going to hurt us.”
A loud and familiar voice surrounded the group. “Wrong Aladdin, You’re the only one I don’t want hurt.”
Fire cats appeared from the abandoned buildings. They surrounded Carpet batting at him with their paws.
Carpet dodged their paws agilely, and took off. Suddenly one of the cats caught the end of the rug, which started tumbling towards the ground.
“CARPET!” Aladdin screamed right before he slammed into the hard ground. His head smacked hard, and blurred his vision. He picked himself up and looked around to check on his friends.
Abu came over to check on Aladdin. Genie stood a few feet away, holding Carpet. Carpet was half way burned away.
The fire cats surrounded the group once again on the ground. They snarled and snapped at Aladdin’s boots. He felt Genie bump his back.
“Genie, right now would be a good time to do something,” Aladdin suggested through gritted teeth.
“Oh, right,” Genie replied as he snapped away from his fear. He transformed into a fire hydrant, and started to spray the flaming beasts. The cats grew smaller and smaller until they disappeared altogether.
Genie turned back into his normal form, and turned his attention back to Carpet.
“Whoa rug-man. Not a good way to burn off calories,” Genie joked as he assessed the damage.
“I don’t know about this Genie. That was way to easy, even if we are dealing with Mirage,” Aladdin said uneasily.
Mirage’s voice surrounded the group once again, “Maybe Aladdin, it’s because I wasn’t nearly finished.”
Aladdin looked back to the top of the buildings. Another pack of fire cats were ready to attack. They leapt towards the small group, and Aladdin could feel their body’s scorching hear. Before he could react, he felt someone pull him out of the way. His head smacked into a near by building, and he blacked out.

*~*~*~*~*~*

Back at the palace, the Sultan sat next to his daughter’s bed.
Jasmine shivered when her father took her hand. She never opened her eyes, and looked very pale.
Rajah was laying at the foot of the bed and growled sadly every once in awhile.
“Hold on dearest,” The Sultan whispered, “Aladdin should be back soon.”

*~*~*~*~*~*

Aladdin moaned before he opened his eyes. His vision was blurred, and he tried to focus.
As his vision cleared, he saw Genie, Abu, and Carpet chained across from him.
“Genie,” he called trying to get to him. He groaned as he felt the pressure of his burns which covered his one arm.
“Oh, he Al,” Genie replied, seemingly relieved Aladdin woke up. Abu squeaked next to the Genie. Both of his paws were held up in manacles, and Carpet was also rolled up and clasped.
Aladdin looked around and realized that he was back in Morbia. “We need to get out of here,” Aladdin said, wincing at the pain in his arm.
“Anti-magic manacles,” Genie pointed out. Carpet was still burned away, and didn’t move.
“Where’s Mirage?” Aladdin growled.
“Right here,” a disembodied voice answered.
A bright light flashed, temporarily blinding the group. When they finally could see, Mirage stood before them. She looked at her prisoners with content at the one side of her sphinx. Then she looked over to Aladdin on the other side and something appeared in her head.
“The antidote,” Aladdin said aloud as he looked at the vile she was holding.
“Mmmm, yes, Aladdin,” Mirage teased. “Let’s just see how our princess is doing, shall we?” Mirage swiped the air, and her viewing area appeared.
Aladdin cringed at the sight of Jasmine lying unmoving in their bed.
“She’s fading fast Aladdin. Now, what do you say? I’ll even let you be the one to save her,” Mirage offered, holding out the vile to Aladdin.
Aladdin looked over at his friends. Genie nodded, “Go on Al.”
Aladdin turned his stare back to Mirage, “Alright Mirage, you win.”
Mirage laughed and waved her paw again. The clasps holding Aladdin disappeared, and he took the vile. He walked through the portal into his bedroom.

*~*~*~*~*~*

The Sultan gasped as Aladdin appeared. “Aladdin, what, where did you-?”
“There’s not time to explain Sultan,” Aladdin said as he lifted Jasmine’s head from the pillow. He poured the liquid in her mouth and laid her back down.
Jasmine stirred lightly before her eyes fluttered open, “Aladdin, what’s going on?”
Aladdin sighed in relief, “Oh, Jasmine, you’re awake.”
“Dearest, you’re back!” the Sultan exclaimed as he kissed her on the forehead.
“Aladdin, what happened?” Jasmine asked turning her attention back to Aladdin.
Before Aladdin could answer, Mirage’s portal again opened, and her voice poured out.
“Alright Aladdin, it’s time to come back. Your friends are waiting,” Mirage called.
Aladdin silently started to walk back to the portal. Jasmine leapt out of the bed and grabbed his arm.
“Aladdin, you can’t go!” she pleaded.
“Jasmine, I have to. It’s the only way I can save everyone.”
“I can’t loose you,” Jasmine said as tears started to stream down her cheeks.
Aladdin wiped the tears from her eyes, “I have to go Jasmine, I’m so sorry.” He leaned and kissed her hard on the lips. He tried to pull away, but Jasmine wouldn’t let him.
“ALADDIN!” Mirage’s voice interrupted.
Aladdin looked down at Jasmine, and pulled away. Jasmine began to sob as Aladdin went towards the portal. She then acted quickly. She ran and dove into Aladdin, sending them both tumbling in the portal.
As the portal closed, the Sultan and Rajah just looked at each other. “Oh dear,” the Sultan whispered under his breath. The portal glowed as it gobbled the couple up.

*~*~*~*~*~*

Aladdin groaned as he helped Jasmine up with his sore arm. “Jasmine, what, why did you-?”
“I couldn’t loose you,” Jasmine cut him off holding her stomach.
“Jas are you okay?” the Genie asked.
Jasmine winced at the pain, “I just don’t think that the antidote’s at full power yet.”
“You,” Mirage threatened as she appeared in front of Jasmine. “I have Aladdin, I don’t need you anymore!” Mirage said as she began to attack the princess.
Aladdin dove into Mirage, not allowing her to use her magic. “Get them out!” Aladdin ordered to Jasmine.
Jasmine walked over to Genie, trying to keep from collapsing. Abu squeaked frantically.
“The lock picks,” Genie suggested. Jasmine grabbed Abu’s lock picks and unlocked the clasps holding him. She then unlocked the tattered Carpet. She could barely hold herself up as she tried to unlock Genie’s clasps. Aladdin was still struggling with Mirage on the ground.
“C’mon Jas, just a little more,” Genie coaxed as Jasmine weakly tried to unlock the restraints. As soon as she heard the faint click, she passed out.
Genie scooped the princess in his arms and the grabbed Abu, Carpet, and Aladdin. He swiftly went through the portal which exploded shut behind them.

*~*~*~*~*~*

Aladdin landed on the bed, and quickly caught Jasmine as she tumbled after. The Carpet floated behind and landed on Rajah. Abu flew into the Sultan, while the Genie slammed right into the back wall.
Jasmine opened her eyes to look up into Aladdin’s worried stare. She wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him tightly, wincing at the pain in her side.
Aladdin pulled her off of him, grimacing at the pain shooting up his body. Deep claw marks were all over his body along with the burns.
Jasmine blushed at his tiny laugh, “Is it over?” she asked.
Aladdin shrugged as Mirage’s voice surrounded them. “Oh no princess,” she warned, “you may have gotten away this time, but it’s far from over.”
Aladdin squeezed Jasmine, and the Genie floated over.
“Until another Arabian night,” he mocked.
Aladdin leaned in for a kiss from Jasmine, when Genie broke between them.
“Whoa, rug-man. It looks like you need a real pick me up.” He pulled the rug off Rajah, and transformed into a fashion designer. He started cutting and sewing with a puff of smoke surrounding him.
The others looked on as the smoke cleared and Carpet soared up. He flew around the room a few times, before landing next to the Sultan.
“I’m still very confused,” the Sultan mumbled.
“Well, Sultan,” the Genie started to explain the story as they all left the room, leaving Aladdin and Jasmine alone.
“Alone at last,” Aladdin mused as he pulled Jasmine closer.
“We never leave without the guys again,” she joked.
“Never?” Aladdin taunted.
“Well, almost never,” Jasmine brought his head to hers and kissed him passionately. Aladdin didn’t even dare to pull away.



**Disclaimer** I don’t own any of the Disney’s Aladdin characters in this story. I also am in no way connected to Disney. ENJOY!!!