Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Magic Bound Book 1: Necromancers, Annoyances, And Enemies by EvilIncarnateForever
[Reviews - 0] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +
A powerful sorcerer watches through a portal as two teenage girls run after a school bus, looking frantic and furious. Behind them a boy their age sprints after them, a black eye showing he'd been in a fight recently. Mozenrath had a feeling that the girl with black hair, Kathryn, had punched the boy this morning for making them all late. After a night of partying, the trio had small hangovers and running after a bus definitely wouldn't make them feel any better. He wouldn't help the though, he wanted one of the girls to do something about it so he could find which one was meant to be his apprentice. He didn't have to wait long until Shani raises one of her hands and uses magic to influence the driver's mind. Well, that little pulse felt extremely cuddly, so Shani would be dropped off in Agrabah as per the small deal he made with the Djinn; he'd deliver Shani to him safely and Mozenrath would be left alone until Kathryn's training was finished.

The bus driver slams on her brakes and allows the three teens to get on. He watches as they go to the back of the bus where their friends are, picking their seats before sitting. Shani turns her head slightly, releasing the driver from her hold and allowing her to take control of the bus once more. The sorcerer smirks at the girls; they have inside themselves powerful magic–they're practically magical time bombs! The fact that their parents were scared of the ability that skips generations makes taking them even easier.

~X~

I glance around me, the feeling of being watched coming back full force. My sister nudges me, a confused expression on her face. "What's wrong, Kat?" I shake my head, avoiding her worried gaze.

"Nothing, I'm just being paranoid," I mumble in return. Paranoia was a common thing to get when you've been in a small town all your life. Shani, my sister, rolls her eyes and looks out the bus window. Jealousy flares for an instant as I observe my sister, wishing for her tan complexion and dainty looks. While she had blond, curly hair and a gorgeous figure I have straight black hair and the figure of a teen who couldn't play sports to save her life–chubby with the pale skin that I can't seem to get rid of no matter how much I attempt to tan.

I look around me one last time before I pop in my earphones and let Rob Zombie take over my mind. If I knew today was going to be my last day of tech I probably would've done a happy dance! It wasn't until we picked up the Stroud High School kids and was halfway to Drumright when I was jerked from the protective bubble of Evanescence. Our bus driver had slammed on her brakes so as not to hit the strange man in the middle of the road, a smirk on his handsome face.

Shani and I share a look of confusion before we turn back to face the front of the bus. Trevor, my best friend, puts a protective hand on the shoulders of Shani and me. The man walks over to the bus door and I lose sight of him. Suddenly, the door is ripped off its hinges and the man is on the bus, staring at everyone with a holier-than-thou look that usually meant no good. Ironically, Psycho begins to play on my iPod and I can't help but to think about how fitting it was to the situation. The first thing I notice about him besides the pale skin and his handsome features was the fact that I had never seen anyone dressed like he was: long sleeved, dark blue shirt, dark blue pants, black and gold cloak, and a dark blue turban with a ruby situated in the part of the turban that sits just above his forehead. The thing about his wardrobe that drew my attention the most was that he wore an elbow-length brown glove on his right arm that pulsed with power. His dark eyes meet my own and his smirk widens.

"Ah, there's my prize." His voice is rich, reminding me of dark chocolate ad sin. Trevor's grip on my shoulder tightens protectively. The man raises his gloved hand and snaps his fingers, indigo and black fire twirling around his fingers for a moment before fading. Everyone–minus Shani, the man, and me–passes out, Trevor collapsing back in his seat with a snore. The man's eyes lock with mine once more, this time it seems as if I cannot look away. When he is standing right beside me his glove begins to glow a dark red and darkness consumes me.

~X~

Lord Mozenrath, stares from the now unconscious girl to the other, awake, one. Shani's light blue eyes are narrowed in anger; around her, energy is crackling and begging to be used. Before she could harness it, Mozenrath uses a spell to cause her to join her sister in unconsciousness. He smirks at the two teens, snapping his fingers and letting his magic transport Kathryn and himself to his lands and Shani to the outskirts of Agrabah.

No one notices the man with gold eyes watching from a distance, plotting and waiting for the perfect moment to strike.
--
Groaning, I slowly open my eyes and look around me. The room I'm in is made of a dark stone and marble with tapestries of a variety of magical creatures here and there, and black and gold rugs covering the marble floor. The bed I'm on is larger than any I've seen before, covered in crimson sheets with black silk pillows and comforter; the bed's dark blue curtains are partially obstructing my view of half the room, making me nervous. The half of the room I can make out doesn't look too cluttered ad the furniture in the room is covered with sheets to keep dust from collecting. Where in the name of all that is holy am I? A quiet chuckle alerts me to a man's presence, though I cannot see him anywhere in this darkness. On the table beside me is a single unlit candle; I wave my hand over the wick and a flame bursts to life–a little trick I mastered when I was eight. The light from the candle throws shadows everywhere, hindering me rather than helping me.

Taking a deep breath and exhaling it slowly, I focus on making the shadows shrink–a trick I learned at age four when I believed there was a monster in my closet. Everything comes into focus now, allowing me to see clearly. The man I heard earlier steps forward–the very same man from the bus! Dang, he's even better looking up close. Wait, no, I shouldn't think the guy that kidnapped me is hot…but damn, really? Why isn't it illegal for someone to look that good? "Well, I must admit that dark purple definitely suits you." My eyebrows scrunch together in confusion. When I left my house this morning I was wearing a baggy T-shirt, shorts, and converses–none of it was purple. Looking down, my confusion transforms into open-mouthed shock.

Somehow, I'm now dressed in a dark purple top that hugs my curves like a second skin and a dark purple skirt that stops at my ankles, held in place by a dark leather belt. Scowling, I say," I look like a hooker…a cheap one." He places his gloved hand at the crook of my neck, tilting my head to the side. "Why am I her– don't touch that!" He had reached for the silver ring that rests on the pointer finger of my right hand. If you look close you can see that the silver has delicately been made to look like a snake's scales and two small emeralds make up its eyes.

He pulls me forcefully off the bed and against him, one hand around my waist, the other in my thick hair. "I will touch and take whatever it is that I want to." Instantly I begin to struggle to get free from the evil man, fear kicking into overdrive and demanding I did something, anything, to get away. Suddenly his mouth covers my own in a show of possessiveness. In that moment the world stopped and the magic surrounding us went into a frenzy, begging to be tapped into. Never had I felt anything like this; it was like a strong drug that I know I could never get enough of. One thing it wasn't though, it wasn't love or anything even close to that emotion. A rather important afterthought enters my mind as the man and I break apart: who the heck is this guy? As if reading my mind the man drops into a graceful bow like out of some old movie. "I am Mozenrath, Ruler of the land of the Black Sands." He takes my hand in his equally pale one before placing a light kiss on my knuckles.

"And you kidnapped me why?" I raise a single brow in expectation, attempting to forget the fact that I just kissed him and that it was the best kiss I'd ever had. Mozenrath chuckles, giving me an arrogant look. "Answer me, Moze." The arrogant smirk on his face turns into a sneer

"You will address me as Lord Mozenrath, My Lord, or master," he glares. I'm sure the look on his face would terrify most people, but I've grown up around much worse. "I brought you here to begin your training in Dark Magic." Understanding dawns on me, this is the man my mother sold me to.

I know, it sounds bad that my mother sold me to a stranger, but she's terrified of my "powers" and my father tried to beat the power of God into me until he realized that just made things worse. "Ya know," I state happily," you're sexier than my mom described you." Moze gets his arrogant look back…then I pop his bubble. "That must mean you're dumber than a box of rocks because she made you out to be a genius." Oh yes, the bubble has shattered!

~Shani's POV~

Intense heat washes over me, causing me to begin to regain consciousness. What happened, it's not this hot on the bus or at tech. As I continue to think about where I am, a shadow falls over me. Slowly, I open my eyes and find myself looking up at a big blue guy with a flying carpet. Did I hit my head before I passed out? "Are you okay," the overgrown Smurf asks, helping me to stand. I nod and try to shake the fog out of my head. "Hey, your name isn't Shani Danamir is it?" I stare up at him dumbly for a moment, trying to clear the fog of leftover magic from my mind. It was cold and creepy feeling, and I didn't like it one little bit.

"Um, I think so….Are you the Genie that's supposed to mentor me?" He nods a huge grin on his face. Looking around me I see I was lying on a sand dune just outside of a walled in city. "Am I imagining things or is that rug flying?"

"This is Carpet–Carpet, this is my apprentice, Shani Danamir. She's from…." He trails off, looking down at the palm of his hand. "Oklahoma, Davenport to be exact." The flying carpet extends a tassel for me to shake, which I do hesitantly. Are flying carpets a normal thing around here?

"I know I'm asking a lot of questions, but where's Kathryn?" The Genie looks a bit nervous now and is pulling at the collar of the shirt that has just appeared on him. "You know, don't you?" He lets out a nervous chuckle.

"Well, if what I learned about your kind is true, then…she's learning Dark magic." I break down into laughter, confusing everyone around me. Yeah, my sister being sent to the evil guys doesn't really surprise me. A tan guy barely older than me, a little monkey, and a red parrot join my little group, looking between Genie and me with confused expressions.

"What's wrong with her, Genie," the guy asks. I finally stop laughing, wiping the tears from my face.

"I don't know, Al," the Genie answers," I told her that her sister is evil and that's the reaction I got.

"S-sorry," I smile," it's just that my twin turning evil is so like her!" The guy, Al I believe, raises an eyebrow in silent question. "She's been interested in the darker aspects of magic her entire life." The dark haired man simply looks up at the Genie again, giving me a moment to study him. He has dark hair that stops a little above his shoulders and looks really soft, big brown eyes, and a toned chest that he shows off by wearing only a purple vest, white pants, and a fez. Heh, I think to myself, fezzes are cool.

"Alright," the Genie says, drawing out the word," you ready to see where you'll be sleeping?" I glance around me nervously. Like usual, I say the first thing that pops into my head–believe it or not, it's not always a good thing.

"Not out here, right?" The Genie gives me a duh look before explaining I'll have my own room in the palace. "Oh, that's better." My happy demeanor returns and I walk with the group to two large wooden doors that towers way above my head. A big guard-like person stands in front of the gate, looking pissed off. Maybe he'll let us past without threatening our lives. The man turns his head in our direction and a dark look appears on his face. Okay, so maybe he won't let us through. "Recruiting new street rats I see," the guard says to Al. "Why don't you do Agrabah a favor and go back to the gutter where you belong?" Before Al can respond I've used some weak magic and knocked the guard on his ass.

"It would be wise not to talk to people like that because they might know someone more powerful than you are, palace dog." The man glares at me, hand twitching near his sword in his belt. "Your weapon will not help you," I snarl through gritted teeth. My teeth are abnormally strong and sharp, grandma says it's because I was a lioness in my previous life and I like to use them to my full advantage. The monkey's eyes widen and he chatters something to the parrot.

"You heard the girl, Rasoul," the parrot says loudly, open the doors and let us through!"

~X~

Soon both of the girls are settled in their new homes and getting to know their masters. Shani has learned that she is going to study a little about Genie magic and mostly about Immortal magic; Kathryn is learning about Dark magic and Immortal magic. Both girls are part of an ancient race called Immortals, meaning there is Elvish blood in them than there is human–many people are Immortals and their kind is growing every day. Their knowledge grows on a daily basis as they quickly adjust to their surroundings.

All four of the magical beings can feel the presence of an unknown magic, but cannot see it as it watches them daily. It stays carefully in the shadows where none can see it, its golden eyes flashing dangerously as he observes the girls' progress. Their magic would boost his own, and he would need it soon when the battle begins.