Desert Adventure by Cassim fan



Summary: Rajah is about to go on another adventure. This adventure will take him through the desert. He will learn that the desert isn't always a safe place. An unlikely friend, well ally really, comes to help him. Rajah must learn to trust the person if he is to make it through this adventure!
Rating: G
Categories: Aladdin
Characters: Cassim, Original Characters, Other, Rajah
Genres: Action/Adventure, Dark/Angst, General
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: Rajah's many adventures
Published: 11/23/06
Updated: 03/10/07


Index

Chapter 1: Chapter 1
Chapter 2: Chapter 2
Chapter 3: Chapter 3
Chapter 4: Chapter 4
Chapter 5: Chapter 5
Chapter 6: Death Can Strike Anyone Anywhere!
Chapter 7: Life Can Touch Anyone Anywhere
Chapter 8: Chapter 8
Chapter 9: Good-bye


Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Back to index


Chapter 2: Chapter 2

Back to index


Chapter 3: Chapter 3

Back to index


Chapter 4: Chapter 4

Back to index


Chapter 5: Chapter 5

Back to index


Chapter 6: Death Can Strike Anyone Anywhere!

Days later we reached an area known as Volcano Crater. It was huge crater made by a meteor with mini volcanic craters.

The tiny craters were about three feet around. They erupted with hot steam with such a force that it could kill you!

Cassim dismounted, took the saddle bags off, and strapped them to his back, and turned Sabeek back the way we had come.

"Go home, boy."

He gave the stallion a clap on the shoulder as he spoke.

Sabeek took off back towards the layer of the Forty Thieves.

Cassim and I caustiously entered Volcano Crater.

The mini craters erupted around at different times.

We had been going for about half an hour when Cassim suddenly stopped.

"What is it?"

"Shh."

I listened closely but didn't hear anything!

Cassim turned around and looked behind us. His face turned pale!

"Rajah, run."

"Why?"

All of the sudden a tall, muscular, bald, gray skined man jumped down in front of us! He had three blades on his left hand!

"That's why!"

Cassim and I ran towards the other side of Volcano Crater.

"Who is this guy? What's he after?"

"Sa'luk, one of the Forty Thieves. He's after me. I don't get it, though. Aladdin and I saw him turn to gold. How is he chasing us?"

"I think I know. Mozenrath."

"Most likely."

Suddenly Cassim tripped over a rock and fell! I went back to him.

"Cassim, are you okay?"

"I twisted my ankle."

"Come on. I'll help you up."

Cassim looked back behind us.

"No. You go on."

"And leave you behind to face him alone with a twisted ankle? No way."

"Rajah, go. Sa'luk will kill anyone that stands his way! If I end up beating him I don't want to have to tell Jasmine that you've been killed."

"I can't leave you behind."

"Go!"

"But,..."

"Go, Rajah! Run! Get out of here!"

I stood still for a moment.

"Go now! Hurry! Get out while you still can! Find another way back to Agrabah! Get as far away from here as you can! Go!"

As he yelled Cassim swung his fist at me! I turned and ran.

I was almost out of Volcano Crater when I heard a scream of pain then evil laughter!

I stopped, lowered my head, and let the tears flow freely down my face.

I turned around and ran back.

I pounced on Sa'luk from behind, determined to avenge Cassim!

I bit him in the back of the neck, killing him.

I got off him, spat the blood out of my mouth, licked the blood off my mouth, spat that out, and turned to Cassim.

He was laying on his back, his left side bleeding.

I carefully lifted him up onto my back and carried him out of Volcano Crater.

Back to index


Chapter 7: Life Can Touch Anyone Anywhere

I stopped just outside of Volcano Crater and settled down for the night since the sun was going down.

I lay down beside Cassim. I gently licked his face.

To my great surprise and joy he moaned and weakly opened his eyes! He was still alive!

"Cassim! You're still alive!"

I gently lifted up onto my back again and carried him to a town that, luckily, wasn't very far away.

A young couple said they would help.

The young man led me into the barn they had. He put a bed of straw in one of the stalls, and I curled up in it and fell alseep.

The next morning I awoke, got up, stretched, yawned, and shook my head.

Cassim and the couple came out.

I asked Cassim how he felt. He told me he was still in quite a bit of pain, but he was used to pain like it so it didn't bother him much.

He was tough and a fighter.

Back to index


Chapter 8: Chapter 8

It was about a month before Cassim's side healed. Finally, we were ready to go. We thanked the couple and set off towards the horizion.

With the sun rising behind us, we walked across the sand.

Cassim walked with sure, effortless, steady strides. I couldn't help but admire him.

He was the strongest, bravest, wisest, fastest, most cunning, slyest, swiftest, most agile, most sleathy man I had ever seen!

He was as strong as two champion fighters! He was strong physically and emotionally, most of the time. He wasn't one to let his emotions show very often. It was very rare for his emotions to show, depending on what emotion it was.

I realized that I felt more at home with Cassim than I did back at the palace with Jasmine and the gang!

I was saddened when I realized that I would have to say good-bye to Cassim and, probably, never see him again.

Days later we reached a cave. We cautiously entered it. We found a treasure deep within the cave!

Suddenly Chaos appeared.

"Well done, Rajah."

He clapped his paws together, and the next thing we knew we were back in Agrabah in the menagerie!

Back to index


Chapter 9: Good-bye

Cassim had to leave before he was thrown back in prison. He said good-bye to the gang then turned to me.

I lowered my head sadly.

I felt his hand slip under my chin, and he lifted my head so I was looking into his eyes.

"Rajah, I'll never forget this adventure. I'll never forget you."

I hugged him tightly, and he hugged me back. After a moment he pulled away and left.

For many days I wasn't myself. Finally Jasmine asked me what was wrong.

"I miss Cassim."

"We all do, Rajah."

"No, you don't understand. I felt more at home when I was with him than I do when I'm here."

I looked at her, expecting to see a hurt look on her face. Instead she was smiling!

"I think I do understand. Go."

"Huh?"

"Go to the layer of the Forty Thieves. That's where Cassim and Iago are living. You belong with him now."

I hugged her and took off running towards the layer. I reached it hours later and went in by the land entrance.

Cassim's back was facing me so I sunk up behind and pounced on him.

"Whoa! What the..."

Cassim relaxed when he saw it was me.

"Rajah?! What are you doing here?"

I told him what had happened. I got off him, and he stood up.

"I guess that settles it, then. Welcome home, Rajah."

Back to index



Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.aladdincentral.org/library/viewstory.php?sid=851