Cassim and Aladdin by Cassim fan



Summary: How the first movie might have gone of Cassim never left. There is an ally princess living in Agrabah. She runs away with Jasmine.
Rating: G
Categories: Aladdin
Characters: Abu, Aladdin, Carpet, Cassim, Genie, Iago, Jafar, Jasmine, Other, Rajah, Rasoul, Sultan
Genres: Action/Adventure, Poetry/Songs, Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: Aladdin and Cassim Chapters
Published: 06/29/06
Updated: 06/29/06


Index

Chapter 1: Two Diamonds in the Rough
Chapter 2: Two Strangers
Chapter 3: The Cave of Wonders
Chapter 4: Cave in
Chapter 5: Genie
Chapter 6: Prince Aden and Prince Ali
Chapter 7: The Truth
Chapter 8: Third Wish


Chapter 1: Two Diamonds in the Rough

Author's Notes: I don't own Cassim, Aladdin, Jasmine, Genie, the guards, Rasoul, Gazeem, the tiger god, Jafar, Iago, Genie, Carpet, Prine Achmed, the fruit seller, Rajah, or the Sultan of Agrabah. Diana, Suki, and the Sultan of Bali are mine.


Jafar, the royal vizier to the Sultan of Agrabah, watched Gazeem, a thief, enter the Cave of Wonders, shaped like a tiger head in a silent roar. Just as it seemed the thief was safe, the tiger god roared aloud and slammed its mouth shut on the thief!

"Seek thee out the Diamonds in the Rough."

The tiger head dissolved into a pile of sand. Iago, Jafar's parrot got the two halves of the scarab. He gave them to Jafar.

"Gazeem was obviously less than worthy."

"There's a big surprise!"

Only Jafar knew that Iago could talk like a human.

"What are we going to do? We have big problem, a big..."

Jafar shut Iago's mouth.

"Only two may enter. I must find these two, these Diamonds in the Rough."

The next morning in the city of Agrabah a man and teenage boy skidded to a stop at the edge of a rooftop.

The man wore a black shirt with blue sleeves, black pants, gray pointed boots, a navy blue cape with a hood and veil, a dark red sash, his hair went down just below his broad shoulders and was thick, wavy, and ebony black except for a few dark gray streaks, his beard was ebony black, his eyes were dark brown, and his skin was deeply tanned. The boy wore a purple vest with no sleeves, off white pants, a brown sash, his hair almost went down to his shoulders and was thick, wavy, and ebony black, his eyes were brown, not as dark as the man's, and his skin wasn't even close to being as dark as the man's.

They each held a loaf of bread. They looked back to see Rasoul, captian of the guards, and some of his men not far behind.

"I'll have your hands for trophies streetrats!"

The man looked at the boy.

"All this for two loaves of bread?"

His deep, rich, handsome voice was familiar to the boy and guards.

The boy shrugged.

"Jump!"

They both jumped off the rooftop! They broke through many canopies and landed safely on the ground.

"You two won't get away so easily!" a guard shouted.

"You guys think that was easy?"

Some women laughed. The man and boy pulled blankets over their heads and went over to them.

"Good morning ladies." they said.

"Getting into trouble a little early today, aren't we Cassim and Aladdin?"

"Trouble? Not a chance."

"Yeah. You're only in trouble if you get caught." Aladdin added.

"Gochta!" Rasoul exclaimed as he grabbed the two.

"We're in trouble!" Cassim said.

Suddenly a monkey appeared and pushed Rasoul's truban down over his eyes!

"Perfect timing. As usual, Abu."

Abu jumped down onto Aladdin's shoulder.

"Come on, Dad."

"Right behind you, Aladdin."

(song begins)

CASSIM:
Gotta keep
One jump ahead of the breadline
One swing ahead of the sword
We steal only what we can't afford

ALADDIN:
That's everything!

CASSIM:
One jump ahead of the lawmen
That's all, and that's no joke
These guys don't appreciate we're broke

GUARDS:
Riffraffs! Streetrats!
Scoundrels! Take that!

CASSIM:
Just a little snack, guys

GUARDS:
Rip them open, take it back, guys

CASSIM:
We can take a hint, gotta face the facts
You're our only friend, Abu!

WOMEN:
Oh, it's sad, Cassim and Aladdin hit the bottom
They've begun a one way life in crime

CASSIM:
Gotta eat to live

ALADDIN:
Gotta steal to eat

CASSIM:
Tell you all about it when we got the time!

ALADDIN:
One jump ahead of the slowpokes

CASSIM:
One skip ahead of our doom

ALADDIN:
Next time gonna use a nom de plume

CASSIM:
One jump ahead of the hitmen

ALADDIN:
One hit ahead of the flock

CASSIM:
I think we'll take a stroll around the block

CROWD:
Stop, thieves! Vandals!
Outrage! Scandals!

CASSIM:
Let's not be too hasty

LADY:
Still I think they're rather tasty

CASSIM:
Gotta eat to live

ALADDIN:
Gotta steal to eat

CASSIM:
Otherwise we'd get along

GUARDS:
Wrong!

CASSIM:
One jump ahead of the hoofbeats

ALADDIN:
One hop ahead of the hump

CASSIM:
One trick ahead of disaster

ALADIN:
They're quick, but we're much faster

CASSIM:
Here goes, better throw our hands in
Wish us happy landin'
All we gotta do is jump

(song ends)

The two finally got away and hid in an alley. They settled down to eat. However, before Cassim could take a bite of his loaf he saw two small children looking at him. They eyes spoke for them.

His kind heart got the best of him. He gave them his loaf. Aladdin followed his father's example and did the same. They went out of the alley and watched Prince Achmed ride by on his horse.

Suddenly the little boy ran out in front of the horse!

"Out of my you filthy brats!"

Prince Achmed pulled back his whip to them! The end of the whip wrapped around Cassim's arm!

"Hey!" Cassim exclaimed.

He jerked the whip away from the prince.

"If I were as rich as you I could afford some manners!"

He threw the whip into the prince's face!

"I'll teach you some manners!"

Prince Achmed pushed Cassim into a mud puddle and kept going. Aladdin helped his father up.

"Look at that, son. It's not ever day you see a horse with two rear ends!"

Prince Achmed stopped his horse and looked back.

"You are worthless streetrats. You were born streetrats, you will die streeetrats, and only your fleas will mourn you!"

He rode through the palaces gates, which slammed shut. Cassim took off his cape and shook the mud off it. It was clear that he was angry at what Prince Achmed said. He, Aladdin, and Abu went to their home in the highest room of an old hovel. There were only a few pillows and mats.

Back to index


Chapter 2: Two Strangers

The next morning Cassim, Aladdin, and Abu sat on top of a canopy of a melon stand. While Abu distracted the seller, Cassim and Aladdin each grabbed a melon. Abu came back up. Cassim took out his dagger with the Hand of Midas symbol on the handle and cut both melons in half.

After a few moments Cassim and Aladdin looked up. They saw a woman one year younger than Cassim and girl about Aladdin's age bump into a fire-breather, who belched a long plume of fire! Both jumped back. Their hoods fell down, revealing their faces. Cassim and Aladdin forgot about their hunger and leaned forward a little with dreamy looks on their faces.

Both were beautiful! They gave a little boy an apple from the stand next to the one Cassim, Aladdin, and Abu were sitting on. Abu was watching them too.

"You better be able to pay for that." said the seller.

When they said they had no money they were acused of stealing! The seller put their arms down on the side of his cart and pulled out a sword! He held it up above them!

"No! No please!"

He started to bring it down when a deeply tanned hand grabbed his wrist and stopped him.

"Thank you kind sir. I'm so glad you found them."

Cassim stepped in-between the seller and the woman and girl. They got away from the seller, and Cassim and Aladdin led them to their home.

"Is this where you live?"

"Yep. Just my son, Abu, and I. We come and go as we please."

"That sounds fabulous."

"It's not much but..."

Cassim pulled aside an old curtain to reveal an amzing veiw.

"It has a great veiw. The palace looks amazing doesn't it?"

The woman and girl didn't seemed to be impressed.

"Oh. It's wonderful."

"I wonder what it would be like to live there."

"Yeah. Have servents and valets."

"Sure. People who tell you where to go and how to dress."

Cassim chuckled and took two apples from Abu.

"That's better than here. You're always scraping for food and ducking the guards."

"You're not free to make your own choices." the girl said.

"Sometimes you feel..." Cassim and Aladdin started.

"You're just..." the woman and girl began.

"Trapped." they all four said.

They looked at each other. Cassim cleared his throat and let one apple roll down his arm until it reached his elbow. Flicking his arm, he tossed the girl the apple. His did the same to the woman.

"Where are you from?"

"Why does is matter? We ran, and we are not going back."

"How come?"

"Our fathers are forcing us to get married."

"I had a true love a few years back." the woman said.

Cassim sat down beside her.

"What happened to him?"

"He was killed by a group of thieves before we could marry."

"I'm sorry."

Cassim noticed something.

"Abu!"

Abu went back to where he had been sitting, chattering angrily.

"What did he say?"

Cassim and Aladdin "translated" what Abu said.

"Here you are!" a voice shouted.

The small group looked over to see guards swarming the hovel!

"They're after us!"

The four looked at each other.

"They're after you?" they asked each other in unison.

"Our fathers must have sent them to..."

"Do you trust us?!"

The woman and girl turned to Cassim and Aladdin.

"What?"

"Do you trust us?!"

"Yes." they said taking their hands.

"Then jump!"

The four jumped with Abu holding onto Aladdin's arm! They broke through canopies and landed safely on the ground. They got to their feet and began to run. Guards blocked one way of escaping!

"Come on! This way!"

Rasoul grabbed Cassim's cape as they ran by and yanked him back! Three guards held him since he was as strong as two champion fighters!

"Dad!"

"Go! Get to safety! Don't worry about me!"

"But Dad..."

"I said go!"

"But..."

"Go, son! Run! Get out of here!"

"Dad..."

"Go!"

Aladdin hesitated, though Abu was tugging at his pants.

"Please, son. Just go."

Aladdin charged the guards! They grabbed him and held onto him.

"Let go of my left hand for a moment."

The guard slowly let go of Cassim's left hand. Then next moment he smacked his son in the back of the head!

"Ouch!"

The guard took hold of Cassim's left hand again.

"What was that for?"

"For disobeying me."

"I wasn't going to leave you behind." Aladdin mumbled.

Cassim glared at his son.

"I told you to get to safety."

"I couldn't leave you behind." Aladdin said to him.

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why did you do that? You've never disobeyed me before."

It was true! Aladdin had never *ever* disobeyed his father before!

The teenage boy could hear anger and disappointment in Cassim's voice. There was something else. Hurt. Aladdin knew that his father was hurt by the fact that he had disobeyed him.

The woman and girl tried to free them but were thrown to the ground. They got to their feet like royalty and threw back their hoods.

"Unhand them! By order of the princesses!"

The guards bowed, pushing Cassim and Aladdin down so they were bowing too.

"Princess Jasmine. Princess Diana."

"The princesses?"

"What are you doing outside the palace and with these streetrats?"

"That's not your concern. Do as we say, and release them."

"I would, princesses, but my orders come from Jafar. You'll have to take it up with him."

"Believe us we will."

They confronted Jafar only to learn that Cassim and Aladdin had already been beheaded! Heart broken they rushed out to the menagerie. Their pets, Rajah and Suki, came over to them.

Suki was Diana's pet lioness. Rajah was Jasmine's pet tiger.

"It's all our fault. We didn't even know their names."

Back to index


Chapter 3: The Cave of Wonders

In the dungeon were two people. One was a man about thirty-seven years old and the other a teenage boy about sixteen years old.

They were Cassim and Aladdin! They were alive! Jafar had lied to Jasmine and Diana! Abu came in and freed them from their chains.

"We're fools."

"You're only fools if you give up." said a voice.

Cassim leaped to his feet and pulled out his sword!

"Who's there?"

An old man came out of the shadows.

"Who are you?"

"A lowly prisoner like yourselves. Together perhaps we can be more."

Cassim, realizing that the old was no threat, put away his sword.

"We're listening." he said.

"There is a cave. A cave filled with treasure beyond your wildest dreams. Treasure enough to even impress your princesses I bet."

"The law says that only a prince can..."

"Have you heard of the golden rule?"

"Depends on what you mean." Cassim replied.

"Whoever has the gold makes the rules."

"Never heard of it until now."

"Same here." Aladdin agreed.

"Why would you share all this wonderful treasure with us?"

"I need two good pairs of legs and two strong backs to go in after it."

Cassim, sensing that something wasn't right about the old man, decided to see if he was talking truthfully or just some crazy old man trying to get their hopes up then dash them away for a laugh.

"One problem. It's out, and we're in here."

The old man moved away part of the wall with his cane to reveal a winding staircase!

"Things aren't always what they same."

"Apparently not."

"Do we have a deal?"

Cassim and Aladdin looked at each other.

"It's up to you, Dad."

Even though he wasn't sure if they could trust the old man, Cassim wanted to get out of the dungeon. More importantly he wanted Aladdin to get out of the dungeon! His son deserved better than what they had!

"Alright. It's a deal."

A while later they watched in awe as the Cave of Wonders rose up out of the sand!

"Who disturbs my slumber?" boomed the tiger god."

Cassim pulled himself together, barely.

"It is us Cassim and Aladdin." he said in a shaky voice.

"Procceed. Touch nothing but the lamp."

The two entered the cave with Abu trying to hide in Aladin's vest. They entered the first room and stared in amazment.

"Just a handful of this stuff would make us richer than the sultan."

Abu ran toards a jewel.

"Abu, stop!"

Abu halted at Cassim's yell.

"Don't touch anything, Abu. We need to find that lamp."

A few moments later Abu jumped up and hit Aladdin's head. Aladdin was knocked off blanace, tumbled forward, slammed into Cassim, and fell. Cassim, caught off guard, also tumbled to the ground from the force Aladdin hit him with.

"What are you crazy, Abu?"

Abu grabbed his head and lifted it so he was looking at a large pile of gold coins. A beautiful, woven carpet was hiding behind it!

Cassim and Aladdin stood up.

"It's a magic carpet."

Carpet was still a little afraid of the strangers.

"Come on out. We won't hurt you."

Carpet came out, using two tassels as feet and the other two as hands.

"Mabey you can help us."

Carpet flew around them happily, spinning them around once.

"We're trying to find this lamp."

Carpet motioned for them to follow him. He led them into the next room. The walls were cool blue, unlike any color Cassim and Aladdin had ever seen! There was a huge tower in the water. Large rocks were like stepping stones to the tower.

Cassim got down on the first stone.

"You guys wait here."

He jumped from one rock to the next and climbed up the hundred of stairs to the top of the tower where the lamp was. It looked so plain.

"This is it? This is what we came all the way do here to..."

Cassim saw Abu about to grab a large ruby!

"Abu, no!"

Too late!

"Infidels! You have touched the forbidden treasure! Now you will never see the light of day!"

The cavern started to collapse! Cassim grabbed the lamp.

"Aladdin, Abu, head for the exit!" he shrieked at the top of his voice, praying that they heard him.

He began to run down the stairs. Suddenly he tripped and flew headlong towards the pool of water that had become a pool of lava! Carpet caught him just in time! He flew up higher, and Cassim looked around for Aladdin and Abu.

"Dad, down here!"

Back to index


Chapter 4: Cave in

Carpet flew down, and Cassim pulled Aladdin and Abu on. The lava went after them!

"Carpet, lets move!"

He sped into the first room. He was almost to the exit. Suddenly a boulder fell on top of him! Cassim, Aladdin, and Abu were thrown onto the broken stairs! Cassim grabbed the edge, Aladdin grabbed his ankles, and Abu grabbed Aladdin's shoulder.

"Abu, climb out!"

Abu did as he was told. The old man was up above.

"Help us!"

"Throw me the lamp."

"I can't hold on! Give me your hand."

"First give me the lamp!"

Cassim gave him the lamp.

"Dad, help!"

Cassim looked down and grabbed one of Aladdin's hands with one of his own just as the teenage boy lost his grip on his ankles. He looked back up at the old man.

"Help us!" he called again.

"Dad, I'm slipping!"

"Hold on, son!"

Aladdin's hand slipped out of Cassim's grasp!

"Aladdin!" Cassim screamed in horror as Aladdin fell.

Tears filled his eyes as he watched his only son disappear from sight, plunging to his death far below!

"Cassim." Abu screeched in his own way.

Abu began to use the old man's stick to help Cassim. Suddenly the old man grabbed Cassim's wrist, kicked Abu out of the way, and pulled Cassim up a little farther.

"What are you doing?!"

"Giving you your reward."

He pulled out a dagger from his robes!

"Your eternal reward." he said in a deeper and much younger voice.

Cassim gasped in fear. The man held the dagger above him. Suddenly Abu bit the man's arm! The man cried out in pian and let go of Cassim! Cassim fell back into the cave! The man threw Abu down after him!

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

Cassim struck his head with a great force and knew nothing more! He gradually regained consciousness a few hours later. He couldn't open his eyes yet. He moaned quietly.

"Easy. It's okay. You're safe now." a voice said.

It was Aladdin's voice! Cassim felt a great joy swell up inside him at the sound of his son's voice! His eyes finally fluttered open. His vison was blurry at first. Then Aladdin's handsome face came into focus! Cassim's joy grew at the sight of his son's face. He slowly became aware of the fact that his head was being cradled in Aladdin's lap.

"Aladdin?" he whispered, daring to hope that his mind, ears, and eyes weren't playing tricks on him.

"I'm right here, Dad."

Cassim's joy skyrocketed! He sat bolt upright, ignoring the searing pain in back of his head, and flung his arms around his son.

"Oh, Aladdin. I thought for sure I had lost you." he said quietly.

Tears of joy began to trickle down his handsome, bearded face.

Back to index


Chapter 5: Genie

The pain in the back of Cassim's head lessened. Abu revealed that he had the lamp! Cassim took it and looked at it.

"It looks like such a beat up and worthless piece of junk. Hey, I think there's something written on the side. It's hard to make it out, though."

Cassim rubbed it with his sleeve. Suddenly the lamp began to glow! Blue smoke poured out of the spout! A giant, blue genie emerged from the smoke!

"Then thousand years will give you such a cric in the neck."

The genie turned his head all the way around! Then he looked down at the amazed, shocked, confused, curious, and terrified Cassim, who was visibly trembling! Aladdin, Carpet, and Abu were hiding behind a large boulder, also visibly trembling.

"You're allot smaller than my last master, or I'm getting bigger. Look at me from the side. Do I look different to you?"

"Wait a minute! I'm your master?"

"Yep. You get three wishes. Three wishes only. You can't wish for more wishes."

Aladdin, Carpet, and Abu came out.

"You'll grant me any three wishes I want right?"

"Almost. There are a few rules."

"Like what?"

"Rule number one is that I can't kill anyone. Rule number two is that I can't make someone fall in love with someone else. Rule number three is that I can't bring people back from the dead."

"The first two I'm fine with. The third one just crushed a bit of hope I had."

"Hope for what?"

"Hope for getting my wife back. She died when Aladdin was four. Now he's all I have left to live for. These past twelve years he's the only thing that kept me going."

"That's not something I wanted to know." Aladdin said.

"Oh, sorry."

"I can get you out of here."

"Please do."

Genie took them to a beautiful oasis. Cassim asked him what he would wish for.

"I would wish for freedom."

Cassim took the lamp from his sash and looked at it. Then he looked at Genie.

"You're a prisoner?"

"Yep. The only way I get out of this is my master wishes me out. Guess how often that's happened."

"I'll do it, then. I pomise. I'll use my third wish to set you free."

"Okay."

Cassim's first wish was for Aladdin and himself to be princes so they could marry Diana and Jasmine.

Back to index


Chapter 6: Prince Aden and Prince Ali

The two made a grand entrance in Agrabah! They introduced themselves to the sultn and Jafar as Prince Aden and Prince Ali. Cassim was Prince Aden. Aladdin was Prince Ali. As they talked the sultan said that Diana would like "Aden." Jafar spoke up.

"Your Majesty, I must object on Princess Diana's behalf. This man is no diferent than her other suitors. What makes him think he worthy of Princess Diana?"

Cassim calmly pushed Jafar's face away from him own.

"Your Majesty, I am Prince Aden. Just let Princess Diana meet me. I will win your friend's daughter."

"How dare you?!"

They turned to see Jasmine and Diana standing not very far away!

"All of you! Standing around deciding *my* future. I am not some prize to be won!"

Diana stomped out of the throne room. Jasmine watched her friend go then went over to the small group. She was introduced to Cassim and Aladdin and gave them a tour of the palace and menagerie. As they went along Cassim realized that Aladdin and Jasmine were already falling in love! He could not keep a proud smile from spreading across his face.

That night he went up onto Diana's balcony. He tried to talk to her, but Suki chased him back to the railing! He took his turban off and shook it at the lioness. Diana sort of recognized him without his turban on.

"Do I know you?"

Realizing his mistake, Cassim quickly put his turban back on, causing the lamp, which he had put under his turban to hide it, to hit his head kind of hard.

"No. At least I don't think you do."

Cassim conviced her to go for a ride on Carpet. He began to sing.

(song begins)

CASSIM:
I can show you the world
Shining, shimmering, splendid
Tell me, Princess, now when did
You last let your heart decide?

I can open your eyes
Take you wonder by wonder
Over, sideways, and under
On a magic carpet ride

A whole new world
A new fantastic point of view
No one to tell us no
Or where to go
Or say we're only dreaming

DIANA:
A whole new world
A dazzling place I never knew
But when I'm way up here
It's crystal clear
That now I'm in a whole new world with you

CASSIM:
Now I'm in a whole new world with you

DIANA:
Unbelievable sights
Indescribable feeling
Soaring, tumbling, freewheeling
Through an endless diamond sky

A whole new world!
(Don't you dare close your eyes)
A hundred thousand things to see
(Hold your breath - it gets better)
I'm like a shooting star
I've come so far
I can't go back to where I used to be

CASSIM:
A whole new world!
(Every turn a surprise)
With new horizons to pursue
(Every moment, red-letter)

BOTH:
I'll chase them anywhere
There's time to spare
Let me share this whole new world with you

A whole new world
That's where we'll be

CASSIM:
A thrilling chase

DIANA:
A wondrous place

BOTH:
For you and me

(song end)

They watched a show of fireworks. Once back at the palace they kissed good night. Carpet floated back down to the menagerie.

Suddenly some guards grabbed Cassim! They put him in chains and gagged him! Jafar ordered that they make sure he was never found. Rasoul hit Cassim in the back of the head with the flat side if his sword! Cassim regained consciousness just they threw him over a cliff!

He landed in the water with a great SPLASH! The iron ball attached to the chains around his ankles pulled him down. He had to get to the lamp and rub it somehow! Cassim threw his weight towards his truban over and over. Then he lost consciousness! He hit the ground after floating limply in the water for a few moments.

His turban slid down, and the lamp rubbed against his hands. Genie came out and gasped when he saw Cassim floating limply in the water again!

"Cassim, snap out of it! I can't help you unless you make a wish. I need you to say that you want me to save your life."

Genie shook Cassim.

"Come on!"

Cassim head bodded up and down ever so slightly.

"I'll take that as a yes."

Genie got him up onto the cliff, free of the chains and gag. He put him down on the ground. Cassim collapsed onto the ground and was content to lay there. He coughed violently, coughing up the water he had swallowed nad gasping for breath! Finally he stopped coughing and gasping.

Cassim rolled over onto his back and lay there. His muscular build shook with every shaky breath he took. After a while he was able tp sit up. He knocked the water from his ears and shook his head. With Genie's help, he got to his feet. Genie dried him off and took him to the palace.

Cassim found Aladdin, Jasmine, Iago, the sultan, and Jafar in Diana's room with her.

"Prince Aden left." Jafar was saying.

"He would never do such a thing!" Aladdin said.

Cassim could sense that he was still a little fearful.

"You better check your crystal ball again."

Cassim walked over to Jafar, anger written all over his face!

"Tell them the truth. You tried to have me killed, Jafar!"

Jafar went over to the sultan.

"He is obviouly lying."

"Obviously lying." the sultan said.

Cassim noticed something strange about Jafar's snake staff. He inched closer verly slowly. Then he saw what it was! Its eyes were glowing! He looked at the sultan. Instead of the normal black inside the pupils it was the same as the staff's eyes!

"What's wrong with you, Father?"

"I bet I know!"

Cassim jerked the staff out of Jafar's hands and smashed the face! The sultan was no long hypnotized.

"Your Majesty, Jafar has been controling you with this."

Cassim showed the sultan the broken staff. The sultan ordered that Jafar be arrested. As two guards were taking him away he reached into his robes and pulled out a vile with something red inside it.

"This is not done yet!"

Jafar threw the vile onto the floor. A cloud of red smoke surrounded the small group. The sultan ordered that guards search the entire kingdom for Jafar. He rejoiced when he saw that both princesses had chosen a suitor. The Sultan of Bali, Diana's father, came at once.

"Prince Aden, you shall be the next Sultan of Bali."

Back to index


Chapter 7: The Truth

The next morning Cassim was in his room, thinking about what the Sultan of Bali had said.

"They want me to be the next Sultan of Bali?"

Cassim rubbed the lamp and Genie came out.

"What's up?"

"Genie, I cannot wish you free."

"Yeah you can. You just say, 'Genie, I wish you free.'"

"I'm serious!" Cassim snapped.

Genie drew back a liitle.

"I'm sorry. I really am. They want to make me the next Sultan of Bali. No, they want to make Prince Aden the next Sultan of Bali. Without you I'm just Cassim."

"You've won."

"Because of you! The only reason that anyone except for Aladdin thinks that I'm worthy anything is because of you! What if they find out I'm not really a prince? What Diana finds out? I would lose her. I can't keep this up on my own. I can't wish you free, Genie."

Genie started to go back into the lamp and stopped.

"I understand. You've lied to everybody else, after all. I was starting to feel left out. If you'll excuse me, master."

Genie disappeared into the lamp. Cassim brought it closer to his face.

"I'm really sorry, Genie."

Genie stuck his lips out through the spout and razzed him!

"Well fine then!"

Cassim threw the lamp down and slammed a pillow on top of it!

"Then just... just... stay in there for all I care!"

Then he realized that Genie had been right the night before.

"Genie was right. I have to tell Diana the truth. I'll have to get her to not reveal Aladdin somehow. He deserves better than life on the streets."

"Aden, will you come here?" came Diana's voice.

"Here goes nothing."

Cassim found her soon. She ran down the steps towards him.

"Aden, there you are!"

Cassim took his turban off.

"I have to tell you something, Diana."

"All of Agrabah and Bali have shown up. Jasmine's father already introduced Ali. My father is about to introduce you."

She took his hand and pulled him up the stairs.

"Diana, wait! I'm not who you think I am!"

She put his turban on his head and pushed him out so he was standing next Aladdin. A moment later she joined them. Then Cassim's sharp ears picked up a cracking sound over the roar of the crowd!

"Get down!"

Though confused, the two sultans, Jasmine, Aladdin, and Diana did as they were told. Suddenly the roof of the small room came off! The Sultan of Agrabah was wearing a jester's outfit! Jafar was standing nearby in the sultan's clothes!

"Jafar, you traitor!"

"That's *Sultan* traitor to you!" Iago shouted.

"We'll see about that!"

Casim took his truban off and gasped.

"The lamp. I left it in my room."

"You did what?!" Aladdin asked.

"Finders keepers, Aden."

Jafar guestered behind them with his arms. The small group turned around. Cassim and Aladdin felt like their breath was caught in their throats for a fleeting second!

Towering over them like an evil giant was Genie!

Back to index


Chapter 8: Third Wish

Genie grabbed the palace and lifted it up onto a mountian! Cassim whistled for Carpet and jumped on. They flew towards Genie.

"No, Genie!"

"Sorry, I have a new master now."

"Jafar, I order you to stop!" said the Sultan of Agrabah.

"There is a new order now. Finally you shall bow to me."

"We'll never bow to you!" Aladdin, Jasmine, and Diana said.

"Then you will cower before a sorcerer!"

"Genie, I wish to be the most powerful sorcerer in the world!"

Relutancly, Genie granted Jafar's wish. Using his new snake staff, Jafar made the two sultans, Aladdin, Jasmine, and Diana bow to him! He turned Suki and Rajah into kittens!

"Princess Diana, I'm simply dying to introduce you to someone."

"Get your hands off her, Jafar!" Cassim yelled.

Jafar began to sing!

(song begins)

Prince Aden, yes, it is him
But not as you know him
Read my lips and come to grips with reality
Lets meet a blast from your past
Whose lies were too good to last
Say hello to your precious Prince Aden!

So Aden turns out to be merely Cassim
Just a con, need I go on?
Take it from me
His personality flaws
Give me adequate cause
To send him packing on a one-way trip
So his prospects take a terminal dip
His assets frozen, the venue chosen
Is the ends of the earth - whoopee!
So long, ex-Prince Aden!

(song ends)

Cassim regained consciousness to find himself in a snowbank! He got up and dug Abu out. He slipped him under the part of his cape that draped down in front. He pulled his hood and veil up so only his eyes were showing. They got Carpet free and flew back to the palace.

They landed on a window sill of the throne room. Diana looked up. Jafar and Genie were arguing. Cassim pulled the veil and hood down and put a finger to his mouth. He slipped into the throne room. Diana stalled for Cassim by making Jafar think she was in love with him!

Cassim was slowly reaching for the lamp. Suddenly a bowl crashed to the floor! Jafar started to turn around. Diana pulled him back around and kissed him on the lips!

Cassim had jumped back a little ways when the bowl fell. He looked up and saw this. Now was his chance to grab the lamp! He couldn't move. The woman he was risking his life for was kissing Jafar!

They pulled apart.

"That was..."

Jafar stared at the crown on Diana's head. Cassim realized that he had been seen! He rushed towards the lamp. Jafar whirled around and hit him in the chest with a bolt of magic! Cassim flew backwards and crashed into a giant pile of coins!

Diana gasped and grabbed the staff. Jafar easily pushed her down. Casim charged and grabbed the snake staff. He and Jafar wrestled for control of it.

"Diana, get the lamp!"

"No!"

Jafar shoved Cassim away and trapped Diana in a giant hourglass! There was enough sand to bury her alive! He turned Abu into a windup toy and made Carpet unravel! Cassim dove for the lamp. Suddenly a sword fell in front of him!

"Whoa!"

Cassim leaped to his feet, pulled out his own sword, and battered the others away.

"I'm just getting warmed up!"

A ring of fire appeared around Cassim! Jafar transformed into a giant cobra. Soon Cassim was captured in his coils!

"Without the genie you're nothing but a worthless, lying streetrat!"

"Genie. Genie!"

Cassim tricked Jafar into to wishing to be a genie. He and Iago were imprisoned in a black lamp! Genie sent it to the Cave of Wonders. The two sultans, upon seeing that their daughters were truly in love, changed the law so they could choose their husbands. They, of course, chose Cassim and Aladdin!

Cassim used his third wish to set Genie free. Genie went off to see the world, and Cassim and Aladdin were engaged to Diana and Jasmine.

The happiest person of all was Cassim! His son deserved better than life on the streets and got it!

Back to index



Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.aladdincentral.org/library/viewstory.php?sid=780