100 Year Old Storm by Mariposa79



Summary: A massive legendary storm is coming to destroy Agrabah. Everyone is scrambling to save the city. But Sadira learns a valuable lesson about fate and love. In this story, this sand witch is getting what she wanted, Aladdin.

Venus returns from my Aladdin in the 21st century to set Sadira straight.
Rating: PG starstarstarstarstar
Categories: Aladdin
Characters: None
Genres: Action/Adventure
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 04/09/06
Updated: 12/20/06


Index

Chapter 1: Chapter 1
Chapter 2: Chapter 2- Where was Aladdin?
Chapter 3: Where was Jasmine?
Chapter 4: Urban versus Third World
Chapter 5: Lies and Consequences
Chapter 6: Hello stranger? Where have you been?
Chapter 7: So the adventure begins.....
Chapter 8: The Island
Chapter 9: The aftermath


Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Author's Notes: Hey folks. it has been awhile since I posted something new. If you see a grammatical error please let me know so I can fix it. lol I recently fired my editor. Please leave a review.


Back to index


Chapter 2: Chapter 2- Where was Aladdin?

Author's Notes: What if all the wonderful things that you experienced had been just a dream? The sand spell that Sadira created send Al and her to another world or maybe it's another time? Aladdin gets a rude awakening and needs to figure out what is going on to get home.


Back to index


Chapter 3: Where was Jasmine?

Author's Notes: Jasmine was sent into the same world as Aladdin. Will they find a way back to each other and go home?


Back to index


Chapter 4: Urban versus Third World

Author's Notes: Aladdin thinks the urban and the third world world are two different dimensions . Jasmine thinks that her father sent her out of the country to protect her.
But us readers know what's really going on. Please re.ad and review


Back to index


Chapter 5: Lies and Consequences

Author's Notes: Aladdin confesses to Cassim about that he's from another world. Sadira learns a lesson about honesty in a relationship. But is it enough for her to let Aladdin go?
Sorry for the delay folks! I need to be one chapter ahead before posting something new! But enjoy. please let a review! that would be great.


Back to index


Chapter 6: Hello stranger? Where have you been?

Author's Notes: The day of Genie's show begins and the meeting of a lifetime that will change Aladdin's life and the moment when everything begins to unravell for Sadira.


Back to index


Chapter 7: So the adventure begins.....

Author's Notes: Police chases, parazzi, the Rebels of Mozenrath, the romance is heating up! magic spells ! Read on! Read on!


They crowded around her and flashing their cameras away. Jasmine could feel the pressure. " Princess Jasmine! Princess Jasmine! " Each and everyone of them called her name.

" Princess Jasmine! Why are you part of this conspiracy that this government is hiding? What about other political figures, famous people or singers that disappeared or presumed dead? Are they alive too?" said one paparazzi

" Did you run away from your country that is in turmoil because of this gentleman here?" said another photographer.

" Princess, finding you is going to be a revelation of other people that are reported missing. Just like your father. Are you a criminal in your own country?" said another reporter.

They were getting closer and closer to her not leaving her room to breathe.

Rasoul came into the room and found a catatrophic disaster, " What the hell is going here? All of you are not allowed in this premises."

The paparazzi swarmed Rasoul with questions. The attention was away from Jasmine and Aladdin grabbed Jasmine hand. He tugged on her hand and moved his head to escape out through the exit.
" I will get you out of here." Aladdin whispered into her ear.
Jasmine agreed and ducked under the paparazzi frenzy that swarmed the room. " Anywhere but here."

" By the order the Agrabanian government and the united secret agency. We have to confiscate your cameras and your film!" said Rasoul

" This is a free country and you are violating the freedom of speech amendments. We are going to expose you and your secrets that you keep from the public." said the reporter

Rasoul noticed that Jasmine is gone. He exited the room and looked down the hallway and saw Jasmine with a stranger going out towards the exit.
" Hey where are you going with the princess! Stop! I order you!"

The paparazzi ran over Rasoul and out the door. They saw Jasmine running off with a stranger and they decided to follow her.

Rasoul spoke into his radio, " Secure the perimeter and get some agents to clean the mess backstage by the Princess dressing room. She is being kidnapped! She's taken away by a young gentleman. Black hair, tall, and wearing a black tie, grey dress shirt, and black pants."

Aladdin saw the paparazzi running towards them, " Run! They are after us!"
They quickly exited out of the emergency exit and Aladdin put a piece of wood against the door. Aladdin saw bodyguards coming out of the front entrance of the studios. He guided Jasmine across the street to the paid parking lot.
" Give me the keys to my bike." Aladdin called out to the attendant.
The parking lot attendant tossed the key to Aladdin. He noticed that the girl with him was different from the one he came in with. Suddenly there was a commotion across the street from the studios. A bunch of agents were securing the building and searching for a wanted man. Aladdin started up his bike and gave Jasmine the helmet. She looked at the two wheeled contraption.
" Is it safe?" she said.
" Yes, do you trust me?" Aladdin responded.
Something hit Jasmine as if she heard it before. A flash of memory went to Jasmine seeing Aladdin's face and offering his hand to take her on a carpet. She quickly put on the helmet and got on to the bike. Aladdin revved up the engine on the bike bars and took off. Jasmine's heart raced as she placed her arms around his abdomen to hold on. Some of the paparazzi's cars followed them and their passengers were snapping away. Right behind the photographers were the secret service and the police. Jasmine put her head down to avoid the exposure.
Aladdin noticed the followers on his mirror. " I need you to help me. Can you do that. We need to think fast to get rid of them from behind our tails."
" Okay." Jasmine popped her head up.
Aladdin added more speed on to the bike and they were ahead of the photographers.
He skidded into an alleyway and they followed. " Push the trash cans. Anything to put in their way."
Jasmine set her balance. The bike was close to the trash cans in the alley way, Jasimine was pushing them and Aladdin was helping her topple them over. Some of the cans didn't stop them. They reached the end of the alleyway but the street was directed one way. Aladdin turned the bike and they were going against traffic. His tactic stopped the paparazzi from following them. Jasmine saw the lights of the police cars ahead of them.
" We are going to hit them head on." She pointed out.
Aladdin popped a wheelie and went over the cop car.
He moved his bike to the sidewalk and he was yelling out to the pedestrians. " Coming through! Watch out! Move!"
The people screamed and quickly moved out of the way. They went into a street swap meet that was busy with people. Even though, the police cars couldn't get in the motorbikes did. They past a fabric booth and Jasmine quickly grabbed a sheet. She tossed it out and it covered the police that was on motorcycle. Aladdin looked up and he was followed by a bunch of helicopters.

Back at Parrotstout Studios, everyone was held captive by the agents the police about information on the kidnapper.
Cassim. Sadira, and Iago were in the audience benches waiting to be interviewed.
" What is going on? Where's Aladdin? He went look for the restroom and he disappeared. Was he the one who got kidnapped?" Sadira asked.
" Oh, please. Who would want to go kidnap him? For black mail into some wishes? I don't think so. The kidnapper would be such an idiot to figure that it's not going to work. " Iago responded.
" Maybe Aladdin was interviewed first and he's outside waiting for us. He'll send someone out to tell us." Cassim explained.
Rasoul passed by the trio,suddenly stop, and walked backward to give them a second look. " You three!" He screamed. " You look awfully familiar." Rasoul grinned in suspicion.
" I did it! I did it! I cheated on my taxes! I was poor! I will pay! Just don't send me to jail!" Iago begged and pleaded.
Sadira smacked him upside the head. " Will you quit it ! It has nothing to do with that."
Rasoul pointed to Cassim, " There's something about you that make me question what happened today."
Cassim recognized the symbol on the guards uniform. He was from Agrabah. " My name is Cassim. " He extended his hand, " I am a well known archealogist. I just recently did a expedition in your country."
Rasoul just looked at him and spoke into his ear radio, " We got three possible suspects. I am sending them to the front of the line." Rasoul spoke to them, " You three follow me."
" Gee, I guess someone was grumpy." said Sadira as she got up from her seat.
All three were sent to a room backstage of the studio set. The room was like an interrogation room just an table and chairs, a mirror, and T.V. monitors.
There was Rasoul and ther agents into the room.
Rasoul walked back and forth and pounced on Cassim, " Where is she?"
" I have no idea what you are talking about !" said Cassim.
" Don't you dare slither your way out of this! We have the video to prove it. The incident happened after the camera malfunction of the show. In her dressing room in the west end."
" We were given a studio tour right after. It was at the east end of the studios."
Rasoul played the video surveillance in Jasmine's dressing room. It was a shocking footage. Sadira's world came crashing down. The doomed fate that she tried to make Aladdin avoid. Cassim covered his face in disbelief in what he is seeing.
" The kid lost it." Iago said to himself.
" What was that?" asked Rasoul.
" Uh? Rasoul." nudged the other agent.
" What?" complained Rasoul
" The suspect is much younger than this gentleman here. And they were wearing different suits."
" Are you sure that you got the right person?" Sadira asked.
Someone came into the room. It was the parking attendant from across the street. He pointed the finger at Sadira." It's her boyfriend that came out of the building and with another woman who was kidnapped."
" Well..well. I may not have gotten the right person but I do have gotten new lead."
" Yes, we do know him. He's my son. Her fiancee and his co- worker." Cassim spoke out.
" Rasoul, you got to turn onto the news. You got to see this." said an agent who was just radioed from another.
Rasoul flicked on the television onto the news.
" This is a special channel seven news report. Hi my name is Anna Yakanomo. In Hollywood there's a spectacular police chase. No, ladies and gentleman it's not a movie shoot. This is happening live and they are going at excessive speeds. The police is saying that there are kidnapping charges against the suspect, endangerment to his hostage, and failure to comply with the authorities. The person that he kidnapped is a daughter who is one of the prestigious political world leader. As in right now, the country is under turmoil by the Rebels of Mozenrath.The incident started at Parroutstout Studios where the kidnapping began. Live at the studios is Jerry Delacruz awaiting for a press release from Gene de Dhjini."
Sadira got up and started to pace. She needed to think fast on her next move. How to get Aladdin away from Jasmine and to make it permanent.
Sadira look up into the mirror and saw Venus.
" And the rest is history." said Venus.
" Not if I can help it. This ain't over." responded Sadira. With her little finger she started to swirl Venus image on the mirror.
" Hey! " she called out.
" There's an good reason for this officer. My son is a good kid." said Cassim " He wouldn't do something like kidnapping. Very unlike him."
" Well you know Cassim. There was this one time he-" Iago's mouth was covered quickly by Cassim's hand.
" Ex nay on the teenager obession-ay." whispered Cassim to Iago.
" What teenage obession?" Rasoul raised his voice.
Rasoul's cell phone started to ring. " Excuse me." he said to them. " Hello?"
" Stop this circus! My daughter is in danger with that hooligan on that motorcycle!" the receiver end was screaming into Rasoul's ear.
" Your highness. How do you know what's going on?" said Rasoul
" You don't think I know what's going on? I am the Sultan of New Agrabah and this involves with my international famous daughter! It televised all over the world! Stop the heliocopters and the police chase. Do you want another Princess Diana tragedy!? Call them off! Call them off the chase! Get her back quietly !"
" Yes your highness!"
Rasoul yelled out to the agents, " Call it off! Stop the Press! Make them pull out! The Sultan doesn't want any future endangerment on the princess."
Sadira stood up, " What!? Just like that? What about my fiancee? What is going to happen to him?"
One of the agents calmed Sadira down, " We're going to get to the bottom of this. I'm sorry about your fiancee miss."
" Does this mean we're excuse from this interrogation ? " asked Iago.
" Not yet." grinned Rasoul.
Abruptly, Jerry DelaCruz received word from his radio piece,
" The chase was called off! By the order of the President and the Sultan. This is the first time in history that this has ever happened." He announced to the camera.
Rasoul slapped a search warrant in front of Cassim. " There's things that I need to know about your son."

Along the PCH by Santa Monica, Aladdin and Jasmine were being chase by the police enforcement and the media circus. They didn't noticed that the chase was called off. They continue to drive as fast as they can. Jasmine looked behind her and noticed that they were gone.
" They stopped chasing us!"
Aladdin gave a quick look through his mirrors and he didn't see the flashing lights. " That's odd."
The day was slowly coming to an end. Aladdin and Jasmine stopped at a RoadHouse by the highway. Aladdin went in to get some food and Jasmine sat sideways on the bike looking at the beautiful sunset that was sinking into the ocean.
" Here. " a hand appeared from the corner of Jasmine's eye and it was holding a hamburger. " I don't know what royal people eat but it's enough to fill a empty stomach."
Jasmine looked at the his face and she felt so close to him. "Thanks " She grabbed the burger and started to eat. Jasmine looked at him again and Aladdin just smiled back at her. " Is it me or did your hair just got shorter ?"
" I don't know how my hair got to be this way. I always thought I had my hair longer. I woke up one morning and it was short."
" To be honest with you, I don't remember the plane ride here. I just woke up one morning and here I am."
" Me too." Aladdin was right on his instinct that they didn't belong here. Jasmine was starting to believe him but she wasn't sure. "Anything else out of the ordinary." Aladdin asked
" I saw myself on a cover of a booklet. I don't remember getting my picture taken or how it got there. What do we do now?"
" I guess we have to wait until everything cools down. We have to come back to downtown and talk to Gene De Dhjini."
" Why him?" Jasmine asked
" When I saw him. I knew him from somewhere and the moment I shook hands with him he recognized me."
The sea breeze blew and Jasmine felt the shivers. She rubbed her arms to get some warmth. Aladdin took off his dress shirt.
Jasmine's face turn red," What are you doing?" She noticed that he had a under shirt.
" Trying to keep you warm." Aladdin placed his shirt around her shoulders and rubbed her arms to keep her warm. Jasmine looked up at him and they locked eyes. The glow from the sunset made Jasmine looked so beautiful. It was the right time and the most perfect atmosphere. It was a signal to go for it. Aladdin brushed the hair from Jasmine's face and lean in for a kiss. A big eighteen wheeler truck honk its horn just before he touched her lips. Startled by the horn Aladdin jumped back.. Jasmine laughed at his expression. She noticed that the sun was gone. " It's getting dark. We can't check into motel. Where are we going to stay the night?"
" There's a camp ground down by the beach. We will stay there."
" We don't have anything to camp on."
Aladdin smiled, " Just wait here."

Moments later, Aladdin appeared from coming up the hill. Jasmine could still smell his cologne on the dress shirt that she was wearing
He bowed like a prince, " Your royal chambers awaits." Aladdin took her by the hand and led her to the beach camp ground below. There was a two logs, blankets, and a warm fire.
" Where did you get all this?"
" I borrowed a few things from a friend of mines." Aladdin improvised hiding the real truth.
" Borrowed?" questioned Jasmine.
" Okay, I gave twenty dollars to those beach campers next door to lend us their stuff." Aladdin admitted.
Jasmine covered herself and Aladdin with the blankets. She laid her head on his shoulder and looked at the stars. Aladdin laughed nervously and put his arm around her.
" Why are we here instead of the places where we belong?" asked Jasmine.
" That's the same question that I have been asking myself. I really don't know."
" As long as you're here then I can belong anywhere."
The sounds of the waves crashing onto the shore and the moonlight that shines above gave the atmosphere a soft trance. Jasmine fell asleep and Aladdin just laid there watching her. For everything that is so wrong in this world being with her was so right. It was that same feeling in every dream that he had about Jasmine. He didn't want it to end.

The following morning, Sadira got up and went to the bathroom to get ready for the day.
She turned on her radio. " Another sixty seconds of sleaze."
Ellen K speaks, " Did you see that spectacular motorcycle chase? Princess Jasmine is in trouble again and she was taken away after she was being hoarded by a paparazzi.
She was supposed to be doing a appearance in Gene De Dhjini's talk show to discuss relations in her country. Until a malfunction in the camera's that started the chaos. Was it planned? Was it really a kidnapping? or Was it a rescue? As seen in the surveillance tapes sparks fly with her and rescuer. They were spotted together on the Pacific Coast Highway. Who is her handsome hero? Tell you more at 9:30."
" Just to want to let you know that Ellen got it here first." said the radio broad castor
Sadira quickly turned her radio off. ' How am I going to get Aladdin away from Jasmine? or Jasmine away from Aladdin ? What is my next move! Sadira think fast! ' She noticed her tabloid magazines all stacked by the toilet. ' That's it! My answer!'
Sadira need more materials for her idea. She needed to stop by the store to get her ingredients.
Just before she opened the door, she was surprised by photographers.
The flashes of the camera shutter away as they yelled out. " Sadira! Sadira! Sadira! "
" Have you heard from your fiancee?" said a reporter
" Is he really working for the Rebels of Mozenrath?" said another
" What about his relations with the princess?" A reporter yelled out.
Sadira quickly went back into her house. ' This is going to be a long day.' She peeked out through her window and they were waiting for her to come out.
Venus looking like a news reporter with her fedora, trench coat, and microphone in her hands. " Sadira! Sadira! How does it feel when you're plans for ultimate destiny with a man that is not meant for you foil?" Venus put the microphone to Sadira's face.
" Why haven't they fallen in love yet?" said Sadira
" Well they have. When they saw each other in the dressing room. Wait..... that doesn't sound right. Well... you know what I mean. " said Venus.
" Then why am I not brought back into the place where I came from?" pestered Sadira
" Nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah." The goddess of love makes fun of Sadira. " Because you're still not convinced that Aladdin belongs with Jasmine."
Sadira smiled, " You got that right. You deserve yourself a cookie Venus."
" What evil plan you have up your sleeve?"
" Is Los Angeles a desert?"
" I guess so why?"
" Watch this." Sadira saw a sandbox in the elementary school across the street. " Secrets of the Sand please blew away to those who inform. From a dust devil to a quick sand storm." The sands in the box was a dust devil heading towards the media and the reporters. Suddenly it got big and blew them away with their equipment. Sadira was able to walk out of her front door.
" Hey Missy! You promised! No magic!" yelled Venus.
" Venus, it was not magic. To them it's a weird weather occurence happened. It happens here only in L.A. "
Venus looked up to the skies, " Dude, can she really do that? Because I am ready to do some serious hocus pocus of my own." She noticed clouds began to form. " Ok. I won't Just don't strike me."


Hours earlier, the eastern horizon was beginning to get some glow from the sunrise sun. Jasmine opened her eyes and found her body wrapped by the arms of a man who is her rescuer, protector, and destiny. She felt obligated for everything that Aladdin done for her. His nobility, heart of gold and acts of kindness. The rescue from a frenzy of paparazzi, dinner, and the campfire on the beach. It's a big risk that she's taking. Jasmine never stepped outside of the mansions high security walls or left without her bodyguard keeping an eye on her. There were some doubts at the back of her mind. Why would her father lie about her love being dead, if he's here in front of her? Did she really came from another world with him? or Is he a crazy person conspiring ? Why does heer know her and why does she feel like she know him? For the wonderful things that Aladdin had done, it seemed that he wouldn't harm her. Whatever it is, Jasmine didn't seemed to care. She is willing to go to the ends of the earth with him. There something about him that attracts her. Jasmine got up and went to the Food Mart across the PCH highway. As she walks across, Jasmine didn't noticed that Aladdin's bike was being investigated by the police. The door chimed as Jasmine went in the food mart. She got some items to clean up like a travel toothbrush, mouthwash, cleanup wipes, and a comb for Aladdin and her. Along with some sandwiches, fruit, and drinks to wash it down. Jasmine walked down the aisles, she felt as if there are eyes watching her every move. She needed to get out of there. Jasmine was right the store clerk look at her with familiarity. She put her items on the check stand as the clerk studied her. His little television had a talk show on and they were talking about the incident with the Princess and her kidnapper.
" Is this all they talk about? They can't talk about nothing else? What about the other news today?" said the clerk with his thick accent.
" I know what you mean." Jasmine replied back. She gave the clerk some money for her stuff.
" Is there anything else that I can help you out? Just let me know." The clerk was hinting if Jasmine needed any escape for her kidnapper.
" I am good thank you." Jasmine replied as she walked out back to her campground.

Back at the campground, Aladdin opened his eyes and found that Jasmine wasn't there by his side. He started to panic. ' Oh no! Not again! Was I dreaming again? I knew how I got here or Did I change worlds without knowing? I hope it's not the olives in that dip I ate yesterday. ' Aladdin covered his face into his hands in disbelief. Is he going through another episode ?
" Did something happened ?" a familiar female voice called out.
" Jasmine!" said Aladdin so happily.
" Look I got stuff to refresh ourselves and breakfast."
" Did anybody see you?"
" Just the clerk. I don't think he recognize from anywhere." Jasmine handed Aladdin the stuff in the grocery bag.
Aladdin smiled deviously, " What about those hard to reach places?" A water bottle came whizzing through and hit him. " Hey."
Jasmine smiled, " Oh, I'm sorry. I thought you were paying attention to catch it."
" I was talking about my back." Aladdin joked with her.
" Use a stick."
After they cleaned up, they ate breakfast as they watched the waves crash onto the shore. Aladdin offered his hand to Jasmine to walk down the beach. They didn't say a word to each other but enjoyed the company.
Jasmine broke the silence, " What's our next game plan?"
" We got to wait out a little bit more."
" So we just keep on driving up the coast."
" If you want."
" That's sounds fabulous."
Aladdin splash some water at Jasmine. " That was for the water bottle incident."
Jasmine splashed some water back. They started to chase each other, laughing and playing. Aladdin gave her a piggyback ride. From a far he noticed that their campground was trashed. " Someone was here." He put Jasmine down.
" Maybe there was a flock of seagulls that came by." Jasmine explained.
Aladdin looked up at the sand hill and noticed two men in black. They were looking in their binoculars at them. " Do they belong to you ?" All of a sudden there were two more men that came behind them along with a black truck.
" I don't think that they belong to me." Jasmine answered.
" I think we're they're targets. Run!"
Aladdin and Jasmine started to run and they were being followed. A shot was fired and another.
" I don't think they are the good guys." Aladdin replied.
" I know who they are. They're the Rebels of Mozenrath and they're here to kill me."
Aladdin was looking for an escape and to save Jasmine. He saw a boat out to sea and a pier ahead. " Let's run to that pier. We're going swimming."
" What !?"

Back to index


Chapter 8: The Island

Author's Notes: This is the latest chapter before I leave for vacation. And there I will finish the rest of the story and start on a new one. In this chapter, Jasmine find out more about Aladdin's life in the modern world and about his fiancee Sadira.
thank you so much for your patience and leave a review.


Chapter 8 - The Island.


"What!?" Jasmine screamed, " I just got myself all cleaned up. I don't have any extra clothes laying around or If I can remember how to swim."
" You just have to trust me on this. Have I ever failed you?"
They ran onto the wooden pier with the men in black following them. Jasmine was getting tired of running and Aladdin held onto her like a rag doll. They reached the end of the dock. Aladdin climbed up the railings and helped Jasmine up." It's so high up!"
She can see the ocean blue about two stories down. They heard the guns clicking ready to fire.
" Princess, move away from him and we'll take you home. We're the good guys." One cried out.
" Your father gave us orders to retrieve you back." said another.
" I don't believe you." Jasmine responded. " Show me your badges."
They flashed their wallets but it was too far too see. Jasmine saw a shadowy figure in the truck. She grabbed onto Aladdin's hand and gave him a look as if something wasn't right.
" Toss us. Your badges." Aladdin called out.
" How will we know that you won't do something smart?"
" Do you think that I have anything dangerous on me right now?"
The men in black refused to throw one of their badges out to them. " Just give up right now. You have no choice but to go with us."
Aladdin yanked Jasmine with him as they jump off the pier. The cool water hit them with a sea of bubbles tickle. Jasmine was going to surface up but Aladdin pulled her down.Shots were fired into the water and it was like little torpedoes raining down. Jasmine was running out of air. Aladdin pulled her close mouth to mouth, breathe into her and giving her any oxygen that he had left in his lungs.They swam under the pier against the pillars and took a breath of air. Just before Jasmine could say a word. Aladdin hushed her and pointed up. They hear footsteps running on the wooden plank above.The men in black were talking to each other.
" Did they drown?"
" Check under boardwalk. If you see them shoot them! "
" Jasmine, hyper-venilate to get more oxygen into your lungs. We going underwater again. We're going to swim to that boat and get to safety." Aladdin whispered. Jasmine was getting oxygen into her lungs. " They're coming! Hold your breath and swim for it."
Aladdin and Jasmine submerge into the water.

The unsuspecting fisherman got a surprise into his boat.
" What in the world ?" he yelled as he saw someone crawled into his motorboat.
" Please! We need your help!" Aladdin cried. He pulled Jasmine up aboard.
" Aren't you the couple that the cops looking for?"
" We got attacked and we need to find a safe place to call for help." Jasmine pleaded.
" Please, we are in danger." Aladdin added.
The fisherman noticed strange men on the pier looking for them. He knew that they didn't belong to the police or the Royal bodyguard. " Lay low." The fisherman started his boat and started to head north. It was about for about twenty minutes and the fisherman told them the coast was clear. Aladdin looked up and noticed some islands not too far away. " Can you take us there?"
" Catalina island?"
" Yes."
" I don't know if I have enough gas to make it there."
Jasmine gave him a wet hundred dollar bill from her skirt pocket, " Is that enough?"
The fisherman took the money and drove towards Catalina Island. Aladdin was watching the mainland slowly disappear. He looked at Jasmine and she had this look in her eyes. Aladdin just smiled back at her and shyly coy away. He felt her eyes still fixed on him. Aladdin looked up and found her looking again. The boat entered into the Avalon Harbor. It pulled up to the dock. Aladdin helped Jasmine up onto the landing.
" Thank you for helping us." said Jasmine. She turned to Aladdin. " What are we doing here?"
" There something about this place. I read it in my journals. Well, the Aladdin that I switched places with." He looked at Jasmine. She had this confusing look in her eyes. He continued, " The Aladdin that belong here. He's probably stuck where we came from and that goes the same for the Jasmine here as well."
" Oh, do you think that they met?"
" Maybe."
Aladdin and Jasmine walked up the hill from the harbor. they followed the streets into a neighborhood and stopped in front of a house. There was a white porch and a white fence. It had a cute garden in front and little wind objects that move when the wind blows.
"Awe, how cute." Jasmine commented on the little cottage.
" If remember in the journal right. There should be a key in those windmills." Aladdin walked to a tiny version of a Holland windmill. He found the key inside.
" Who's house is this?"
" It belonged to my family's. It was their little getaway from the pressures of city life." Aladdin opened the front door. All the furniture was covered in white sheet from the dust dirtying it. Up and the wall were more family pictures and beautiful artwork.
" Did you get that in the journal as well?"
" Yeah, the journal said that we haven't been here since-" Aladdin saw Jasmine looking at a picture of his mother. " My mother passed on."
" I'm so sorry. Your mother is beautiful. You have her eyes."
" Let me look around the house for us to get out of these wet clothes."

While Aladdin was looking around. Jasmine decided to rid of the white sheets over the furniture. She smiled at the family pictures. A picture of a young Aladdin smiling big with missing teeth hugging his mother from behind. She saw a picture of Aladdin's father. ' So that's where he got his good looks from. ' Seeing Aladdin's father made Jasmine miss her own.
" I wish I had these memories." Aladdin's voice said from behind. " I wish I knew my mother. To know how loving she is and to know her. That little boy in that picture had the most wonderful life. A life that I dreamed of having."
By the sound of Aladdin's voice, Jasmine believed him. It was so sincere and honest. She could tell by his eyes that he was telling the truth. Jasmine tried to think back before she got here. There's was no pictures that were displayed in the mansion or people that told her life here. Everything was kept secret from her. Maybe, she's the one from another world and Aladdin was nice enough to play along. All her answers is thousands of miles away or it? Where ever is home. Jasmine needs to go back to it.
" Here." Aladdin continued. He offered her clothes. He was already into fresh new clothes. " They are women's clothes. I guess they belonged to her mothers."
" After, I'm finished changing. Can we find a way to contact the captain of the guard?"
" What? After what happened ? Do you think they're lenient towards me?" He disagreed.
" Look, we have the Rebels of Mozenrath after us. I don't think that we can take on against them. They have weapons that spout fire and can severely injure us. At least we'll be protected. I can convince them to drop charges."
Aladdin was more convinced that Jasmine came here with him, " Weapons that spout fire? Do you know the names of the actual thing?"
" Well, just because I'm rich doesn't mean that I don't know anything. It also doesn't mean that you have to make fun of me."
" No no no no. I " I was the same thing too. I thought that my television was a box with moving pictures with sound."
Jasmine laughed, " You too?"
" Yes." Aladdin grabbed her hands and looked into her eyes.
Jasmine blushed red, " I am going take this and change."

While Jasmine was freshening up. Aladdin went to the kitchen to find some food left over. There were preserves, dried food, and can refreshments in the pantry. Nothing in the fridge but frozen food dinners. Cassim mostly did the cooking back at the mainland. Jasmine came back after her shower and smelled something wonderful coming from the kitchen.
She smiled, " Is there anything that you can or can't do?"
" I'm always one jump ahead." Aladdin responded. " I've been thinking that we should try to contact them to get help."
" Great idea. I think we should." Jasmine agreed.
" Do you have any contact to reach them?"
" No, I don't. I thought you did."
Aladdin laughed, " I don't even know how to use the phone or that thing where you push buttons and talk to them." He pulled a chair from a table for Jasmine to sit. " Maybe after we eat. We can figure something out."
After dinner, Jasmine went to her drenched purse to look for clues to call home. Jasmine pulled something out like a phone book. " I'm sorry, Aladdin. The numbers look smeared to read."
Aladdin found a phone close to the couch and there was address book. He found a number next to home. " Look, I can call my dad." He pointed out. Aladdin picked up the phone and pushed the buttons with the matching numbers that is written down.
The phone rang,
" Hello?" Cassim answered.
" Dad?"
" Aladdin! Thank goodness that you called us. Is the princess with you?"
" Yes she is, but we are in trouble."
" I know you are. Don't worry. I got the best lawyer to get you out of these charges against you. Just come home and there would be no trouble"
" Charges!? "
" Yeah, kidnapping, failure to comply with police and destruction of property."
" I didn't kidnap the princess."
Jasmine quickly responded, " He didn't kidnap me. I ran away."
" We'll I think that it is the least of our worries. If we don't make it out here alive."
" What do you mean?" Cassim asked
. " We need help. We were attacked at the beach by the Rebels of Mozenrath. I think they're still hot on our tails."
What Aladdin didn't see while he's on the phone with Cassim is that his home is full of secret agents and the Agrabanian guards. There were special equipment trying to track down the phone call and location. There was a piece of paper that was printed out.
" Rasoul?" called an secret agent.
" Where are they?" Rasoul responded.
" Catalina Island. Avalon City."
Rasoul grinned, " Let's go hunting fellas. You may never know what that sick-o can do to her."
And what the agents don't know is they are too being bugged by the Rebels of Mozenrath. Across the street was a van with their own spy equipment. " Yes, Rasoul. We are going hunting as well." As soon as they heard of the destination of where Aladdin and Jasmine. The van screeched out. The agents outside noticed the mysterious van move and quickly. The radio in Rasoul to inform the news and followed them.
Cassim heard their conversation and try to talk in code to his son, " The pirate has found the treasure in the island. There will be assistance be careful on the horizon. You might walk the plank. Are you in the Cave of Wonders?"
" Uh? Okay." Aladdin had no idea what his father said. " Please hurry." He ended the call.
" What? Did they say?" asked Jasmine.
Aladdin scratched his head clueless, " Something about a pirate finding a treasure in the island or else we walk the plank?"
Jasmine looked out the window at a far off distance. " This is insane and all I want is to go home. All this for power. How can I ever thank you?"
Aladdin laughed, " For what?"
" For saving my life." Jasmine moved herself closer to him.
Aladdin laughed nervously, " You were in need and I came to your rescue. I would-"
" Mmm - Hmm ." Jasmine interrupted as she inched closer and look deep into his eyes.
Aladdin was under her spell. " I was wondering, how you do that thing when you breathe into me." said Jasmine as she played with the buttons on his shirt.
" I saw that in a movie once." Aladdin responded.
Jasmine wrapped around her arms around his neck, " You know I was thinking of something else."

" Really? What is that?" Aladdin was playing it dumb but he knew what Jasmine was talking about. It was a seductive move that the princess is pulling after many failed attempts Aladdin has tried. It was her turn. Jasmine leaned into him. The phone rang.
" I got to get that." Aladdin spoke
" No, no. You don't have to." Jasmine tried to bring back the mood.
" What if it's them? Your security guards? or My dad?"
" Let them call back." Jasmine walked forward and Aladdin walked backward.
He back into the couch and fell. Something squeaked as he landed. He reached behind and pulled a stuff monkey. Aladdin looked at it. ' Abu ?' He thought. The phone continued to ring and it stopped. " Ok. Where were we?" He grinned raising one eye brow.
" I believe you were going to kiss me." smiled Jasmine.
Aladdin placed his hands on her face and tried to go for it. A voice echoed through the room. It was the answering machine.
" Hello? Aladdin? This is Sadira. Your father told me that you were here in Catalina with the Princess. I hope that this isn't another episode that you're going through like you're living another life because none of it happened. You just got caught into your work and I don't know something in your mind snapped. Maybe the princess had to do something with that. But please I beg of you. Come home. I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I know apart of you is still there. You can turn this around."
Jasmine pulled back with a strange look into her eyes and Aladdin covered his head into the couch pillows. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. Sadira called and she left a message!
" Look, I can explain. "
" There's no need to explain. It's perfectly clear what was given in that message. " said Jasmine upset. " All this was a lie! "
" What!?" exclaimed Aladdin.
" You made me believe and I am such a fool!"
" What part ? " Aladdin realized what he just said. " No, it's not what you think."
" What part?! All of it! " Jasmine grabbed a pillow and started hitting him repeatedly with her frustration.
Aladdin got up and grabbed the pillow from her hands, " Let me explain."
Jasmine didn't let him speak " For some reason. I thought, ' Hey, he was genuine let's give him a shot. ' and seeing all these pictures of a family with wonderful memories of a life that you wish you had. Suddenly, a message from a fiancee you left behind appears. A fiancee! We've been exchanging this vibe to each other and you never told me that you have a fiancee at home. It made sense to me that -"
" Because !" Aladdin interrupted, " I don't remember her. All the memories that I've had are with you. It's weird. It's like a half remembered dream. The feelings I've had for her are nothing compared to what I have for you. I've seen you in my dreams. I feel like I've known you forever. For a moment, I was convinced that you don't exist. One day, I saw you and I knew that you were real. Which is more of a reason that I needed to find a way back to where I belong. I am not the only person here that is feeling this way."

Jasmine was so confused. There was two sides of story that she is hearing. She understands his point of view because there were some things that happened to her that didn't add up. But then again, a message that is left by his fiancee taking about a episode and she speak of loving words.
" This isn't right, Aladdin." She grabbed on what's left of her stuff. " There are two stories that don't mesh together. You never told me about her. I mean, If you lied about this one then what else have you lied to me about."
" I haven't lied to you. It's just that haven't told you about it."
" And when are you going to tell me that?!"
Aladdin felt his neck turned hot, " Uh.. Now?" His tone of voice sounded more of a question than a answer.
Jasmine laughed, " Nice " She headed out the door.
Aladdin stopped her in her tracks, " Where are you going?" He wouldn't let Jasmine walk out on him.
" We need to find our way back on our own terms because I want to go home and figure out what to do. Everything is so jumbled up in my mind right now. I need to be on my own."
" You can't go out there. It's dangerous. What if the Rebels of Mozenrath are out there?"
A fear struck Jasmine but she showed no mercy. " Well, it's a chance that I have to take. They can't have me running forever." Jasmine opened the door and was about to step out. Aladdin think of something quick to make her stay.
" You owe me." He blurted out.
" What ! "Jasmine turned around towards him.
" You heard what I just said. You owe me." Aladdin crossed his arms with an attitude. He knew what he was doing and it struck a nerve on Jasmine.
" I never said that I owe you on anything." She retorted back.
" You said that I saved your life. So, it's common courtesy that you're in debt towards me."
Jasmine was a loss of words. He was right. The safest place in the whole island was with him. She turned around and went back into the house. " This doesn't change anything. I am still mad at you."

That evening as they laid to rest. Neither one of them could get a wink. Aladdin wanted so bad just to be with Jasmine but she's angry at him because he didn't tell her about Sadira. He told her the truth. What more can he prove to her? Jasmine tossed and turned and it was ten till midnight. She finally dozed off.
The princess found herself on the cliff looking at the ocean. The grass is green and the wind is blowing. She was wearing the most beautiful dress that she ever saw .Right in front of her was a master of ceremony.
He smiled at Jasmine, " Never in my life to see two people in love than these two in front of me."
Jasmine turned her head and saw Aladdin next to her. He was looking so handsome in his suit. He held her hands and look into her eyes. In the dream, Jasmine realized. Is she getting married ?

Jasmine woke up in the middle of the night. She went to the kitchen to get a glass of water. She saw Aladdin sitting at the table drinking a glass of milk. He was just wearing pajama pants and no shirt on. She blushed red. He looked so attractive.
Jasmine saw something different on him. It was Aladdin's tattoo. She knew automatically that this isn't the love of her life that she left behind. But a stranger that helped her. That doesn't explained why they recognized each other at the studios and why his face so familiar.
" Where did you get that glass of milk?" Jasmine asked.
" I couldn't sleep. I went for a walk and found a small store in the corner. Want a glass ?" He offered.
" Sure." Jasmine answered.
" What are you doing up?" said Aladdin as he poured her a glass.
" I couldn't sleep either. When I finally did, I had this dream and it seemed so real. It felt like I was there and you were in it."
" What does it mean?" Aladdin smiled.
Jasmine smiled, " I don't know. But something is telling me that I should keep you around." Something crashed in the living room that echoed through the house. Jasmine gasped, " Someone's in here!"
Aladdin held her hand, " Hide. Let me go check it out."
" What about you?" Jasmine asked.
Aladdin pulled a frying pan from the cabinets. " Do you think this will do?"
Jasmine took the pan, " Thanks. What are you going to have?"
" No, I want you to be safe."
" And take all the fun? Besides, two heads are better than one." Jasmine responded.
Another sound of crashes that echoed the through out the house. " Okay, somebody is definitely in this house."
" Fine." Aladdin pulled out a meat cleaver from the drawers. They both walked towards where the noise is coming from.
" Separate and scan the area." He instructed Jasmine.
" By myself?" Jasmine asked.
Aladdin gave her a look. " It's either. You're with me on this or I suggest you hide."
" Ok." Jasmine went her separate way across the hallway.
Aladdin went to the living room where the crash was coming from. He looked at the window and it was opened. Something scurried across the floor. ' Its a animal. It went through a opened window and knocked down some vases.' Somehow, he didn't see someone coming from behind . WHACK! He was hit on the head and he fell to the floor.
" Aladdin! Aladdin! I got him! I knocked him out!" yelled Jasmine in delight. " Aladdin! Aladdin ?"
She looked at the person on the floor. " Oh my gosh! I killed him!" Jasmine examined him, " You're alive! Thank heavens." She struggled to put Aladdin on the couch while he's still unconscious. Jasmine grabbed a blanket and covered him. She sat on the lounge chair next to him and she dozed off.

Aladdin heard the phone ringing in the background but he couldn't get up. " Somebody get the phone. It's ringing and giving me a head ache."
Jasmine awoke by Aladdin's ramblings and answered the phone.
" Hello?"
" Princess Jasmine?" a voice answered
" Rasoul?" she spoke
" Are you alright?"
" I'm fine. Are you coming to rescue us?"
" Just as soon the first cruise is ready to launch out here. We are on our way. Just be out on the docks. What's going to happen to Aladdin?"
" Jasmine. There's something wrong with him. He's not well. He has this sick obession for you when he was younger. Yeah, his fiancee told us that he was over it when they met."
" Oh?"
" He had an episode after he proposed to her. He thinks that he lived another life. It was really bad. We also found a journal entry that he worked for the Rebels of Mozenrath."
" What? That's impossible. He would never hurt me."
" He maybe sincere but princess he's dangerous. That was his plan, to be nice to you and hand you over to his buddies. Our agents tell us that they are on their way to get you right now."
Jasmine was speechless. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. After many weeks of running from the enemy. The enemy is staying at the same house. How can that be? He was so kind, loving, and charming.
" Princess Jasmine." Rasoul continued. " Get out of the house and find a safe place until we are there."
" Yes, Rasoul." After Jasmine hung up the phone. She quickly grabbed her things and slipped out of the house.

A few moments later, Aladdin woken up with a sore bump.
" Ow! My head!" he said as he rubbed the back of his skull. " Jasmine?" Aladdin looked around. " Jasmine?" He got up and investigated the rest of the house. " Oh no. What if they got her last night? I need to find her." He called his dad.
" Dad? I think they got Jasmine. Somebody broke into the house and knocked me out cold."
" Aladdin. They couldn't gone too far. But you need to stay where you are. Let us come get you and let all this chaos settle down." said Cassim on the other line.
" No, I need to find her. I can't live myself down if something happens to her."
" Son, you need to realize the damage you've done here. I am concerned about you and your future."
" I love her dad."
" No, you don't. You are marrying Sadira remember? They saw your journals and your memoirs. I think it's a infatuation since you were a teen I've been trying to explain to them but they don't believe me. I got the best lawyers with us and we can find this thing."
Aladdin ignored Cassim and all he could hear was the word. ' Infatuation'. " You're wrong. It's the love you feel for mom. I know she loves me too. I got to go. I need to find her."
Cassim was calling out Aladdin's name to get his attention. But it was too late.
Aladdin quickly changed into day clothes and headed out the door. He ran down the hill into downtown Avalon.There was this restaurant by the bay where the all the ferries empty and pick up their passengers.
Jasmine was sitting eating her breakfast and waiting for her bodyguards.
Aladdin found her, " Jasmine! Thank goodness, that you're alright. Why did you -"
" Get away from me." She interrupted him and got up to escape from him. " I owe you or not. I know who you really are."
" What? I'm lost. Fill me in here."
" You think I'm stupid? That I wouldn't figured it out ?" A electric flash went through Jasmine. It was a vision where Jasmine was sitting on top of the Chinese Palace with Aladdin. Fireworks were exploding across the night sky. Aladdin was there next to her.
It was a sense of deva ju and Jasmine just paused. She started to cry with frustration. "Please, just get away from me. Whatever you're doing. Stop."
" Stop. What? Tell me."

Suddenly, they were surrounded my cops, secret agents, the Swat team, and there was helicopters above. They could hear all the clicks of the guns around them and all were aiming at them.
" Tell me the truth. Tell me what other things that you are not telling me about."
" I told you everything that you need to know and that I love you. I want to be with you. We can go home. Our home. "
Jasmine was choking back some tears, " Have you ever thought that you might have amnesia?"
Aladdin laughed, " No. No. What are you talking about? I remember you. I know you. How can I forget you?"
" Aladdin, there are some things that you don't understand. But one day, you are going to remember all this. Your life here. Your love for your fiancee and that fact that you're a member of the Rebels of Mozenrath."
" Rebels of Mozenrath? That's a lie! I would never hurt you. I love you. I wouldn't put you in that jeopardy."
" They found proof. Aladdin. Along with other articles, that will incriminate you when we go back."
" I was framed. I thought you would believe me. You were convinced that you had these memories of me and that you too didn't have any memories before you got here. Why are you going back ? We are going to find a way home."
" You're not the person who I thought you were. Okay, maybe if I was. Have you ever thought that we were here for a reason? That there's something here that we need to do."
" Don't make me regret not knowing what could have happened for us. You love me. I can feel it. It's the way you look at me and touch me. " He touched Jasmine face and leaned into her. Aladdin was about the kiss her. Jasmine felt his magnetic pull.
Aladdin was automatically separated from her. Jasmine's bodyguards tackled him to the ground.
" No! " Jasmine screamed, " What are you doing! Stop it! He means no harm."
Rasoul pulled Jasmine away, " It's okay. Your highness. You're safe now."

Back to index


Chapter 9: The aftermath

The princess watched in horror as the agents pinned Aladdin down and hand cuffed his wrists. Aladdin didn't know what was going on. Everything happened in a blur. " What is going on here? Why are you doing this? Jasmine! Jasmine! Make them stop!" Aladdin cried out.
The tone of his voice made Jasmine's heart break. She had to do something.
They have no right for them to treat him that way. He didn’t even put her in any danger at all.
“Let him go.” She told Rasoul.
“ He is considered to be an enemy of the Agrabanian government! You’re in danger by being in his presence. Not to mention that he is not well.” Rasoul responded to her.
“ Not well ?” Jasmine wondered. “ Yes, the wheels in his head is not turning right.”
The little voice in Jasmine’s pit of her stomach was telling her the truth all along. Through all this time, she ignored it and followed her heart instead.
The agents picked up Aladdin from the ground and was escorted by five secret agents into the ferry back to Los Angeles. They locked eyes for a moment. Aladdin was lost and confused. He saved her life. Twice! Is this what he get for saving a princess?! The moment was broken when Rasoul and the other agents placed Jasmine on a separate boat. It was quiet ride back. Jasmine sat at the back part of the ship watching the island disappear. She clutched the blanket that was wrapped around her as the sea breeze grew cold.
" Princess Jasmine, there something that you need to know about your kidnapper." said one of the agents. He explained to her what happened while she had gone missing. There were legal documents that showed proof that Aladdin was working for the Rebels of Mozenrath. After that they showed her “The Book”, it was a compilation of all her media photos, articles, magazine clippings and a log book of all the locations that she went to. The composition didn't really add right to Jasmine.
“ I don’t understand. He took care of me and he was so sincere. He didn’t seemed dangerous to me at all. The Rebels of Mozenrath attacked us at the pier and they were shooting at us. Have you ever thought that he betrayed his own people? That he had a change of heart ?” There were other parts to her story that she didn’t bother telling them. There was the unexplained chemistry that burned between them. How they almost kissed numerous of times. She felt that connection with him as if they lived another life together. But once again she went back the life she knew. A prisoner.
 
Aladdin was sitting in the interrogation room of the police station. Federal agents surround him.
Rasoul paced back and forth in front of him. His large muscular figure didn’t scare Aladdin. “ There are two possibilities that might happen for you. It’s either you can
co operate with me or I can make your life in prison a living hell for you. And we’re abiding by Agrabanian standards here.”
“But we are on US soil. Don’t I need a lawyer present?” Aladdin responded.
Rasoul leaned in face to face with him and grinned. “You should have thought that before joining the Rebels of Mozenrath. You are charge of conspiracy in destroying the Royal Blood Line.”
Aladdin laughed, “ Rebels of Mozenrath ?! Why would I save her life? If I were involved then I would have lend her to them when I had the chance.”
Rasoul got angry and pulled his shirt, “Don’t you patronize me. Tell me where they are.”
” I don’t work for them. So how would I know?”
The Captain of the guard took a swing at him, giving Aladdin a blow to the cheek. “ Liar!” he yelled.
“That’s the truth. The princess was being mauled by photographers and I helped her escaped.”
Another blow to the opposite cheek and his head jerk to that direction, “Keep throwing in excuses. They’re not going to work.”
Aladdin took the blow and a little blood was leaking from the corner of his mouth.
Down the hall, Sadira was watching in horror as Venus shows her through the digital camera.
“What have I done?” as Sadira gasped.
“This is your doing because you wanted a life with him. You can’t fight what was predestined for Aladdin.”
“Jasmine is far from Aladdin now. I don’t think she’ll be back into the picture anymore.”
“He’ll fight for her.”
“We have a history together and a whole life ahead of us. He’s going to realize that he’s wasting his time on a fantasy and I am his reality. So let me have my happiness with the love of my life.” Sadira walked out of the precinct to take a breath of fresh air.
“You can’t fight fate, love and destiny. Sadira.”
But Sadira didn’t hear Venus.
 
Back at the interrogation room, Rasoul showed Aladdin evidence that he was involved with the Rebels of Mozenrath. Aladdin, knowing that he had memory lapses in the past. He was not sure if he did or if he did not. But it’s something that he knows for a fact that he wouldn’t be involved in. All he remembers is a bits and parts of a faded memory with Jasmine.
“What’s wrong? Street Rat? Loss of words?”  Rasoul grinned. Suddenly the word ‘ Street Rat’ hit a nerve with the Captain of the Guard. He stood silent and glared at Aladdin. “Are you sure that we haven’t met before?”
“I am pretty sure. If we have crossed paths then I would recognize your ugly face. But there’s one thing for sure. I don’t work for the Rebels of Mozenrath.-“
“Then how do you explain Princess Jasmine?” Rasoul interrupted.
 She was in trouble and  I helped her.”
“More like an obsession sick-o.”
Aladdin laughed, “You’re wrong. You see. Jasmine and I are together in another dimension and we have to find our way back home. There’s one person that help us get us back.” Rasoul gave him a look as if he was crazy and he laughed hysterically. “It’s the truth. Why don’t you believe me?”
“ Exactly what dimension do you speak of?” Rasoul asked. Aladdin said the time and place. The captain of the guard laughed at Aladdin again. “It’s 2006. Not Ancient Arabia.” Rasoul called in for some more evidence and they threw out “The Book”. “ It seems to me. That you need help and considered to be dangerous to be around the Princess.”
Aladdin looked at the book and was surprised in what he saw. It was all about Jasmine. Pictures, articles, newspaper clippings and to every event that the Princess ever attended. She was huge public figure among the international circuit.
" I've never seen that in my life before."
" It was in your closet with your journals, documents, and pictures." said Rasoul
" I was framed! I know what's in there and I never seen that before. Honest."
" Do you know that for sure?"
"I don't know." Aladdin lowered his eyes and he covered his face. He was confused.
" It seems to me that you're driven into insanity. You need to figure out what's real."
" What? I am not insane! I am telling you the truth!" Aladdin exclaimed.
" I had enough with you.Faroud! " Rasoul turned to one of his agents. "Take him to the cell. Until further questions."
They threw him into the police stations jail cell. " Hey! When can I see Jasmine? Is she okay?"
The officer laughed, " I don't think that you'll be seeing her anytime soon You're going to be in here for a long time."
" What? I think that you got the wrong guy here. You should go after the real bad guys.The Rebels of Mozenrath." Aladdin cried out. The officers just ignored him and walked away.

Jasmine was home at the mansion by the beach. The security was more tight and secured around the perimeter. The princess no longer can go outside the house anymore until the war in New Agrabah is over. In her bedroom, the sea wind blew her sheer white curtains in and it brushed her face. Jasmine opened her eyes and wondered if everything was just a dream. She walked out to her balcony to look at the ocean scenery. Jasmine remembered him. His eyes. His kindness. His sincere. His heart. She was worried on how they treated him and how everything had ended so sour. But he was a member of the Rebels of Mozenrath and suffering a psychological illness. Jasmine knew in her heart that Aladdin didn't mean any harm.
There was a knock on her door.
" Come in." She called out.
It was Amina bringing in her breakfast and Jasmine broke into tears. " What's wrong?"
" Amina, I am so confused. I don't know what to believe anymore. "
Amina comforted her, " Just be happy that you are home safe and sound."
" But what about Aladdin?" Jasmine asked.
" The hot guy who won the diamond in the rough seats and that he got you into this chaotic mess. The same guy who's charged for conspiracy and kidnapping. Not to mention that he got mental issues. Right now he is going through a severe interrogation with some serious government officials. You know how Rasoul is on his prisoners.
Jasmine stood there silent because she realized the cruelty that Rasoul can do with his prisoners. " Oh my gosh! It's all my fault. Aladdin doesn't deserve this. He didn't do anything wrong. He saved my life." she cried. " He was a prince and I treated him like a criminal."
From that moment, Amina knew that there was something more that went on between them. " You can turn this around. You are the princess. You make the decisions not them." Amina turned on the television and there was a special report on the news. The war in New Agrabah has ended and the Rebels of Mozenrath has been caught. Amina turned to Jasmine, " Looks like you're going home."

Five hours later, an officer came to Aladdin's cell, " You got a visitor." He was brought to the visitor's lounge and his father Cassim was there with his lawyer. The lawyer was dressed in a nice suit and he looked all primped and polished. He was about Cassim's height and about Aladdin's age.
" How are you doing son?" asked his father.
" Every things fine until I got shot at, tackled down, got beaten and got thrown into a cell. Don't forget to mention that they think that I've flown over the cuckoo's nest. I just want to talk to Jasmine, get this straighten out and go home."
" Yeah." said the lawyer sarcastically. " I don't think that you're going to be talking to her soon."
" Yes, I can. All you got to do is contact the Agrabanian government and they can reach her."
" No, I don't think that is possible son. We are concerned for you and the
consequences that you'll have to pay. Until you reach a plea." said Cassim trying to persuade.
" Not guilty." said Aladdin automatically
" We don't have enough evidence to prove that you're " Not guilty"." said the lawyer
" I didn't do anything wrong. Why am I being punished?" Aladdin placed his hands on his face in disbelief and rubbing his temples. " What should I plea?"
" Plea of insanity" said the lawyer.
Aladdin laughed in what he was hearing, " That's even worse! I am not insane!"
Cassim and his lawyer sat there silent. Aladdin was shocked, " Please, not you too."
" Well, you're not the same ever since we got from our expedition from New Agrabah." said Cassim.
" Aladdin, if you don't agree to do this "Plea of insanity", then you're going to be lock up for a long time. Do this plea , get a doctor to examine you and let the doctor to the judge that you're insane. Of course, you'll do your time in the mental institution but it's much faster than jail."
" Son, just get your life back normal and agree to this." Cassim pleaded to his son.
" I am normal! Why are you making me lie? I saw this on television but isn't that against the law or something like a felony? "
" You're not well. Can't you see it? Everybody else sees it. You're harming the people you love by your actions! Poor Sadira! All she ever wanted is to spend her life with you and you're throwing it away with a dream. Live in the now."
" Sorry, Dad. Jasmine's real and I rather spend my life in jail than to live a free life without her."
Cassim realized that his son is in love with the Princess and it was the same feeling that he had for his mother. " The situation that you are in make it impossible to be with her. They won't let you get anywhere close to her."
" Is it that bad?" Aladdin asked
" You are on their public enemy number one list."
" And by the way. I am not working for the Rebels of Mozenrath. Dad, you should know that about me."
" We're fighting on that too." said the lawyer.
" Then why should we plea insanity?"
" Because you are not well. " said Cassim
" I am well! I am perfectly in good fit and healthy."
" Then what year is this and do you remember what happened a year ago in this time?" said the lawyer
Before Aladdin answer back and sat back looking at the ground, " I don't know. I don't remember."
" Do you agree to do this plea?" Cassim asked.
" Give me time. I will think about it." Aladdin got up and was taken back to his cell.

The next morning, the helpers were loading Jasmine's luggage into the limo. She's going home back to New Agrabah. Once Jasmine is home everything will make sense and her questions in her mind will be answered. She talked to her father that morning.
They revealed all the people who were working under the Rebels of Mozenrath and Aladdin's name wasn't on that list. There was still that factor that Rasoul told her, ' He wasn't feeling well.' But Aladdin didn't harm her but he saved her. The only wrong that he did to her is that he didn't tell her the truth about having a girlfriend. Before, Jasmine arrives to LAX to fly home. There's something that she got to do.

Aladdin sits in his cell still thinking about the that plea his father and the lawyer had offered. He thought of the consequences that he is going to pay if he doesn't go through with it, the consequences if he gets caught in lie, and if he does plea then he'll be sent to a mental institution.
" Psycho. " said the officer as he opened his cell door. " You got yourself a pretty visitor for you."
Thinking that Jasmine had came to her senses and explain what's happening. She found Sadira instead. " Sadira?" Aladdin said suprised.
" I'm glad to see you too."
" I came here on my own to convince you to make the right decision."
" Did my father put you up to this?"
" Look, I know that you've been to hell and back. And you shouldn't be in here because you helped someone out. It's one of the reasons why I love you because you have a good heart and do what is right. It's a wonderful thing that you did for the princess. There are some things that don't work out the way you expect them to be. "
Aladdin knew that she was talking about Jasmine. " It's so sad that they don't see that potential in you." Sadira continued. " I want you to be free, happy, forget this whole ordeal, and move on. I am not the only person here who is suffering through this ordeal. Your dad's house got thrashed by the F.B.I. looking for evidence. I got hoarded by the media. You got me so worried. That something might have happened to you."
" I'm sorry. " Aladdin apologized, " I have no -"
" Looks like you're free." The guard interrupted.
" How can that be?" Aladdin asked.
" All she said was a life for a life her debt is repaid." said the guard.
Automatically Aladdin knew it was Jasmine. ' She came to her senses.' He thought. The guard set Aladdin free and he was in a hurry to get out of the precinct. Sadira trailed behind.He looked around finding a familiar face in the office.
" Aladdin who are you looking for?" Sadira asked.
" Well. Duh! Who else?" Venus yelled dressed as a police woman. As Sadira passed by her. Aladdin ignored Sadira's questioned and went outside. As he went outside, he didn't find Jasmine. He was disappointed.
" I'm sorry. But she's not here." said Sadira standing behind Aladdin.
" What do you mean?" Aladdin turned around to her.
" The war is over now. The Princess went home back to New Agrabah."
" Then I will go find her." Aladdin turned to walk down the street.
" Where will you look? You're not going to find her. They won't let you get close to her even if you did." Sadira stopped him into his tracks. " It's over now."
" How would you know?" he said getting irritated.
" Because! She's not here waiting for you! She may have freed you but where is she? Open your eyes, look around you and smell the scenario that you put yourself in. Whatever you had with her is over. She's not looking for you. The princess has gone home. "
There was devastation into Aladdin's face. He felt a cold brush of reality that penetrated his soul. Sadira's heart broke as she saw his face saddened. She realized how much Aladdin loves Jasmine. But the situation seemed so impossible for him to be with her.
" I'm so sorry that things don't work out the way you expect them to be."
" Yeah." Aladdin responded so quietly.
" Let's go. Let me take you home."


Back to index



Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.aladdincentral.org/library/viewstory.php?sid=746