Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Coronavirus has hit New York and I am frightened
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Coronavirus has hit New York and I am frightened
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edward Falcon
Sultan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:18 pm    Post subject: Coronavirus has hit New York and I am frightened Reply with quote

Sorry to dabble into current events, but as an active member of this forum, I am scared of catching the Coronavirus after hearing that it has hit New York, which is near the state I live in and I am in fear for my life thinking it won’t be long before it hits here too. I’m scared to even leave the house after hearing the news and I can’t find a way to distract myself or try to take my mind off of it either.
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last I checked, there were 50-something confirmed cases in the US, and most of them were people who traveled. That's like 0.00000002% of the population. Just wash your hands, friend. You'll be fine Smile
Sultan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meesh wrote:
Last I checked, there were 50-something confirmed cases in the US, and most of them were people who traveled. That's like 0.00000002% of the population. Just wash your hands, friend. You'll be fine Smile

There's a lot more than 50. And there's already been one case reported in my state.
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well yes, I posted that over a week ago. It's in my state too. In the grand scheme of things, it's still a low number. And as long as you're not elderly or immune-compromised, you're very unlikely to die from it.

Don't worry friend. Just be smart, safe, and hygienic.
Elemental

Location: Travelling in time and space on the Guliverkli 5, trying to catch up to the TARDIS.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly yeah, the best you can do is just try to be careful and keep yourself hygienic as much as possible. Last week Budapest got hit with this virus, though outside of 1 case in Debrecen, all the others are people from other countries, mostly from Iran. Really thankful that I live at the very edge of the city and already travel as little as possible.

Still worried though. The cases where they were found is very close to where my mother works (and hospital where they quarantined people are also like next house) and for her this might be fatal if she gets infected with it. Not exactly a worry-free time for sure.

Least the government here took it very seriously, to the point they already cancelled the March 15th celebration and events and quarantine any possible cases (along with keeping everything clean. Even public transportation is super clean now). They are also considering closing down schools and universities temporary and least double checking people who could be infected.
Edward Falcon
Sultan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zitagirl wrote:
Sadly yeah, the best you can do is just try to be careful and keep yourself hygienic as much as possible. Last week Budapest got hit with this virus, though outside of 1 case in Debrecen, all the others are people from other countries, mostly from Iran. Really thankful that I live at the very edge of the city and already travel as little as possible.

Still worried though. The cases where they were found is very close to where my mother works (and hospital where they quarantined people are also like next house) and for her this might be fatal if she gets infected with it. Not exactly a worry-free time for sure.

Least the government here took it very seriously, to the point they already cancelled the March 15th celebration and events and quarantine any possible cases (along with keeping everything clean. Even public transportation is super clean now). They are also considering closing down schools and universities temporary and least double checking people who could be infected.

I wish more people I knew were taking it seriously. Even my own mother is telling me that I am overreacting and that it isn’t a big deal, which really throws me off.
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should definitely be careful. But you shouldn't freak out. Continue to enjoy life. Just for know maybe avoid large crowds, and wash your hands Smile
Elemental

Location: Travelling in time and space on the Guliverkli 5, trying to catch up to the TARDIS.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we are officially in self-quarantine. Everything is closed down and I only go to shop for food. Hope we won't loose are sanity XD

Oh I know Meesh I shouldn't freak out and I try my best. Stress is already like a poison and rather avoid having that as much as possible.

Justz hoping this will end soonish. Never experienced such thing but I can already see people go crazy.
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm practicing social distancing as well. While the introvert in me loves relaxing at home, I'm an hourly employee, so I reeeeally hope this doesn't last long.

Anyways, I'm here for anybody who needs some company.

A friend posted this, though. Thought I'd share Smile

Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd still risk it tbh Laughing
zitagirl
Elemental

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm introvert myself, so I'm not bothered with this self-quarantine much. Mom though is heavily extrovert though and already can see her being frustrated with this after a week.

Honestly 2020 hasn't been a good year so far, though personally it got a little bit better now that Weekly Shonen Jump announced Bleach anime returning, along with other stuff.

Least some good humor makes even times like this tolerable. Razz
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheDailyShow/status/1239675876196958218

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'd still risk it tbh Laughing

Same though

AladdinsGenie wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/TheDailyShow/status/1239675876196958218

Splendid, absolutely marvelous <3 Laughing
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How's everyone doing?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm essential personnel so I'm doing as well as one can be on the front lines despite your job being decorating Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum