Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Open Casting Call for Aladdin the Live Action Movie
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Open Casting Call for Aladdin the Live Action Movie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject: Open Casting Call for Aladdin the Live Action Movie Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/msdanifernandez/status/839729143377911808/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Should be 18-25, Middle-Eastern, and good singer. Dance experience a plus Smile
Sultan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So happy they're looking for unknowns who can sing for this!

I'd still love the original Broadway cast (I'm bias) but as long as they get good actors/singers who fit the roles I'll be happy and unknowns is definitely the way to go for that.

I expect they'll still stunt cast the Genie with a big name but Robin Williams worked out fantastic there in the original so there's every reason to be optimistic. Plus you can get away with a bit more in songs like Friend Like Me than you can in ballads like A Whole New World or Proud of Your Boy (which had better be in there Laughing)

Unrealistic but I'd love to see Jonathan Freeman as Jafar! How incredible would that be for him to take it from animation to stage to live action!
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The search continues apparently. Some articles say they've been scouting the UAE. This one has a different email provided than the original one:

http://www.fox2detroit.com/entertainment/250315328-story

Other articles list comedians such as Will Smith, Eddie Murphy, and Kevin Hart as considerations for Genie.
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love all of those people but none of them will work for Genie. at all. Laughing

If they're looking for a black comedian, they're better off getting Keegan-Michael Key or Jordan Peele or Hannibal Buress or someone not quite as well known as Will or Kevin or Eddie, but can do impressions really well and is known for that smart, sharp wit Genie has while, delivering the emotional stuff, too, since they're clearly basing this casting off James Monroe Iglehart cause anything close to the vein of Robin Williams is still gonna be #TooSoon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum