Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - have you ever taken a class that wasn't required?
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

have you ever taken a class that wasn't required?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:26 pm    Post subject: have you ever taken a class that wasn't required? Reply with quote

Have you ever taken a class that you didn't need for credits at all, and had nothing to do with your major? Have you ever done it during a time when it wasn't financially practical? My mom might kill me Laughing Shocked Sad
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the precise reason I had to stay an extra semester because I was missing 12 credits worth of classes I needed, but took 12 I didn't Laughing. They let me slide on half of them, though, and I took two summer courses for the other half, but those were my favorite and best classes I took in college. I wouldn't trade it for anything.
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What were the classes, if you don't mind sharing? I'm really scared because one of the classes I took is something I'm not naturally talented in. I can't afford to get a low grade in it at all, but there's no guarantee I'll get a decent grade. Maybe I'm overreaching. I just really hope I don't regret this. Shocked Exclamation
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was an art major, so I took two additional art history classes (History of Photography and Islamic Art History - no special reason why I took that last one Laughing), but I also loved history in general, so I took two extra history classes (American History 1960-to the present and Middle Eastern History - again, no special reason for that last one at all Laughing). I was told I had all my credits at this point, though, so I thought I was ok and was just taking 'fill in' courses. Come to find out I didn't have all of the ones I needed, so I had to take two summer classes when my financial aid didn't cover it Mad
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna take a computer programming course, but math is not my strong point at all Laughing I'm going to need so many Aladdin quotes to get through this. How about "But I thought computer programming couldn't kill anybody??"
"You'd be surprised what you can live through!"
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you taking computer programming for? Just cause you want to learn?

I ran far away from math. Far, far away Laughing
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I just always wanted to learn it. I am sooo not amazing at math Laughing I used to run far, far away from it, too. But the only pre-req was College Algebra (which I struggled with. hard). I must be crazy. Shocked But I really wanted to try it.
misstoril
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I changed my major twice so I ended up taking a bunch I didn't need.
At least computer programing is useful. My history music class just had me listening to Albanian scream singing for three months of my life I will never get back.
lisa jane
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran far away from math... failing it every year in high school... only to run into a job in finance.

I've taken a whole heap of classes over time that I didn't need to, I'm doing it right now. Did a whole bunch of advanced classes in high school that wound up counting for nothing, went over and above the credits I needed to have in college, and right now I'm doing a course very similar to the Arabic course I did last year... so similar, I'm bored.

But too chicken to sit the exams.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think running away from math is an Aladdin fan thing or something Laughing
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're all the artsy type? Laughing
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I am Laughing
lisa jane
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Aladdin fans may be artistically inclined and champions at running away from maths...
Princess of Agrabah
Fangirlishly Enamored Soul

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate math and I love doodling in class Laughing I'm not taking any art classes though because I can't be graded on that, I'd just fail epicly XD
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

update on my class! the book we're reading starts off very formally, and then surprises the hell out of me with this:
Quote:
The computational processes inside the computer are like magical spirits that we can harness for our work. Unfortunately, those spirits only undertstand a very arcane language that we do not know. What we need is a friendly Genie that can direct the spirits to fulfill our wishes.
The author then continues to give Genie related examples for another whole paragraph. Laughing I think this class was meant to be Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum