Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Jafar's Romancer's Chatroom
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jafar's Romancer's Chatroom
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lisa jane
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much back to normal now, stomach still mending (the smallest thing throws it out of whack) but getting there Smile

'His' set is a black doona cover with tiny white lines, 'her' set is a cream doona with an ornate gold patterna all over it - we've got the same cream sheets and pillow cases. Our requirements weren't that hard... either black, dark red, navy, violet, dark green... pretty much any dark colour with gold accents. But apparently that's too hard so we got two sets Razz
JafarsRomancer
Wife to the Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting back to normal is good! ^^ How are you feeling today? My stomach is the exact same way, so I can totally relate. It's acting up today for absolutely no good reason. *sighs*

Ooo, they sound very nice! Lol, that's so funny that the requirements weren't hard but you ended up with two sets anyways. xD I love the colors you were thinking about. I really love dark colors. And the gold sounds so pretty!
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JafarsRomancer wrote:
?

Misstoril: I'm so glad it's going awesome! How was your day today? I'm glad I'm feeling better too. ^^ Thank you. Oooh, I'm so glad to find another horror thread! I'll have to check out the horror thread. Have you seen The Exorcist? I watched that last night. ^^

I have and it's very good. Exorcist III is excellent too. Great dialoge and one of the best jump scares I've seen. Do you have any favorite horror movies? Halloween's a good time for em.
LJ: That sounds pretty. We have seperate towel sets because we can't agree.
lisa jane
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feeling much better now Jenna, hope you are too!

Misstoril - aww that's so cute! I don't think we've ever brought a towel set (got given towels when we moved out, then a million sets of them when we got engaged), but we keep our towels separated in the bathroom; his hang over the shower rail, mine on the back of the bathroom door... I'm not sure why we do that but he explodes whenever he realises I've used his towels, which I do frequently Razz

Arabic class turned out to be non-existent. Long, long story short, all three of us students were advised that it was cancelled after 1) the starting time of the course, when all of us were already at school, 2) when we'd already been told that day it was going ahead and 3) ringing our teacher to find out where he was. Now there's an investigation at the school to find out how this happened, we're getting refunded and probably get a discount off future courses as compensation. On the bright side, the three of us have started an Arabic study group which our teacher is coming along to at least for awhile to be our tutor, and when he's not there, has given us his contact details to ask him any questions, any time.

Class of students with teacher for a fee vs semi-private tutoring with teacher for almost nothing (we do want to pay him)... we're actually better off this way.
JafarsRomancer
Wife to the Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misstoril: Oooh, I'll have to check those out! Yeah, my favorites are The Last House on the Left, Hostel, My Bloody Valentine, The Devil's Rejects, TCM: The Beginning, Midnight Meat Train, and House of Wax. ^^ Have you seen any of those? Oh, and Babysitter Wanted wasn't bad either.

LJ: I'm glad you're feeling better! Right now, I'm just very tired. I'm sorry about Arabic class! The study group sounds good though! I think that study groups can be far more beneficial sometimes! ^^

I'm kind of having a bad day. I got into an argument with my mom and for some reason, I'm just very tired. :S
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A study group is beneficial, but our text book really isn't very helpful... there's exercises to do on our own, but the instructions on how to do the exercise also happen to be in Arabic, so it could take us ages to merely work out what we're supposed to be doing, let alone do it.

Hope tomorrow's a better day for you Jenna Sad I'm tired but that's cause I got up early on a day off to get out to a Middle Eastern market... at least, that's the plan. I'm still sitting on the couch.
JafarsRomancer
Wife to the Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's been forever, but let's see if we can bring my chatroom back to life. xD

How has everyone been doing? Does anyone have any plans for the weekend? Smile
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! Good to see you!

Well, I work tonight and tomorrow night and Sunday afternoon, and it's the weekend of my spring break lol. So I'm not quite sure what I'm doing in my breaks.
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only plans I've had for this weekend, I've done... was at a friend's place last night till 1am, then had a chiro appointment and some errands this morning.

Rest of weekend will be housework, most likely...
misstoril
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This weekend starts my spring break, so I'm going to spend it cleaning so I have free time later. I also had a wonderful friend and director give me an Ipad! So I'm super excited about that and am going to mess around with it. I'm finally getting time to costume too, and I will post photos of that, because I am an attention 'ho. I also am going to finish Season One of Game of Thrones and see about putting up some Aladdin fan works.
in short, "Eff sleeping."
JafarsRomancer
Wife to the Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone! Despite it being St. Patrick's Day, I had a really boring day where I just sat around, did homework, and wished I could go outside. It's been really warm like 78 degrees here lately. It feels like summer, not March! lol

Meesh wrote:
Hey! Good to see you!

Well, I work tonight and tomorrow night and Sunday afternoon, and it's the weekend of my spring break lol. So I'm not quite sure what I'm doing in my breaks.

Hi! It's great to see you again too! Very Happy How have things been for you?

Aw, that kind of sucks that you have to work on the weekend of your spring break. -_- Are you thinking about just relaxing then between work? Sometimes that's the best way to take a break imo. xD

lisa jane wrote:
Only plans I've had for this weekend, I've done... was at a friend's place last night till 1am, then had a chiro appointment and some errands this morning.

Rest of weekend will be housework, most likely...

Did you have a nice time at your friend's house? My dad was watching basketball last night and was hogging the TV, so I was just sitting around bored at 1 am. ;P

Did you end up doing some housework? The only good thing about a broken leg is that you can get out of your chores. xD

misstoril wrote:
This weekend starts my spring break, so I'm going to spend it cleaning so I have free time later. I also had a wonderful friend and director give me an Ipad! So I'm super excited about that and am going to mess around with it. I'm finally getting time to costume too, and I will post photos of that, because I am an attention 'ho. I also am going to finish Season One of Game of Thrones and see about putting up some Aladdin fan works.
in short, "Eff sleeping."

Yay for spring break! Good idea to get the cleaning over with. That's never exactly fun. You're definitely lucky to have an iPad! Have you used it at all yet? I'd love to have one of those. xD I can't wait to see your photos. That will be really awesome!
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JafarsRomancer wrote:
Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone! Despite it being St. Patrick's Day, I had a really boring day where I just sat around, did homework, and wished I could go outside. It's been really warm like 78 degrees here lately. It feels like summer, not March! lol

Meesh wrote:
Hey! Good to see you!

Aw, that kind of sucks that you have to work on the weekend of your spring break. -_- Are you thinking about just relaxing then between work? Sometimes that's the best way to take a break imo. xD

I dressed up for work, kind of Leprechaun-y Smile

Yeah, I've pretty much just been relaxing during my breaks. Did some nice Spring cleaning.

My life... Well, the bf and I are broken up atm since we've been with only each other for 5 years. It's time we see if there is something better. Who knows? Maybe we'll find that we're meant for each other some day.
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm always surprised when I hear couples have been together that long at so young of an age because that's usually the time when they get dating out of their system before committing like that. You guys were special.
lisa jane
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JafarsRomancer - I had a good time but went home around 1am and left my husband there - everyone else was drinking and I wasn't, and have been exhausted all week anyway. All our housework is done - we've been throwing heaps of stuff out lately and reorganising rooms in our house and stuff, so it's pretty spotless right now.

In regards to age of couples, my parents started dating when my Mum was 13 (my Dad being five years older), and 36 years later, they're still together. I think it just depends on the people really... some people like to see what is out there in terms of dating other people, and some people don't - my husband was the first and only person I 'properly' went out with, but he'd dated half a dozen people and had the dating out of his system by then, while I've never really experienced it. There was a time after a couple of years when I considered leaving him to see if we should be with other people, but he didn't want to go back there and talked me out of it (thank god). But both ways is good, and five years is quite a long time!
JafarsRomancer
Wife to the Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meesh wrote:
JafarsRomancer wrote:

Meesh wrote:
Hey! Good to see you!

I dressed up for work, kind of Leprechaun-y Smile

Yeah, I've pretty much just been relaxing during my breaks. Did some nice Spring cleaning.

My life... Well, the bf and I are broken up atm since we've been with only each other for 5 years. It's time we see if there is something better. Who knows? Maybe we'll find that we're meant for each other some day.

Dressing up for work sounds fun! Very Happy I don't think I wore any green at all yesterday...xD

That's nice. How did the spring cleaning go? I relaly need to do some cleaning actually. My room is a huge mess at the moment. -_-

I'm sorry to hear about your bf, but I hope it's all for the best. Five years is actually quite a long time though. I hope you'll be able to find someone perfect for you soon. ^^

AladdinsGenie wrote:
I'm always surprised when I hear couples have been together that long at so young of an age because that's usually the time when they get dating out of their system before committing like that. You guys were special.

I was thinking the same thing! Everyone I know seems to be having a different boyfriend or girlfriend every week or month. x_x It's harder to commit when you're young, I suppose...

lisa jane wrote:
JafarsRomancer - I had a good time but went home around 1am and left my husband there - everyone else was drinking and I wasn't, and have been exhausted all week anyway. All our housework is done - we've been throwing heaps of stuff out lately and reorganising rooms in our house and stuff, so it's pretty spotless right now.

In regards to age of couples, my parents started dating when my Mum was 13 (my Dad being five years older), and 36 years later, they're still together. I think it just depends on the people really... some people like to see what is out there in terms of dating other people, and some people don't - my husband was the first and only person I 'properly' went out with, but he'd dated half a dozen people and had the dating out of his system by then, while I've never really experienced it. There was a time after a couple of years when I considered leaving him to see if we should be with other people, but he didn't want to go back there and talked me out of it (thank god). But both ways is good, and five years is quite a long time!

I can understand that; I probably would've left at that point too. I've been exhausted lately which is weird since it's not like I've been doing much. Wow, your house sounds like it's looking really nice then! ^^ Had it been a while since you had re-organized? I really, REALLY need to do that. I can't open my closet without stuff coming flying out of it.

That's really cool how your parents started dating when your mother was 13. ^^ My parents didn't meet until they were in college, I think. Aw, that's good that your husband managed to talk you out of going back and dating other people. He must have really cared for you at that point. ^^
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum