Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - My Fanfic
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Fanfic
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Fan Works
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JafarsRomancer
Wife to the Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:49 pm    Post subject: My Fanfic Reply with quote

I hope this is the right place to post this...if not, I am sorry and let me know! Anyways, I started a fanfic and so I thought I'd post the link here. Opinions are appreciated. ^^

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7431087/1/Shadows_Demons_Three_Wishes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
lisa jane
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll read it, though not right now. I'll leave a review there.
JafarsRomancer
Wife to the Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much! I'd love to hear what you think. ^^ Do you have an account on FF?
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/55128/Lisa_Jane

I'm not very creative when it comes to thinking of screen names.

Handful of quick stories in there and a two part, bane-of-my-existence near novel of a story. I've noticed people either like the first or second part, and hate the other - would be interested to hear what you think.

Edit - I've left you a review; let me know if you have any questions Smile
JafarsRomancer
Wife to the Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, I change my username literally every week. Maybe I'm a bit too creative. Razz

And I read one of your stories and it literally blew me away! You're an incredible writer! I'm going to read all your stories, but I might review one chapter at a time because I am probably the world's slowest reader.

Thanks for leaving a review on mine! I really appreciate it! ^^
Vizier's Handmaiden

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say, I absolutely detest stories about original characters from our world being dragged into the world of the fandom. (I don't dislike ALL original characters; I've written them myself. I just find the Neverending Story approach overdone and easily done badly, and prefer OCs who've always lived in the canon world.)

Yet, yours was fairly well-written and the characters were interesting.
JafarsRomancer
Wife to the Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thanks. ^^ Lol, I read your first sentence and was like "oh god, she's going to hate this." xP But yeah, I read your whole review and thanks for not hating it too much. I'm thinking about doing a Jafar/Jasmine fic as well at some point, I just need more inspiration. Do you write at all?
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JafarsRomancer wrote:
but I might review one chapter at a time because I am probably the world's slowest reader.

This works out well because I'm probably the world's slowest writer.

Well, not really. Though I haven't written anything to the series in the last six weeks because the story's fallen into a giant plot hole, and I haven't quite decided what to do with it (either one character does something that totally uncharacteristic of him at this point, or I change the end entirely), because part of the plot wasn't something I intended to write in the first place, and has screwed up the rest of the story... Confused
JafarsRomancer
Wife to the Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, well hey, slow writing is better than unfinished writing, which is something I am VERY guilty of. Razz

Oh, I can totally relate there. You should see me when I get stuck in a story and can't find a way to make it IC. I get all upset and I'm all ticked off about it until I can figure out what to do with it. Good luck with figuring out what to do next! It can be very tricky! :S
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JafarsRomancer wrote:
You should see me when I get stuck in a story and can't find a way to make it IC.

That's kinda the problem... this particular character is in fact already 'in character'... problem is after 51 chapters, this character has evolved a bit and what he might've done in chapter 1 without a thought, he wouldn't necessarily do in chapter 51 without realising consequences... but if he doesn't do it then the ending which I've had for years now changes drastically.

Ah screw it. The plot can proceed as planned Razz
JafarsRomancer
Wife to the Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally relate then! Can I ask who this character is? For some reason, I keep thinking Jafar, but I always have Jafar on my mind, so I'm probably wrong. Razz

Alright! Sometimes you just have to say that and continue on as planned. I usually think original ideas are the best, you know?
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is Jafar, but I ain't saying anymore so no plot bunnies are given away haha.

Original ideas are the best but unfortunately my stories (both fan-fiction and original) tend to write themselves once they get going, and roughly half of this plot deviates from what my original idea was.
JafarsRomancer
Wife to the Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, I always know when something is related to Jafar. ^^

And OH MY GOD, I just have to say that I started reading another one of your fics and I'm convinced that you're the best author I've ever read before. Your stories make me speechless. Really, I just love them. You're so amazing at writing; do you ever think about trying to get a book published?

Rofl, yes, same here. I always come up with a bunch of random ideas during the middle of writing and somehow I end up doing something WAY different that what I had intended to do. Oops. =/
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww thank you sweetie! I've not published a book before but I've had... I think ten or so short stories published and a handful of poems, a few years back (used to do public readings, win writing competitions, was editor of a non-fiction magazine for awhile). I do have a couple of unfinished novels lying around which I doubt I'll finish.

Now I just prefer to write for fun, I don't have a lot of time to write as it is between work and school Smile
JafarsRomancer
Wife to the Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely no problem! I'm thanking you for writing such amazing things. I can't stop thinking about your fic and I wanna know what's going to happen next! ^^ Do you think a lot about your fics? Your plot is fantastic! I tend to reuse the same plot over and over again. Razz

I bet you won a lot of writing competitions! You're amazing. ^^ Oooh, can I ask what your novels are about? You should finish them if you can. I bet you could get them published.

Same here actually, writing is just a hobby for me. I'm not that good at it, but it's fun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Fan Works All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum