Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Aladdin anime
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aladdin anime
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Princess of Agrabah
Fangirlishly Enamored Soul

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:13 pm    Post subject: Aladdin anime Reply with quote

Has anyone seen "Aladdin and the Magic Lamp" from 1982? It's an anime version of the story, and while of course the Disney version is my favorite I definitely enjoyed it Very Happy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UubvBWm2cnc
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amusing that John Carradine plays the wizard, and his son plays Aladdin in a different portrayal Razz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XD Really? Which one was that?
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never seen this before. Thanks for posting it. I'm really enjoying it so far! But I don't understand why Aladdin was arguing with the magician to pull him out? There were stairs there! Laughing Maybe the English dubbers were covering up dialogue that they thought made Aladdin look bad?
Princess of Agrabah

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's true XD. I guess he was blocking the entrance? I loled at that part though, since I was thinking how funny it'd be if Aladdin had argued over that with Jafar Laughing
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's so funny. After arguing back and forth, anime Aladdin decides to run up the stairs only when the magician is so annoyed at him that he magically closes the opening Laughing And he took his sweet time with that incantation, too, so Aladdin could've ran out of there at any moment!

I know that when animes get dubbed into English, they change a lot of the dialogue and they'll even change the characterization if they don't think the characters are good enough role models. Maybe the anime Aladdin had said "first give me my reward!" or "why should I give you this lamp, huh? Maybe I should keep it!" And they thought it made him look bad, so they changed it? Laughing Or maybe the translation is exactly correct, in which case, that would be hilarious!
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Princess of Agrabah wrote:
I was thinking how funny it'd be if Aladdin had argued over that with Jafar Laughing

Jafar: Give me the lamp!

Aladdin: First, help me walk up these ten steps!

Jafar: First, give me the lamp! Then I'll help you up the steps!

Aladdin: I can't give you the lamp because there are stairs between us!

Jafar: Why can't you just meet me half way!

Aladdin: NO!

Jafar: You know what, even though I traveled all the way here to get that magical lamp that could change my life forever, it's not worth it! I'm going to lock you inside!

Aladdin: No, wait! *runs up the steps*
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you ever seen the Arabian Nights tv special with Jason Scott Lee as Aladdin? He actually does argue with the magician as he thinks he's going to run off with the lamp if he hands it over first before being paid the other half of what he owes him for the trip down there. The magician won't help him up until he gets the lamp, and Aladdin won't give him the lamp until he gives him the money, so the magician gets upset and closes the cave with him still down there Laughing
Calluna

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
Have you ever seen the Arabian Nights tv special with Jason Scott Lee as Aladdin? He actually does argue with the magician as he thinks he's going to run off with the lamp if he hands it over first before being paid the other half of what he owes him for the trip down there. The magician won't help him up until he gets the lamp, and Aladdin won't give him the lamp until he gives him the money, so the magician gets upset and closes the cave with him still down there Laughing

Isn't that what happens in the original story? I think the sorcerer needs anger management. Laughing
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sort of! Aladdin grabbed so much treasure on the way out that it buried the lamp deep in his pocket and weighed him down a bit, so it was harder to get out of the cave. Aladdin asked to be helped up so he can give the magician the lamp, but the magician insisted he got the lamp first and that Aladdin should get rid of the treasure. Aladdin obviously wasn't going to do that as it was his payment for going down there and these were pretty awesome jewels, so he tried to dig the lamp out of his pocket. He was unsuccessful and promised him he'd give him the lamp when he got above the surface if he would just help him up. The magician got pissed off he couldn't give him the lamp and was more worried about the treasure, so he closed up the cave with him in it. This story would be so much different if he would have just helped him up Laughing
Princess of Agrabah

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:

I'm watching that right now XD. I didn't get to it yet, but I love how the vizier's name is Jafar Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I adore that series and I love their take on Aladdin/how funny it is. Disney has influenced every version of this story '92, I swear.
Princess of Agrabah

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is funny. I'm watching the BacBac one and I can't stop laughing Laughing "MY HANDS ARE LETHAL! I TOLD YOU!" Is it on DVD?
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, I've never heard of it. I did hear there was an anime adaptation of Beauty and the Beast though. I'll have to look into that.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Princess of Agrabah wrote:
It is funny. I'm watching the BacBac one and I can't stop laughing Laughing "MY HANDS ARE LETHAL! I TOLD YOU!" Is it on DVD?

Yes it is!

It must have been fun to drag that corpse around town the way they did Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum