Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - I was having the CRAZIEST dream!
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I was having the CRAZIEST dream!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Janette Morgan
Jafar's Hourglass

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: I was having the CRAZIEST dream! Reply with quote

This happened the other night, and I still haven't managed to post about it. So here it is.

It was in some place. It wasn't Atlantis, as it looked slightly more congealed than built, but it didn't seem to be a Wraith ship. Wherever it was, the ambient colors were light-medium and dark blue-grey. So it must have been some kind of Wraith area. Sheppard's team was there, as were three Wraith.

One Wraith stepped up to Sheppard and tried to start sucking out his life. In response, Sheppard grabbed the Wraith's hand and ripped off one of its fingernails. He then sliced the Wraith at several points with it before cutting open its torso.

Sheppard then reached inside and began pulling out organs one by one and tossing them on the floor, naming them as he went. "Here's a spleen." "Here's a stomach." "Here's a kidney." "Here's a scroll." (I have no idea what that one was -- probably a Wraith-exclusive. Next he'll be finding Wizard Whitebeard, I bet.) He saved the heart for last, and finally ripped it out, killing the Wraith. As the body crumpled to the ground, he held up the claw he'd started with and asked: "Anybody else want some of this?"

The other two Wraith didn't.

That was that. When I told Syera about it, she said that Sheppard's abject hatred for the Wraith really disturbs her.

Avatar base by Angy(-chan) at Yume Studio.
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Whimpers in fear of Psycho-Sheppard*

If Sheppard ever acts like that in the show... I'll probably never ever root for him again. As it is, the way he treated Bob severely diminished my respect for him.

...Not that I actually think he'll get that crazy.

Weblog | SH.net | Ed-sprite by Janette
xfkirsten
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syera wrote:
If Sheppard ever acts like that in the show... I'll probably never ever root for him again. As it is, the way he treated Bob severely diminished my respect for him.

Ah, I thought that was really interesting... he's not the "perfect hero" they want him to be - he has big flaws. It makes the character so much more interesting. And the producers and writers have said from the beginning that Atlantis was supposed to get much darker than SG-1. Smile
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xfkirsten wrote:
Ah, I thought that was really interesting... he's not the "perfect hero" they want him to be - he has big flaws. It makes the character so much more interesting.

Aladdin/Sheppard-TWINS Laughing

And he just snapped a little, that's all. They were up for hours, no coffee...stuff happens Laughing . Sheppard is a little angsty to begin with.
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argh. If anything, Sheppard is more like Alec Baldwin than Aladdin.

But really, the hatred he had when he was shooting Bob was disturbing. Yeah, I know Bob's the bad guy. But it's not like he'd been doing anything personal.

APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't watch the show SG but I do agree characters should have flaws. Aladdin has some pretty annyoing ones. Although, his slicked back hair did make him look spiffy. Laughing
Jas
Cool Colonel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

. . . the way he was with Bob didn't bother me when I watched it. But I think I've only seen that one once.

I agree with AG about the no sleep and such. Plus, Sheppard does snap when he gets angry. (Conversion, Epiphany, Home . . .)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, no he's definitely more like Aladdin minus the happy Disneyness Laughing

He wouldn't give up the information on whether or hot he sabatoged the base and was teasing him, they were under a siege with the possibility of having to blow up the city and head back to Earth after all that time there, and he was causing harm to a member of his team--I'd snap, too Laughing. It sorta was personal.

Sometimes I wonder if that's a military thing because my dad kinda snaps like that too and sometimes we have to kinda clap him back to reality "Hey dad...daaaad....DAD!" Laughing
Janette Morgan
Jafar's Hourglass

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I'm not messin' around, Bob!" *BADDABADDABADDA*

...Creepy. Very creepy.

AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well he wasn't Laughing
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night, I was a-dreaming that we were going to the theater to see (I think) Peter Pan. For some crazy reason I was in my nightgown and my clothes were in the car. I know I went back to the car to try to get them and my camera, for I wanted to take a picture of a rather funny sign we'd found in a restroom. We never did quite make it inside the theater, though. Apparently, the city was under attack by the English, Scottish, or Welsh. Heck, it could've been all three. In fact, I think it was. There were these big ol' half-human, half-bird guys in the area. We ducked into the dollar store and one of 'em followed us in! Nothing would scare it off, and it looked MEAN! I... was... scared! And looking for a way to get rid of the thing.

So, m'dear Janette, you tossed me a caseknife with which I sliced its jugular. Actually, I woke up right before I did the actual slicing, but there you have it.

...Why I dreamed I was in my nightgown, I have no idea. I haven't worn a nightgown now for months, and last night, I did have my pants on.

Janette Morgan
Jafar's Hourglass

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh! So I'm just your sidekick. I can't slice the jugular myself, I have to give you the weapon. Hmph.

But I can beat that. I had two crazy dreams in a row:

1: I was Buck Williams (Left Behind), and I was being chased by Global Community forces. At the time, I had one of those spiffy cellphones that the characters are continually procuring throughout the series, and it had the numbers of all my friends in it. So, rather than let it fall into the hands of the GC, I swallowed it. They had to cut it out of me later.

2: I was Carson Beckett, and I was talking to this weird dinosaur-carnivore guy from across the Stargate, through the MALP. (Oddly, only the head of the MALP was through -- the rest was on the other side. How it transmitted data back, I have no clue.) Anyway, after much arguing I determined that he was really grouchy, so I retracted the MALP and shut down the gate. And then I started getting flashes of things happening to him after the gate shut down, ala Citizen Joe. Some things that happened: There wasn't enough food to go around, so he ate another guy; a bunch of robots went nuts and smashed things; he tried to dial out and only succeeded in setting the DHD to blow up. Luckily, he shut it down in time. Other stuff happened, but it was dream-quality corny and not quite so cool. I'm thinking this could make a good episode, with a bit of refinement.

Beat that, Syera. Twisted Evil

Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janette Morgan wrote:
Oh! So I'm just your sidekick. I can't slice the jugular myself, I have to give you the weapon. Hmph.

Not at all, deary. It was just that you were near where the caseknives were; I at the time had the bugger by the proverbial horns. 'Twas logic. Now, if you'd had a loaded gun, I would've expected you to shoot it yourself. But you didn't have a gun, least of all a gun with bullets... so, draw the logical conclusion.

Quote:
Beat that, Syera. Twisted Evil

I'll try, m'dear. I'll try. Razz

Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, Janette...

Weirdly enough, this dream was set in our house. The house we have now. Not the house we had before, not the house we just prepared for burnination... this one.

At some early point, Aunt B.K. and our mother were outside conversing - I think about art. I was explaining to them how, back in the rennaisance, an artist's quality not only depended on his ability to create the human figure, but also what kind of colors he could make to paint his creation. Somehow, the topic got turned to the kind of events that happen around Jan. 17th, and she started talking about a UFO hoax that happened by this beach.

So I meandered off to this beach (!) to see where this hoax had taken place. Suddenly, this flying vehicle comes by, and there are all these partiers in it. (Heh... flying party.) I go back to the house, tell 'em what I saw... and tell them that I don't want to see a bunch of flying ravers again. Because, you know, that was kind of disturbing.

And now... into the house!

The Fenton family was there, yes they were.

And Aunt T. and Cousin K. Odd combination, huh? I remember K. and T. had this box of hair cuttings they were brushing out - they were going to donate it or something. I don't know what the Fentons were working on, but they were doing it on the dining room table, whatever it was. It involved electronics.

I remember Danny fooling around with the piano, and at some later point I explained to him exactly Why I Don't Like Football. Later, I found a CD that somebody had stuck the Your World As I See it videos on, so I took it to our room to watch.

Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, now...

I was dreaming we had a bunch of carnival rides in our yard. The most notable of these was a Ferris wheel. (The regular type; not the gondola type.)

Well, I remember wondering to myself what might happen if that Ferris wheel fell over. And guess what? It did. It fell right over. Thank goodness it happened to fall to the north; south would've been disasterous.

Well, I wanna know why it fell, so I start looking for the person who did it. Finally, I find the guy responsible for the falling Ferris. It's none other than...

(Insert drumroll...)

Robin Williams.

Meanwhile, apparently thanks to the Ferris wheel accident, the guys who own the carnival rides decide we shouldn't have them any longer, and pack 'em up. I'm trying to get it out of Mr. Williams why he knocked over the Ferris wheel - and HOW.

It turns out that he sneezed on it. Because part of it was pink. Yep, part of the Ferris wheel was pink, and the sight of that made him sneeze hard enough the wheel was knocked down.

Poor Ferris wheel... it was rather bent and dented!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum