Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Jafar's Romancer's Chatroom
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jafar's Romancer's Chatroom
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lisa jane
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the first time we've properly re-organised since we moved in four years ago.

Lol I don't think he cared so much, I think it's rather that he didn't want to be on his own.
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In regards to everyone's responses, they are very flattering! We were inseparable best friends before we started dating, and we started dating more because we couldn't resist each other than because we had crushes... If that makes sense. I tried for a good year to avoid non-platonic feelings for him, even tried not talking to him for a bit, but they didn't go away!

The split was more his idea because he is having a hard time with some aspects of his life and the prospect of marrying somebody is kind of freaking him out. We also have some serious deal-breaking issues that we were struggling with. So either we find better matches or we come back together in the end and work things out I suppose! Either is bittersweet, but I'm old enough that I need to be smart about my relationships.

On a side note, my parents dated a total of 3 months before they got married. He was 29, and she was 20. Razz They knew each other beforehand, but it's still funny to me.
Wife to the Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LJ: Wow, I guess that's why you were throwing away so many things then! If I re-organized, I'm sure I'd realize that I have a lot of trash in here.

And oh, I see. ;P Well, I guess most people do prefer not to be on their own, don't you think?

Meesh: That does sound very bittersweet! I hope everything works out for you in the end though. Smile It's nice how you two have known each other for so long though! Are you two remaining close friends now?

Wow, that's cool about your parents! xD They must have definitely been in love then. I think my parents dated for about two years before they got married.
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are friends yes, but we are considering taking a break from friendship since our physical and romantic attractions are so strong. We fear it will keep us from being able to consider other people.

And yeah, my dad was her youth leader. My mom had a crush on him in high school, but she was 16 and he was 25. He told her he wouldn't date her until she was 18 and graduated. My mom went to college in the south, and (as my dad tells the story) left college because she heard he had a girlfriend. Razz
Wife to the Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I see what you mean, that makes a lot of sense actually. Would it be hard for you to take a break from your friendship though? I think I would really miss him if I were you.

Aw, that's really neat about your parents! Smile It's funny about how your dad says she left college because she heard he had a girlfriend. xD Was that true?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum