Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Hey!
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hey!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

APK wrote:
Quote:
There's also the idea every Belle fan thinks they're Belle incarnated, which is also obnoxious.

Oh, God Laughing You're so right about this! I know this one Belle fan that really does think she is Belle, even though her personality isn't similar at all. She actually got irritated with me for wanting to dress like Belle for Halloween, and proceeded to explain why she would make a better Belle Confused It bugs me so much because she's exactly the kind of girl that go for Gaston. That wasn't even the first time someone got mad at me for wanting to dress like Belle. Laughing

I swear, most Cinderella fans don't think they're Cinderella incarnate - they only dream of feeling like Cinderella for a day (on their wedding day or prom night or whenever). Pocahontas and Mulan fans only love what the characters represent. I haven't known anyone that said they looked exactly like Poc or Mulan when actually didn't. Or claimed they acted exactly like Pocahontas, when they actually hated nature.

I think most Jasmine fans want to be like Jasmine, but don't fool themselves into thinking they actually embody her in every way. Kim Kardashian is the exception, and I think the majority of Jasmine fans are probably really irritated with her by now. I know I don't look like Jasmine, and I really can't use a pole to jump from rooftop to rooftop Laughing Well, I know I generalized a LOT in this post, which is unfair. I'm really just ranting. So don't mind me!

It's just Belle fans that do this, don't stress yourself trying to find other examples Laughing. They're the only ones I've met that get in to competitions with each other over who is the most like her. NO ONE cares and NO other Disney fans do this with ANY other character (...well, Ariel might be the only other one but I'm probably not the best person to state that as I've known some nutty Ariel fans), but they feel the need to project "Belle" at all times to win this silent contest that goes on amongst them to be THE ULTIMATE REAL LIFE BELLE (and God forbid if casual Belle fans apply. They will be SHUT DOWN).

I'm DYING your friend did that because I use to have a friend (actually, several) that did the same thing and would be upset if someone who wasn't as hardcore a fan as they were would say or try to be anything like her. I don't know if you've ever heard of stamping communities, but they're places where you go to get voted on or "stamped" as the character/object/place/whatever you're most like - omfg the Disney ones. If the Belle fans didn't get Belle and all the BATB related stamps for other themed weeks, they were pissed beyond belief. "OMG WHY DID THEY STAMP ME AS JANE??!?!?!?" Maybe because you were pushing on your application that you were brunette, like to read, and a bit awkward? She's not the only Disney character that fits that description. (Please note: every Belle fan ever always says these same. three. things. as their binding link as to why they're Belle. Every single one. Occasionally you'll get one that likes her because she "isn't looking for love" or "wants adventure", but I promise you one of those three will be said at some point. It's like the basic qualification for applying to be her Laughing)

It makes me kind of sad they do this because that's just screaming to me that they don't think they're an interesting enough person on their own without having to BE a character that's obviously adored by many people. I'd love to be more like Jasmine, but I don't think I am her nor do I WANT to be exactly like her. That's ridiculous to me, but that's like the Holy Grail of Accomplishments for some Belle fans, I swear.

I was fine with Kim saying Jasmine helped her accept her body when she was younger because that's a great thing to have a role model on, but she went waaaaaaaaaaay overboard with the worship to the point where I'd rather not have Jasmine associated with her like she was trying to do. I spend enough time each year fighting people who think Jasmine is a slut for what she wears to not be associated with someone that got famous off a sex tape. She is definitely not helping (nor did that Halloween costume help that one year).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum