Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Jafar's Romancer's Chatroom
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jafar's Romancer's Chatroom
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. That nap threw me off, so I stayed up all night and slept most of today away. This is my life Laughing
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You know, I think that's very true. I had a friend who really wanted a boyfriend and literally as soon as she gave up, she met a guy who really liked her. It was so ironic! You're probably right, I just...I dunno, I get lonely, I suppose. :S

Possibly stretchy, totally fictional Aladdin reference... Jasmine ran away from her suitors and coincidentally ran into Aladdin... I mean, right? haha

Quote:
Meesh: It is good advice, I agree. OMG, I so did that. There was some guy I didn't really even like, but I just went out with him because he liked me. -_- Not so smart, right? :S

You don't want Prince Charming to ride in while you're kissing a frog Razz

Quote:
Aw, that's so sweet about you and your boyfriend! I'm so glad you two get along so well. ^^ I'm sorry about the previous bad relationship though, those are always hard. So how long have you two been together for then? :3

It's okay. The relationship itself wasn't "bad." It was just stupid because we were kids. It was more the breakup that was bad. I was going through some serious personal things, and the way he treated the break up was just really insensitive to that, and I did not take it well. We're friends now Smile

And it's been Feb 2007 to present, so a bit over 4 1/2 years. We took two breaks in between to work out some kinks and make sure this is what we want, but we were still romantic, so we don't factor those out of the math. Rolling Eyes
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our personalities are poles apart - it's to the point that if we're stuck for any length of time alone together (something my husband tries hard to avoid happening), my husband actually asks if he was nice to me. Admittedly he's changing his life around, and we do have some times when we're fairly civil to each other (I've given him lifts home and various things like that), but most of the time we don't get along.

New Zealand's... eh, if you like the country and a million sheep, you'd like it there. Problem is that I've been brought up in Australia and used to city life, so I find it incredibly dull in New Zealand - it's the direct opposite for most of my cousins.

I've been to LA, Anaheim and San Francisco - I didn't like LA at all; here in Melbourne (where I am) it's quite safe to walk down the street in the city at 3am as a woman (as long as you've got your wits about you) - my husband drove through LA at the same time and said he's never been more afraid. Frankly, I'd avoid LA altogether and go to Anaheim or San Francisco.

I went to Arabic school briefly last year, then stopped for six months for the wedding and change of job and so forth, and went back in July this year - I'll be finished with the course all going well mid next year.
JafarsRomancer
Wife to the Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LJ: I definitely understand that. It must have been awful to have to share a house with him then, right? :S I hope he was nice to you when your husband had to leave! So do you two get along a bit better nowadays? Lol, you should see me and my mom. If we spend too much time together, we automatically end up arguing after an hour. So...I try and stay away from her.

Country is okay...not so sure if I'd like the millions of sheep though. I live in a neighborhood that's quite close to the city, so I would probably find it strange. City life is fun in my opinion. Always something new to see or do, you know? ...Or maybe that's just me. xP

Oh really? Maybe I'll skip LA then. San Fracisco and Anaheim were nice though? I actually have never talked to anyone who has been to LA. It just sounded kind of cool to me because everyone always makes a big deal of it. lol I would like to go to Melbourne someday. ^^

Ah, that's neat about the Arabic school! Do you enjoy it? I really need to find something like that. ^^ It would be great if you could finish it mid next year! That's not too long from now.

Meesh: Hehe, I love tha Aladdin reference! You could say it was very ironic how she just happened to run into Aladdin! Now I just need to run into a Jafar...lol

Exactly. Kissing a frog in front of Charming is not exactly attractive. (I've done this and it's very embarrassing!)

Oh, I understand completely. Breakups never seem to go well, you know? I had one that just went awful. I hate thinking about it. =/ Sometimes it seems to me that guys are insensitive a lot of the time. I'm sorry about your personal issues at the time. Are you better now?

Wow, 4 and 1/2 years? That's pretty great! Everyone else I know seems to only have had a boyfriend for a year at the longest. lol

AladdinsGenie:
Lol, that sounds like me just that I have school and other crap to do. xD How was your day today? I got quite sick last night, but I'm feeling better today, so it's all good.
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should go back to school to get my Masters, but it's so much money. Why aren't they free? Laughing
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I haven't read the whole thread except the first post and have no idea what everyone's been discussing but I WISH I HAD A KITTEN!
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ Sometimes I wish we could "like" posts like we can on fb ^^^

Yes, I'm ten thousand times better! I feel marvelously blessed!
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just started doing work in the costume shop at my university. I'm a costume design major and have wanted to do this since I was 8 years old and this is my first experience with a real costume shop. It went down like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXxP_-XaKrk
lisa jane
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Day one of revision hasn't really gone too well... Embarassed

We went to visit the husband's mother today (a four hour drive, full trip). I figured I could get some revision done in the car so I made him drive... total revision time was maybe half an hour - read some dialogue, translated parts of it, lazily wrote some Arabic script... and threw all the books into the back seat. Hmm. Was far too tired to do anything more, might be something to do with the four glasses of wine I drank last night (which equalled hangover), going to bed at 3am and waking at 8am...

Honestly, I don't see any revision happening tomorrow either!
JafarsRomancer
Wife to the Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really tired today. For some reason, I just haven't felt well lately. I don't know if it has to do with lack of sleep or what. :S

AladdinsGenie:
Omg, I know! I feel the same way! Does does everything always have to cost so much money? D: Oh well, I suppose I'm too lazy for college anyways. lol

APK:
Kittens are amazing! And so very cute too. :3 Do you have any pets?

Meesh:
Lol, liking a post would be cool! I'm so glad you're doing better too! How's your weekend so far?

Misstoril:
That's awesome that you're able to do something you've wanted to do since you were 8!

LJ:
Aw! I'm sorry about day one of revision!

Wow, a four hour drive is long! I'm not so good with drives. Even hour drives are too much for me. Hehe, for some reason, I can never get stuff done when I'm riding in the car. I get too distracted or end up listening to music instead. xD Aw, hangovers are no fun! I got to bed at 3 am all the time and get up at 8. I dunno why, but I just don't sleep. xP

How's today going? Any revision so far? lol
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The drive wasn't so bad - most of it was listening to the husband yell and abuse drivers ahead of us for not going fast enough (he has no patience whatsoever when it comes to driving, but insists that he likes doing it). When I used to work in factory I used to sleep 2am-5am every day, for about three months - not sure how I did that...

No revision done yet today, but I only woke up a couple of hours ago and I've spent all that time being sick in the bathroom - I'm pretty sure I got some sort of food poisoning from dinner last night.
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any pets. I'd love a cat, but my mom's incredibly allergic XD
misstoril
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Jafarsromancer
Thanks, it's been awesome so far.
Glad you're feeling better. BTW I absolutely love horror movies! Did you see the short I linked to in the horror thread?
@lisajane
I'm really sorry to hear that, I hope you feel better soon.
@APK
I'm sorry about that too. I have three, a fat one, a loud one and a terrified one. Somedays I wish I didn't.
lisa jane
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

APK - I think you can get cats that are good for allergy people?

Misstoril - thanks! Slowly feeling better, still feeling 'eh'...

On the bright side I now have new bed linen - new sheets, doona, doona cover, pillows and pillowcases. Times two, so spent a stupid amount of money on it, but feels so nice. Had to be two lots as while the husband and I do have similar tastes, we couldn't find anything to actually suit those tastes, so we now have 'his and hers' bed linen sets.

It's pathetic, really.
JafarsRomancer
Wife to the Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

APK: Aw, I'm so sorry! Are there any other animals you like? Perhaps you could get one that isn't allergic?

Misstoril: I'm so glad it's going awesome! How was your day today? I'm glad I'm feeling better too. ^^ Thank you. Oooh, I'm so glad to find another horror thread! I'll have to check out the horror thread. Have you seen The Exorcist? I watched that last night. ^^

LJ: How are you feeling better today? Better than 'eh', I hope? ^^

New bed linen sounds very nice! For some reason, I get all excited about that. I remember when I got new bed linen last winter! :3 Lol about having to get two though! That's kind of funny about 'his and hers' sets. What is the difference between them? xD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum