Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Jafar's Romancer's Chatroom
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jafar's Romancer's Chatroom
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lisa jane
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've only been married since January but been together for six years. We're not actually dressing up this year because we're not going to any Halloween parties this year, but the year he went as Jafar we had two parties so he wound up dressing up as him twice. We still have the costume but it's pretty much destroyed now.

I actually find it annoying when he recites because I'm usually trying to watch the movie! But he did make me laugh today - I brought a Disney Princess advent calender (Christmas tradition in my family) but it doesn't have Jasmine on it; his immediate question upon seeing it was 'Where's Jasmine?'

I should be in bed myself Confused I've come down with a virus and away from work at the moment.
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the one time I don't mind the lack of Jasmine stuff Laughing
JafarsRomancer
Wife to the Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LJ: Wow, that's awesome! Six years is quite a long time these days. Was it kind of a love-at-first-sight type or thing? Sorry, I'm being nosy. You can ignore that question if you want. Razz Hehe, that's cool that you still have the costume! Did you take a pictures from when he dressed up? I'd love to see them if you have any! I kind of want to go to a Halloween party, but don't really have anyone to go with, so oh well.

Lol, yeah, I understand that. My mom was quoting something from Beauty and the Beast (I don't like that movie so much) and it was really annoying me the other day. Oooh, your Princess advent calendar sounds awesome! Where did you get it from? Now I want one. Or a Jafar calendar, now that would be epic! ^^ I think "Where's Jasmine?" would've been my reaction too!

AladdinsGenie: Can I ask your favorite Aladdin characters? I don't think I know. Razz
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Six years together before marriage sounds really great. If I'd had more of a choice I'd have lived together longer first, but my husband was in the military on the other side of the country so *shrug*.
Merlin sounds great.
I've just finished "Arrested Development" and am about to start "Rome" unless "Game of Thrones" hurries up and makes it to DVD soon. I'm tearing my way through the books right now and adoring them.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JafarsRomancer wrote:
AladdinsGenie: Can I ask your favorite Aladdin characters? I don't think I know. Razz

That's like a mother picking between children Laughing. That question gets harder the older I get. I really love them all.
lisa jane
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JafarsRomancer wrote:
Was it kind of a love-at-first-sight type or thing?

'No' would be an understatement... we knew each other for about a year and dated different people, then I only went out with him because I was depressed and rebounding; he only went out with me because he wanted sex - on that ideal note, we pretty much immediately moved in together, and for about another year were in an I-hate-you-but-you're-my-friend-with-benefits arrangement, because we simply grew too lazy to be bothered breaking up... we only started to actually like each other when we realised that each other's company was preferable to spending any time with our housemate, whom we both hated even more.

You know, it was all romantic and stuff Razz

I only have a couple of pictures of him dressed as Jafar and they're pretty bad... and I got the advent calendar from just a supermarket near home, good find

Misstoril - how long did you and your husband live together? Most of my married friends are all in arranged marriages, and didn't really live together first (occasionally, they didn't even meet).

I've seen the first couple of episodes of 'Games of Thrones' and rather like it, though I can't see myself reading the books because I'm not in fantasy stories.
JafarsRomancer
Wife to the Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LJ: Lol, no is definitelyl an understatement then! That's nice that you guys were able to move in together right away though. I'm hoping to find someone like that because I really can't stand to stay here once I'm 18. That's so sweet how you two ending up falling in love though over time. And now you're married. ^^ I hope I find someone who likes me someday. I guess we'll wait and see.

I don't mind if they're pretty bad! I'd love to see them. xD But if you don't want to show them, I totally understand. Now I'm gonna go out and look for an advent calendar too!

Wait, most of your friends are in arranged marriages? Where do you live if you don't mind me asking?

AladdinsGenie: LOL, I guess that must be a very hard question then! xD How has your day been? Anything nice happen? ^^

Misstoril: I understand what you mean. I would do the same thing if I ever find a man I want to marry someday.
I've never read those books before. Are they quite good? I'll admit that I don't read often. I'll mostly read on fanfic sites and that's about it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not very eventful. I woke up around noon and have been trying to decide what to do with my day. So far, it's been "thinking about what to do" Laughing
misstoril
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lisa jane wrote:
[

Misstoril - how long did you and your husband live together? Most of my married friends are all in arranged marriages, and didn't really live together first (occasionally, they didn't even meet).

I've seen the first couple of episodes of 'Games of Thrones' and rather like it, though I can't see myself reading the books because I'm not in fantasy stories.

We didn't live together at all before we got married but we dated for a year and a half. Family felt we rushed it but we've been married 9 years so we're doing something right.
JafarsRomancer wrote:

I understand what you mean. I would do the same thing if I ever find a man I want to marry someday.
I've never read those books before. Are they quite good? I'll admit that I don't read often. I'll mostly read on fanfic sites and that's about it.

They are fantastic,and actually quite fantasy light, I can count on one hand the times magic shows up. They are very,very dark though, and not for children. They're chock full of scheming, betrayal, power-mongering, war, murder, rape, incest, torture and death. His story is huge too, with a cast of probably at least a hundred. It's taken him several years to write the five he's got now and...well it's not showing any signs of wrapping up soon, so y'know, don't read em if you're a fan of closure.
lisa jane
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JafarsRomancer wrote:
LJ: Lol, no is definitelyl an understatement then! That's nice that you guys were able to move in together right away though. I'm hoping to find someone like that because I really can't stand to stay here once I'm 18. That's so sweet how you two ending up falling in love though over time. And now you're married. ^^ I hope I find someone who likes me someday. I guess we'll wait and see.

Wait, most of your friends are in arranged marriages? Where do you live if you don't mind me asking?

We didn't move in together because we wanted to though... he was moving in with the above mentioned housemate but didn't want to put up with him on his own, and I just wanted to move out of home. Looking back I'm not sure what I would've preferred to do - I think I would've liked to stay at home longer so I could go travelling and stuff rather than be settled down yet, but at the same time, I seriously doubt we'd be together now if I hadn't moved in with him. Are you able to move in with a friend when you're 18?

I'm in Australia, but I grew up with a lot of Indian friends - most of my friends aren't married, but those who are, are all in arranged marriages, with varying degrees of success. I do feel sorry for them though because most of them were pushed hard by their parents through high school to get good jobs, only to be made to quit their jobs once they're married; I told my Mum that if she'd tried an arranged marriage for me and acted like that, I would've dropped out of school and married at 16.
JafarsRomancer
Wife to the Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LJ: Oh, I see. Lol, was the other housemate really hard to get along with? I don't really travel much at all and I quite dislike it here at home. Do you travel much? Well, I suppose in the end, it's good that you moved in with him. It all turned out well in the end. ^^ Yes, I'm planning to do that actually. You know Alicia from my fanfic? We've been friends for a while and so we're going to rent an apartment together. She's almost nineteen and will be twenty-one by the time I'm eighteen. I wouldn't mind having a guy in my life though if you know what I mean. Razz

Australia sounds awesome! I've always wanted to go there! Do you like it? Michigan has got to be the most boring place on the planet. xP I think I would really dislike an arranged marriage. That makes no sense about the jobs. I mean, why work so hard for a job if you're only going to work at it for a month, you know? Yeah, I would've done the same...it makes most sense. Sometimes I think I'd be ready to be married if I could find the right person, but...it's so hard, you know?

AladdinsGenie: Lol, that sounds like one of my weekend days! Did you figure out something to do? I always watch movies if I get bored.

Misstoril: Hm, they sound very interesting and now I want to read them! Dark is definitely my type of thing. ^^ I think I'll check them out. And I don't mind it if they aren't finished yet. I'm used to that type of thing. Out of curiosity, do you like horror movies?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really. I just woke up from a nap because thinking about what to do today was too much for me Laughing
lisa jane
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The housemate is my husband's best friend and we don't get along at all as it is, so living under the same roof was hellish - it's just a clash of personalities. I've travelled a little bit - I'm from New Zealand so been there a hundred times, and been to the US twice; we're seriously considering moving to California in the next few years if the economy picks up - I like Australia fine but the husband's pretty much disliked it here ever since we went to California on our honeymoon.

I'd stop worrying about having a guy in your life and finding the right person, and focus on having fun Smile I actually miss my single days - the moment you stop thinking about guys and relationships, one will fall straight out of the sky.

Happy at the moment because I'm enrolled back into Arabic school, and only have to wait a week for it to start... downside is that I think this whole weekend coming up will be revision, revision, revision...
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lisa jane wrote:

I'd stop worrying about having a guy in your life and finding the right person, and focus on having fun Smile I actually miss my single days - the moment you stop thinking about guys and relationships, one will fall straight out of the sky.

I give this advice to allll of my friends. If you're so eager to have "a guy," then you'll see good things even in guys that aren't good and tend to date just about anybody. (This is why 75% of my friends end up with schmucks.) But, if you stop looking, you may find love in a very unexpected, unforced/natural way.

My boyfriend and I have been together since 10th grade. Getting over a bad relationship, I was nooooot looking for a boyfriend when I befriended him in 9th grade. I thought he was too weird and unconventional, so every time he talked about getting together, I refused (even though I secretly really liked him). After a year of this, I finally gave in. I was in love with my best friend, and there was nothing I could do about it!

Yeah, we're juniors in college now, and things are looking preeeetty good.

...I also have to mention the "enjoy your single days" part. I didn't really have many single days besides a few pathetic "breaks" we had to "see if anything else was out there." So, if you got 'em, enjoy 'em!!
Wife to the Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LJ: That does sound pretty awful! So you and him have opposite personalities? That reminds me of my mother. She and I are just complete opposites and I think that's why we argue so much. It's like we came from different planets. lol What's New Zealand like? Lol, the town I live in is called Zeeland. xD California sounds very cool. I would like to see LA someday to see if it's as good as everyone claims it is. What places did you visit in California?

You know, I think that's very true. I had a friend who really wanted a boyfriend and literally as soon as she gave up, she met a guy who really liked her. It was so ironic! You're probably right, I just...I dunno, I get lonely, I suppose. :S

That's awesome that you've enrolled back in Arabic school! Especially since you only have to wait a week for it to start. I hate waiting for things that are months away. I tend to be very impatient. When was the first time you went to the Arabic school? Aw, revision is no fun. D: Good luck with that!

Meesh: It is good advice, I agree. OMG, I so did that. There was some guy I didn't really even like, but I just went out with him because he liked me. -_- Not so smart, right? :S

Aw, that's so sweet about you and your boyfriend! I'm so glad you two get along so well. ^^ I'm sorry about the previous bad relationship though, those are always hard. So how long have you two been together for then? :3

AladdinsGenie: LOL! Well, naps are always good and thinking about what to do can be very tiring. Razz I'm weird though, if I wake up from a nap, I get really crabby and just want to go back asleep until the next morning. Did you do anything fun today?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum