Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Hey!
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hey!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lisa jane
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

APK wrote:
I showed her The Lion King first and she said she liked Aladdin better "because there are people in this one." Laughing

Lol I actually get where she's coming from - I prefer Aladdin straight over the Lion King; I do like both movies, but I'm not a fan of movies where animals are the 'people', so to speak.
JafarsRomancer
Wife to the Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lisa jane wrote:
APK wrote:
I showed her The Lion King first and she said she liked Aladdin better "because there are people in this one." Laughing

Lol I actually get where she's coming from - I prefer Aladdin straight over the Lion King; I do like both movies, but I'm not a fan of movies where animals are the 'people', so to speak.

Same!!! I actually liked TLK a lot because it was like my first animated Disney movie. So when I saw Aladdin I was just really amazed! <3
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

APK wrote:
WOW! I can't believe this is the first time you saw Aladdin! That's exciting - I've never met someone who came to appreciate Aladdin as an adult/young adult. Well, except my auntie who's in her 60s but only because I showed her The Lion King first and she said she liked Aladdin better "because there are people in this one." Laughing

That reminds me of when I was in the 11th grade. We had a pajama day, so I wore my pajamas and brought my stuffed Genie plush with me as a sort teddy bear to finish off the look. My chemistry teacher was like "Who's that blue guy?" I wish I had a picture of my face. It was slightly horrified yet surprised. My classmates over heard her and was like "....tell me you've seen Aladdin". Apparently she hadn't. Reality check, table one, please Laughing
JafarsRomancer
Wife to the Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
APK wrote:
WOW! I can't believe this is the first time you saw Aladdin! That's exciting - I've never met someone who came to appreciate Aladdin as an adult/young adult. Well, except my auntie who's in her 60s but only because I showed her The Lion King first and she said she liked Aladdin better "because there are people in this one." Laughing

That reminds me of when I was in the 11th grade. We had a pajama day, so I wore my pajamas and brought my stuffed Genie plush with me as a sort teddy bear to finish off the look. My chemistry teacher was like "Who's that blue guy?" I wish I had a picture of my face. It was slightly horrified yet surprised. My classmates over heard her and was like "....tell me you've seen Aladdin". Apparently she hadn't. Reality check, table one, please Laughing

ROFL! That's so funny! People do that with me and a lot of Disney movies. Whenever I say I haven't seen them, people always look at me like I'm from a different planet. Cool about your Genie plush, btw. I would die for a Jafar plush. <3 <3 <3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's some I can understand people not seeing, especially the older ones, but the ones from the 90s always blows my mind. There's someone who hasn't seen The Lion King on this planet? Really? Laughing
JafarsRomancer
Wife to the Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
There's some I can understand people not seeing, especially the older ones, but the ones from the 90s always blows my mind. There's someone who hasn't seen The Lion King on this planet? Really? Laughing

Lol, yeah, I get what you mean. There are just some movies that everyone should see, you know? TLK and Aladdin are two of them that I think are a necessity to watch! Of course, I'm being such a hypocrite since I only just saw Aladdin for the first time...lol
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But now you can watch Return of Jafar, and Aladdin and the King of Thieves...
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JafarsRomancer wrote:
AladdinsGenie wrote:

Lol, yeah, I get what you mean. There are just some movies that everyone should see, you know? TLK and Aladdin are two of them that I think are a necessity to watch! Of course, I'm being such a hypocrite since I only just saw Aladdin for the first time...lol

It amazes me how many people haven't seen TLK and BaTB and TLM etc.!! But, it's also fun watching them with someone who is seeing them for the first time. Helps the emotions and comedy be more "raw" or something.

Sometimes I wish I could watch Aladdin for the first time. I don't even remember the first time I watched it. I was 2 and watched it allll the time. I had it memorized before I even understood it. I wish I could watch it and experience the emotions and comedy like I was a blankslate.
Wife to the Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LJ: I honestly loved Return. Everyone else says that animation is bad and blah, blah, blah, but I still loved it! The Jafar Song was just SO awesome. I have been playing that over and over until everyone gets headaches from me replaying it on youtube. ^^ I haven't seen the third Aladdin yet. I couldn't be bothered because of no Jafar. Razz Is it any good?

Meesh: Yeah, I know what you mean! I'm kinda glad I hadn't watched Aladdin before. It was such an amazing experience when I saw it for the first time, you know? ^^ Plus, I don't think I would've fallen in love if I had seen it when I was 4 or so. xD

OMG, you watched it when you were 2? Wow! That's cool that you had it memorized, but lol about not understanding it yet. That's funny. xP Does anyone else in your family like Aladdin?
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JafarsRomancer wrote:
Meesh: Yeah, I know what you mean! I'm kinda glad I hadn't watched Aladdin before. It was such an amazing experience when I saw it for the first time, you know? ^^ Plus, I don't think I would've fallen in love if I had seen it when I was 4 or so. xD

Yeah, which was my thing with BatB. I saw it a lot as a kid, and to me it was Aladdin's inferior rival haha. But now that I watch it as a young adult, having not seen it since I was much younger, I am growing a grand appreciation for it, and it jumped several spots in my favorite list. It's a spectacular film in every way!!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Belle/BATB stans have completely ruined that movie for me because they are incapable of talking about her/it without bashing all the other princesses/Disney movies in the process, so I've grown to not like it. I appreciate its place in history and I love Lumiere, but it's not the greatest animated film ever. I was delighted when Up was nominated for best picture and I didn't even care much for Up. I just wanted them to stop going "omg only animated film to be nominated for best picture!11"
lisa jane
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never really like BatB as a kid; as an adult, I love it, but nowhere near as much as Aladdin. There's plently of movies better than BatB out there but it still has its own charm.
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
The Belle/BATB stans have completely ruined that movie for me because they are incapable of talking about her/it without bashing all the other princesses/Disney movies in the process, so I've grown to not like it.

Yeah, getting into little nit-fits like that are stupid IMO. We get it. She turns down a guy and loves her dad and dresses modestly and loves an ugly guy. Now get over yourselves and let us enjoy the movie. Razz
Wife to the Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beauty and the Beast is a good film! I always thought Cogsworth (is that his name? I forgot) was funny. It's never been one of my favorite movies, probably because of the plot, but I definitely think it's a good movie.

Has anyone seen the Hunchback of Notre Dame?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meesh wrote:
AladdinsGenie wrote:
The Belle/BATB stans have completely ruined that movie for me because they are incapable of talking about her/it without bashing all the other princesses/Disney movies in the process, so I've grown to not like it.

Yeah, getting into little nit-fits like that are stupid IMO. We get it. She turns down a guy and loves her dad and dresses modestly and loves an ugly guy. Now get over yourselves and let us enjoy the movie. Razz

Yeah, those are nice things, but that doesn't make her better than the others. The one that always causes me to get in fights is "She's not as stupid as the other princesses/she's smarter than the other princesses because she reads". Like ajdnkafsd don't even go there with me Laughing

There's also the idea every Belle fan thinks they're Belle incarnated, which is also obnoxious.

JafarsRomancer wrote:
Has anyone seen the Hunchback of Notre Dame?

I didn't appreciate that film as a child since a lot of it went over my head, but now that I'm older, wow, Disney got away with that? Laughing It's a lovely film, though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum