Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Aladdin to Be Featured in Once Upon a Time
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aladdin to Be Featured in Once Upon a Time
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:37 pm    Post subject: Aladdin to Be Featured in Once Upon a Time Reply with quote

Oh man they better not mess this up Shocked

Quote:

Someone's taking a magic carpet ride to Storybrooke!

In its sixth season, Once Upon a Time will welcome everyone's favorite street urchin Aladdin into the fold, it was revealed at San Diego Comic-Con on Saturday. At the close of the show's panel, co-creators Adam Horowitz and Eddy Kitsis unveiled the first three minutes of the season premiere, which gave fans their first glimpse of the character, who will be played by Deniz Akdeniz.

And he won't be arriving from Agrabah alone. Jafar will be hot on his heels, though he'll look a little different from the Jafar we met in spin-off series Once Upon a Time in Wonderland. This time around, the villain will be played by Oded Fehr (Covert Affairs). (Naveen Andrews, the franchise's original Jafar, was unavailable due to his commitment to Netflix's Sense8.)

http://www.eonline.com/news/781282/once-upon-a-time-reveals-aladdin-is-coming-in-first-look-at-season-6-premiere

Other links:
http://tvline.com/2016/07/23/once-upon-a-time-aladdin-storyline-princess-jasmine-cast-karen-david/

http://tvline.com/2016/07/23/once-upon-a-time-season-6-aladdin-jafar-cast-oden-fehr/
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean I actually have to watch this show now? drat Laughing
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehehe >: )

Have you watched any of it?
Cave of Wonders Tour Guide

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds really interesting. I know a few people who adore this show, but I never really got into it, which is weird because I actually really like fairy tales. I saw the quick promo in the link you provided Meesh and I don't know how I feel about it. I'm excited that Aladdin is actually getting recognized, but it looks kinda strange. Why is Aladdin the saviour? Where is Genie (either of the lamp or the ring)? Why is Jafar riding on a magic carpet? Also, why did he turn that random guy into dust? Wait, that was actually pretty cool. Very Happy
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This sounds really interesting. I know a few people who adore this show, but I never really got into it, which is weird because I actually really like fairy tales.

That might be why you don't like the show Laughing (kidding)

The first season was great. Now they just do the same things over and over again with different characters, and it's like one giant, sloppy fairytale soap opera.

It kind of sucks now, but I can't help but like it. IT'S COMPLICATED

Quote:
I saw the quick promo in the link you provided Meesh and I don't know how I feel about it. I'm excited that Aladdin is actually getting recognized, but it looks kinda strange. Why is Aladdin the saviour?

Not sure. A different character has been the savior, so it should be interesting to see this explained. They re-imagine the fairy tales and change their plots a ton (except for recent movie characters. Frozen and Brave characters were exactly like the movie).

Kinda cool that Aladdin is (it seems) starting at rock bottom again. Looks like this will act more like a sequel than a re-telling, which could be very interesting.

Quote:
Where is Genie (either of the lamp or the ring)?

There was a genie character already introduced to the show. He was a baddie sidekick and nothing like Aladdin's genie. Maybe he will tie in, maybe there will be a different genie, who knows? I was wondering the same thing!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't at all. I kept hearing mixed reviews about it.
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds about right. It's not very well-written, but Disney sooo...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I literally turned on my TV, this episode was on (to which I started to laugh hysterically because what kind of Aladdin radar do I have to know this was on) and Aladdin and Jasmine have pseudo British accents Shocked
Fez_Head

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pseudo British accents? I have got to see this. Smile
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/10/20/once-upon-time-jasmine-aladdin-video
There's a clip there of the opening. Their part is 1:15ish

Also, the capitol of Agrabah is Agrabah. Were they not listening to the peddler? Laughing
Fez_Head

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are so many weird things about this clip, Al's and Jasmine's voices aside. Like, why is Aladdin feeling people up as he literally steals their valuables? Why is Jafar creating the next bubonic plague by turning people into rats? Where is Iago to turn into a frilled lizard during this time? Why is Aladdin so unfazed that he's talking to THE princess Jasmine?

Yeah, I'm also confused with the whole capital city thing. Maybe the previous sultans lacked creativity in the name department.

Very Happy
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Iago thing is answered in the episode but I don't want to give away spoilers in case you watch Laughing . Also, Aladdin in this version takes more after his original book counterpart than the movie at times, so that's part of why he's like "oh, it's that rich girl that sits in her palace all day while we're down here dying". They start off way differently than they do in the movie.

Their outfits were really gorgeous, though. Good job whoever did those. I wanted barbies so bad Laughing

It didn't strike me until I saw that opening title but Agrabah is both the country and the city. It's like New York, New York.
Fez_Head

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. That clears it up a bit more. I haven't seen the episode (I probably never will since I don't really watch this show so I don't mind spoilers if you want to spill:)) It still doesn't explain why he was touching those people though. Al, that's just weird. You'd think someone would have noticed.

I agree: the costumes did look really nice, especially Aladdin's fez. "Welcome to Agrabah, where even the poor people look fabulous!"
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[[SPOILERS]]Iago was turned in to an oracle instead Laughing [[SPOILERS]]. Still no explanation for Aladdin coping a feel.

I wish they would have based the new park outfits off these instead Mad
Fez_Head

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I.. I have no words to that information. All I'm imagining is the oracle from KOT with Iago's voice. My brain doesn't need this picture right now. Very Happy Also maybe Aladdin's uh, handsiness, will be explained later. I hope.

Oh my gosh!!! Yes! Yes! And yes! Costumes like these would be so amazing. Disney, start taking notes. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum