Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Have to get this off my chest but...
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Have to get this off my chest but...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Fan Works
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lisa jane
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:47 am    Post subject: Have to get this off my chest but... Reply with quote

I'm pretty much open to any sort of pairing across any fandom.

But if I see one more Jafar/Aladdin fanfic, I'll cry. I'm too afraid to ever click on the title of one that advertises that. The image of just the pairing makes me want to gauge images out of my head with a spoon, let alone reading any of it...
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was one person that use to flood ff.net with it years ago with song fic and melodramatic angsty stuff. I'm reminded of why I don't go there anymore Laughing
lisa jane
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still on there for my own stuff but I'm way choosy, and have to shake my head at what the fandom's falling into Rolling Eyes

Example, one particular title - "Totally Pointless Yaoi Version 2 Point 0"...
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like a lot of people are trying to catch the Aladdin fandom up to be just like all the other fandoms with the typical crap. The ones where someone gets sucked in to the world of Aladdin always drives me nuts.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like a lot of people are trying to catch the Aladdin fandom up to be just like all the other fandoms with the typical crap. The ones where someone gets sucked in to the world of Aladdin always drives me nuts.
Rajah
Streetrat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with both points.

While I accept most pairings, Jafar/Aladdin is the one pairing I absolutely despise. It's not that I'm against yaoi or yuri, the pairing itself makes zero sense. And most fanfictions involving the two are poorly written. If someone could manage to write a phenomenal fanfiction involving that pairing with an excellent plot and believable scenes-then maybe, I'll reconsider. I used to think the same way about Jafar/Jasmine, but after seeing lisa jane's fanfictions, I started adoring the pairing. And it does make a lot more sense than Jafar/Aladdin.

And unfortunately, I see plenty of fanfictions where some mary-sue gets sucked into the world of Aladdin and becomes the main character. -_- And the crossover ones are just an eyesore.
lisa jane
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desert Witch wrote:
I used to think the same way about Jafar/Jasmine, but after seeing lisa jane's fanfictions, I started adoring the pairing.

Awww you're welcome!

I'm not against yaoi or yuri either but I just don't get the Jafar/Aladdin pairing... as far as I'm concerned there has to be SOMETHING in the canon that would make them even remotely a possibly pairing (at the very least you've got Jafar trying to get Jasmine to fall in love with him/marry him in canon, even if only for his own selfish means). I don't know what movies or TV episodes others have watched, but I've never even seen a spark of interest other than hate between Jafar and Aladdin. That said there's a hell of a lot of badly written fan-fiction that's Jafar/Jasmine as well, yanking them so massively out of their personalities within the first sentences of a story.

TBH I don't know how one could write a Mary Sue, let alone make them a main character... they have no conflict and are essentially dull. I could try to write one but I think they'd still end up having a million emotional issues, or try to kill another character and their baby due to unresolved self-blame and jealously issues or something...
Jafaria
Vizier's Handmaiden

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Am I the only one who'd actually like Jafar/Aladdin if there was good fanfic for it?

I know most of the fanfic on FFN is bad, but I think that it could be done right, even if it's implausible.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought you above all people would not like, actually.
lisa jane
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desert Witch said she'd reconsider it if it had an excellent plot and believable scenes... so you're not entirely alone.
Jafaria
Vizier's Handmaiden

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
I thought you above all people would not like, actually.

I ship Jafar/Hades. Pairing him with someone who's actually from the same canon looks plausible compared to that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Fan Works All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum