Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - So how's the weather?
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So how's the weather?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:56 pm    Post subject: So how's the weather? Reply with quote

Did you peeps on the east coast feel that earthquake? We didn't feel it here in TN (we get tornadoes instead Laughing). Apparently it went from Virginia to Pennsylvania Shocked

Last edited by AladdinsGenie on Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Princess of Agrabah
Fangirlishly Enamored Soul

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dad was at work and he said the whole building shook. I was in my room and I could hear/see my painting shaking on the wall ( but our house is old and stuff creaks and shakes for whatever reason, so I had thought it was normal ) and then he called and asked if we felt the earthquake and I was like "Wut?" until I realized what happened. A bunch of people in the library I volunteer at felt it too. I didn't feel it too much but it depends on who you ask I guess. It's weird though because we haven't had anything like that up here since '93.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow, I'd be nervous if anything starting shaking up there. I have a lot of breakable things out Laughing
Princess of Agrabah
Fangirlishly Enamored Soul

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shouldn't say shaking, more like vibrating? And the walls do that a lot, but my mom was in the shower and the door started making noises--so I guess the house was shaking but we just ignored it Laughing
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was driving and I missed it Sad SO MAD

Hurricane Irene? My street has power, but areas in my county are flooded. Lots of trees down and power outages. It doesn't seem to be the worst storm in 50 years as they were predicting, but I just woke up so we'll see what's up.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard there's been a few deaths, but mostly it's been power outages, floods, and knocked down debris like trees, street signs and poles, fences, that sort of thing.
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I believe most of the deaths (11 reported I believe?) were in NC and that most of them were people trying to drive or something when they should have stayed home. So sad! Sad

But I woke up and went shopping today, so not too bad here in the Philly burbs. Some roads on the other side of my town are closed due to flooding and downed things though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum