Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Have you ever looked back on your old posts...?
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Have you ever looked back on your old posts...?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:21 pm    Post subject: Have you ever looked back on your old posts...? Reply with quote

...and thought, "I don't even remember writing that?" A lot of my posts were from high school. My way of thinking as well as my writing style have changed so much. I don't even recognize the voice/tone/intent in a lot of my old posts. Looking back, I noticed I used to be a lot more silly and optimistic Laughing
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a lot more spazzy and sexually frustrated over Aladdin. Only the former has changed Laughing
Calluna

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do forget that I've written things, but I don't think I've changed all that much on this board.

Now, my AML posts from 10-11 years ago... boy was I naive back then! Wink
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, even in the last year!

I was in 8th grade I think when I came here. (I'm now a sophomore in college.) I was silly and wrote fics semi-regularly, LOVED joking around with Hourglass and Husse and, eventually, IRideAladdinsCarpet. And I used to ogle over my silly 8th grade boyfriend

And anything involving sexuality was scary. Even like last year I was weirded out by mature Disney fiction. Now, it doesn't bother me so much when tastefully done. It can actually be quite lovely! (...if you stop trying to imagine it in a rated G family film lol)

Some threads I started too, looking back I'm like, "I don't remember ever wondering this."
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have anywhere near enough posts here to not remember what I wrote, but just wanted to say that

Meesh wrote:
=
I was in 8th grade I think when I came here. (I'm now a sophomore in college.)

makes me feel so old Laughing I was already in college when you joined here, sigh...
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calluna wrote:
I do forget that I've written things, but I don't think I've changed all that much on this board.

Now, my AML posts from 10-11 years ago... boy was I naive back then! Wink

What is AML? I automatically thought of "Ash and Misty Love" Laughing
Calluna

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, sorry, the Aladdin Mailing List. It's a Yahoo group. Smile
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meesh wrote:
And anything involving sexuality was scary. Even like last year I was weirded out by mature Disney fiction. Now, it doesn't bother me so much when tastefully done. It can actually be quite lovely! (...if you stop trying to imagine it in a rated G family film lol)

That reminds me of a fic I saw a while ago. I was like "...you know, I use to joke about what would happen here if the guards never showed up, but I didn't think it would actually happen" Laughing
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meesh wrote:

Yeah, in high school I used to think lemon fan fiction was "bad morals" too. I would get so mad if people wrote Disney characters that way, and I thought they were perverts. Now, I don't think so at all. I'm perfectly fine with it.

It's odd that I ever thought it was perverted in high school, because when I was about 10 years old I KNEW Aladdin and Jasmine were shagging Laughing It's funny that it's okay to think about it, but not okay to write about it. Laughing It's also funny that a 10 year old has a better grasp of reality than a high schooler. I guess it's because the older we grow, the more conditioned we become to society's standards.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum