Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - New song references Aladdin and Jasmine
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New song references Aladdin and Jasmine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calluna
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:48 pm    Post subject: New song references Aladdin and Jasmine Reply with quote

The new rap song "Roman's Revenge" by Nicki Minaj starts with an Aladdin reference:

I am not Jasmine, I’m Aladdin
So far ahead, these bums is laggin’

Presumably that's a reference to "One Jump Ahead". The rest of the song is definitely NSFW, just so you know. Laughing

Does it seem to anyone else that there are a lot more Aladdin references in pop culture in the past couple of years than normal? Saturday Night Live, The Simpsons, Family Guy (on two separate occasions), Community; do you remember any others?

Last edited by Calluna on Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took the rap community long enough to reference him. Aladdin is the original baller Laughing

I mentioned a couple here that happened JUST this year: http://aladdincentral.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=83646#83646

And I know Adam Richman from Man versus Food made a joke about a 12 egg omlette that "Aladdin and Jasmine were going to ride to a whole new world" because the omlette was the size of a mini throw rug, too Laughing
Calluna

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, what was the one in Date Night? I just watched that yesterday and I didn't catch it. Shocked
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil apparently calls Claire "Princess Jasmine"
Ariellen
Scourge of the Desert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not so NEW new anymore, but I remember some references in Superbad ("You look like Aladdin with that vest on") and Night at the Museum 2 (I think one security guard called another "Princess Jasmine," but the details are fuzzy).
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to bring this song up sooo bad on this board, but didn't for fear of crickets and blank stares Laughing
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psych (basically my favorite show right now) referenced Aladdin in an episode my family watched on-demand last night.

One character, in a dramatic rage, points to Spencer and calls him "Iago" (referencing the treacherous Shakespeare character) and storms out.

Then Spencer looks confused and said, "What does the parrot from Aladdin have to do with this?"

Razz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only has he not seen Othello, but he hasn't seen RoJ either, then. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum