Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Aladdin trilogy on ABC Family this weekend
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aladdin trilogy on ABC Family this weekend

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calluna
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:39 am    Post subject: Aladdin trilogy on ABC Family this weekend Reply with quote

This Saturday, ABC Family is showing Aladdin at 8pm EST / 9PM CST. On Sunday they will repeat it at 9:30 am EST / 10:30 CST, followed by The Return of Jafar at 11:30 am EST / 12:30 pm CST, and Aladdin and the King of Thieves at 1pm EST / 2pm CST.

Source: http://www.locatetv.com/movie/aladdin/594146

Last edited by Calluna on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:29 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Calluna

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't want to say this in the main post, but whose bright idea was it to play Aladdin on 9/11? We have enough stupid people connecting the two without Disney giving them any help. Rolling Eyes
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As if we don't have enough problems already, good grief Confused

Would it have killed them to play the movie on Sunday with the rest? Have a themed marathon or something? I mean, 9/11 is just a day no more than Aladdin is just a movie, but given the reactions to the building at Ground Zero and Muslims in general lately in the media, it's pretty safe to say we're still pretty angry at anything remotely from that area. It's stupid and we really need to stop linking everything to that day, but that's asking for too much rationalization, I guess Razz

Then again, some people think the movie is making anti-Arab statements, so maybe that's why they're playing it Laughing
Calluna

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the thing, they *are* playing it on Sunday with the sequels as well; it's just going to be on Saturday night as well. I can only think maybe they're doing it for the end of Ramadan on Friday.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The moon did not line up in favor of this logic this year if that's why they decided to show the movie Laughing
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So did anyone watch this? I'm being told ABC Family bleeped out the word "scoundrel"? Laughing
Calluna

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't have cable anymore, sorry. What? Why? Laughing
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea, but apparently they did and everyone is just as confused. This movie cannot catch a break, I swear Laughing
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't watch it but EVERYONE I KNOW did (and of course they all made a point to tell me)... I'll have to ask around?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a google search just now and people on Twitter and Tumblr were also saying they took the word out. I'm still confused as to why.
Ash
Streetrat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched on Sat, on Sun I went on a hiking trip. Being snuggled up in my sleeping bag in a forest hut with chocolates and a book was worth it. Plus I went on a nice hike the next day.
I hope they show it again.
Princess of Agrabah
Fangirlishly Enamored Soul

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was so happy about this because I could put it on my DVR, since I missed the DVD releases. I was watching it again today, and I didn't recall them bleeping out anything...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to catch it on ABC next time it's on to see. They take out the honeymoon line in KOT when they air it on Disney Channels and some of Genie's Disney character impressions, too. What the hell are they doing to these movies when they air now? Laughing
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While otherwise censors are getting more liberal, letting h*** and b**** on the air, they take scoundrel and honeymoon out of Aladdin? lol

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right? It's like Disney is just now realizing what's been in these movies for years Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum