Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - making of Aladdin timeline
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

making of Aladdin timeline

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calluna
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: making of Aladdin timeline Reply with quote

Well, I promised I would post this, so here it is; sorry that it's so unfinished right now. There are still lots of abbreviations because I wasn't expecting anyone else to have to understand it yet. Laughing (MAF is Aladdin: The Making of an Animated Film, MUG is Mouse Under Glass, etc...) Anything after the dashes means I know it happened after that point but I don't know an exact date. I still have the entire DVD and a whole lot of other things still to go through before this is finished...

1988 - Ashman presents 40-page Aladdin treatment (EW, MUG) (did he have a draft at this time or afterwards? definitely wrote one at some point - T&T)
--before this point: Call Me a Princess written and discarded (MUG)

1988 or 1989 - Linda Woolverton's two script drafts (probably after she wrote BatB, but definitely before TLM came out - Animato,T&T, MUG)

after Nov. 1989 - Musker and Clements come onboard (after TLM) (Animato)
-- new script written with Robin Williams in mind (EW)
-- Iago changed from stuffy Cogsworth type to current form (Katzenburg or Ron&John's idea?)
-- first appearance of Carpet? (MUG - implied)

Apr. 4, 1990 - Ashman tells Menken he is HIV positive (Wednesday after the Oscars) (MBM) (According to MAF it was March 28, two days after the Oscars)

Sept. 1990 - Eric Goldberg comes to work at Disney (first animator to work on "Aladdin", in preproduction for "close to a year") (MAF)

Fall 1990 - Musker and Clements ask Katzenburg to hire Robin Williams as Genie (EW)

Oct. 1990 - Linda Larkin's first audition ("It's all so magical" line already in the script) (MAF)

Nov. 1990 - Larkin's second audition (MAF)

1990 ("just before" the Gulf War) - Rasoul Azadani goes to Ispahan and takes 1800 photos for research (MAF)

Jan. 1991 - Larkin's 3rd audition, "one week later" she is hired (MAF)

Feb. 1991 - Weinger first auditions for Aladdin (People) is hired 6 months later (Charlotte Observer)

March 14, 1991 - Howard Ashman dies

March 29, 1991 (?) - "Black Friday"
-- Elliot and Rossio hired
----- Three wishes, not unlimited
-- Tim Rice hired

Spring 1991, about a month after Ashman's death - Williams sees Goldberg's animation of Genie doing his standup routine and agrees to play him (EW, JH)

July 1991 - auditions for Jasmine opened up again (MAF)

Late 1991, "ten months into full-scale production" - Aladdin aged up so much that he no longer matches older scenes, which have to be reanimated (EW)

Mar. 1992 - Work-in-progress showing in Manhattan (MAF)

Apr. 1992 - interview with Linda Larkin for MAF

Apr. 29, 1992 (Wednesday) - Glenn Keane's interview for MAF, he is working on animating One Jump Ahead

Midsummer (1992?) - "Arabian Nights (Reprise)" cut for time (EW)

July 5, 1992 - Animation must be finished by this date (as of Apr. 29, 1992, MAF)

Dec. 4, 1992 - work has already started on the TV series (EW)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum