Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Mrs. Doubtfire
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mrs. Doubtfire
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ariellen
Scourge of the Desert

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calluna wrote:
KoT in 1995 - Maybe they originally entered it when the release date was first announced and then never updated it? Laughing (I still have ads that came with some of my old Disney tapes that have a 1995 release date for KoT on them...)

I'll buy that explanation. Smile

I don't remember if I have any of the paper booklets anymore (don't think so), but I remember first hearing about it because it appeared in the ad that came in The Lion King VHS case (ca. March '95) and being SO excited that it would be out that summer...and then there was no teaser trailer or anything on the VHS itself! I was so bummed to hear it was delayed.

And then when the first teaser came out...I was SO excited to see a trailer that started with just the Aladdin title logo...bouncing up and down "THIS IS IT, STUFF ABOUT THE NEW MOVIE!!!!!!!"...and "Now, you're favorite characters are back in the final chapter, Aladdin and the King of Thieves! Coming Only to Video!" "This is IT?! This is what we came all the way down here to..." It was crushing!
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Initially, Williams enjoyed these compliments -- until he realized that people were saying that his very best work was in a cartoon, a medium that only made use of an actor's voice, not his face. This is the sort of thing that can really start to bug a guy who studied at Juilliard.

Aww Sad But that's nothing to be upset over these days! People look at voice actors and animation much differently than they did before. (mostly thanks to Disney) I consider voice acting equally important as acting in live movies. I would love to do voice work in a cartoon (as long as the character was cool Wink )
Calluna
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disney Princess wrote:
And then when the first teaser came out...I was SO excited to see a trailer that started with just the Aladdin title logo...bouncing up and down "THIS IS IT, STUFF ABOUT THE NEW MOVIE!!!!!!!"...and "Now, you're favorite characters are back in the final chapter, Aladdin and the King of Thieves! Coming Only to Video!" "This is IT?! This is what we came all the way down here to..." It was crushing!
The first one that showed actual animation was... I want to say...Pocahontas? I have that tape at my parents' house and can't check. But I think that was the one that showed Al's bleeding arm that got edited out, right?
Ariellen
Scourge of the Desert

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calluna wrote:
The first one that showed actual animation was... I want to say...Pocahontas? I have that tape at my parents' house and can't check. But I think that was the one that showed Al's bleeding arm that got edited out, right?

You know, I can't remember what the first one with a trailer with animation and scenes was...Pocahontas is probably right. *very tempted to watch a lot of Disney videos from the general time frame of 1995-early 1996 to see if I can remember on which one I saw it first* This is killing me because I know I watched SOMETHING with the bleeding arm trailer not that long ago, and can't remember what it was!
persian85033
Elemental

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't remember too well, but I think it was Homeward Bouond II:Lost in San Francisco. Confused
Ariellen
Scourge of the Desert

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It definitely is on the Pocahontas VHS, which was released in...March? 1996. That's probably where I saw it first...

And I finally remembered that the other place I'd recently seen it was on the "Magic and Mystery" volume of the Princess Collection VHS tapes; I was needing a Secret of Dagger Rock/Forget Me Lots fix.
AmethystFae
Portland Princess

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calluna wrote:
AladdinsGenie wrote:
It's almost a gamble on mentioning it without wondering if he'll get mad. I was holding my breath when they were giving him his Golden Globe Award a few years ago when they did an entire sequence dedicated to his movies and role of Genie using "Friend Like Me" in the background Laughing
Yeah, he gets very... defensive about that for some reason. Even before Katzenburg went back on their deal he was acting like that. Laughing

Maybe because he doesn't want to be type-casted? But Genie was awesome, and everybody knows that there's more to Robin Williams than Genie. I love most of his movies. (I say most, because there's probably some I haven't seen.) And of course, they'd play "Friend Like Me." What else would they play?

~Hikaru
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum